PDA

View Full Version : Fuel usage incorrect in P51?

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like to point out that it seems that the p51 is modeled to use the wing tanks first and then the fusalage tank. If you look at the floor guages they empty out before the rear guage starts to empty. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Unless of course I am connecting guages to tanks incorrectly. Not that its wrong for P51 to empty tanks in the way its modeled, but I've heard that fusalage tank must be emptied for optimum aerobatic performace.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like to point out that it seems that the p51 is modeled to use the wing tanks first and then the fusalage tank. If you look at the floor guages they empty out before the rear guage starts to empty. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Unless of course I am connecting guages to tanks incorrectly. Not that its wrong for P51 to empty tanks in the way its modeled, but I've heard that fusalage tank must be emptied for optimum aerobatic performace.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 08:41 PM
You are correct, P-51 drained off 1/3 to 1/2 of fuel in the main tank before starting with the droptanks, then wing tanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 09:10 PM
The main tank being the one behind the pilot that caused so much of the trouble in the D version right?

Yeah it should drain first, at least, those were the instructions given to pilots that I've read about. I wonder if that has played any part on the FM or not...it may just be a guage issue.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Is a sim limitation and CANNOT be fixed. Just one of the quirks of IL-2 programming.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 11:16 PM
DGC767 wrote:
- Is a sim limitation and CANNOT be fixed. Just one of
- the quirks of IL-2 programming.

You programmed the game engine?

lol.

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 03:45 AM
DGC767 is correct It is a game limitation and cannot be fixed.

(Nice handle DGC767 I think I have cracked the code.. my car rego is SCT767 http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif )

Ps=V(T-D)/W
III/JG11_IvanK

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 03:58 AM
WOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! Can we Talk ??????