PDA

View Full Version : Another stat-tool released (FBMC)

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 06:08 PM
Hello !

This is just a small announcement.

In the last week I started a little project to get an OpenSource FB Stats-program running.
Now the first executable (v0.5) is available at http://fbmc.sf.net (project page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbmc/ )

The tool (its a alpha/beta hybrid /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) is called FBMC (Forgotten Battles Mission Control) and is hosted at SourceForge. Help is very welcome (any help: mission-designers, coders, writers for documentation, people with ideas and fantasy, icon-designer, etc.).

FBMC is basically compatible with the FBD-format of BadBernie, but more detailed commands and configurations are available (timeout, money/cash-system, ...).
Everybody can access the source-code, advanced programmers can participate via SourceForge's CVS-system.

Feedback welcome /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

PS: I love FBD, I love the stat-idea. But I also love OpenSource and so I just wanted to get an OpenSource version up and running for faster development.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 06:08 PM
Hello !

This is just a small announcement.

In the last week I started a little project to get an OpenSource FB Stats-program running.
Now the first executable (v0.5) is available at http://fbmc.sf.net (project page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fbmc/ )

The tool (its a alpha/beta hybrid /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) is called FBMC (Forgotten Battles Mission Control) and is hosted at SourceForge. Help is very welcome (any help: mission-designers, coders, writers for documentation, people with ideas and fantasy, icon-designer, etc.).

FBMC is basically compatible with the FBD-format of BadBernie, but more detailed commands and configurations are available (timeout, money/cash-system, ...).
Everybody can access the source-code, advanced programmers can participate via SourceForge's CVS-system.

Feedback welcome /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

PS: I love FBD, I love the stat-idea. But I also love OpenSource and so I just wanted to get an OpenSource version up and running for faster development.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 04:19 AM
this certainly deserves a bump!
i congratulate you on your decision to make this an OpenSource project. i did dl the source code and checked it out - i'm working on a scripter tuned to the special needs of one squad myself, but i'm using Java.

to be frank - i am not going to participate in a project written in C++. i worked with that language since 1991 and i am thoroughly tired of it and the way it's evolving.

i wish you luck with the projects though. i'm rather disappointed with the lack of attention you're getting for your efforts to improve the game. guess everybody is just too busy to biatch about the Flight Model.

<center>Another BlitzPig</center>

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 07:05 AM
im not too busy biatching about the FM ( BF ) Whiners

BUMP

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks for replying ...
Well, code is still under major changes.
After heavily using Pascal and Assembler I came to first tries in C/C++ just about 3 years later than you /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Anyway, today I'd rather prefer Java too, but I was afraid of Java being to slow when running in the background of a server. Most machines may be running on their limits already (talk about the need of a dedicated server /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif ), no need to put them under additional load.

If you can host a descent dogfight and have your Java-application running in the background without stutter, please let me know, it sounds interesting !!

Thanks and a "Good Luck" to you too

Salute !

PS: Responses are as I suspected, there arent *that* many server-admins in the world .. after all, its a flightsim, not Counter-Strike /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:49 PM
well, i'm not hosting dogfights myself, but the guy testing for me doesn't experience any slowdowns. that's with a > 2 GHz system though. since the JIT is enabled i'd say it's more a question of having enough memory than processing power.

admittedly, your approach is much better suited for low end systems.

i'll keep an eye on your project!