PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound Issue

Barider85
12-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Has anyone else had sound issues with R6: Vegas?
While playing I noticed that guns were being fired right in front of me and they were shockingly silent. I hear the sound slightly, thanks to surround sound coming out of the L/R/SR/SL speakers, but the center channel does not register any sounds that are directly in front of me, tested it by aiming at talking NPC's, explosions, ect., no dice. If I rotate the view I can hear all of these sounds as long as its not directly in front of me.
I've been repairing pc's and playing games for years and this is the first one to stump me. Since I know the first responses I shall get will be what's your rig and what have you done so far, lets get this over with:

Computer Hardware:
Windows XP Pro x64
ASUS M2N32-Sli Deluxe MB
AMD 64 x2 4200 CPU
1 Gig PC2-5300 RAM
Nvidia 7950 GT KO GPU
Creative SoundBlaster ZS SPU
Klipsch ProMedia GMX D-5.1 Speakers
- Digital connection

Steps taken:
Checked every cable connection - OK
Checked every driver - Current/OK
Double checked sound card and drive - Current/OK
Checked DirectX - Current/OK
Check R6: Vegas - Install was good and it is patched.
Tried a few other programs and games - No problems

The one issue I have with this otherwise spectacular game is that the sound and graphics options are almost non-existent, likely due to it being a multi-platform videogame.

If anyone else has had this issue, or knows how to enable/disable some of the game's sound options so I can have my sound card and speaker handle them more directly, please let me know! Thanks!
-B

Barider85
12-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Has anyone else had sound issues with R6: Vegas?
While playing I noticed that guns were being fired right in front of me and they were shockingly silent. I hear the sound slightly, thanks to surround sound coming out of the L/R/SR/SL speakers, but the center channel does not register any sounds that are directly in front of me, tested it by aiming at talking NPC's, explosions, ect., no dice. If I rotate the view I can hear all of these sounds as long as its not directly in front of me.
I've been repairing pc's and playing games for years and this is the first one to stump me. Since I know the first responses I shall get will be what's your rig and what have you done so far, lets get this over with:

Computer Hardware:
Windows XP Pro x64
ASUS M2N32-Sli Deluxe MB
AMD 64 x2 4200 CPU
1 Gig PC2-5300 RAM
Nvidia 7950 GT KO GPU
Creative SoundBlaster ZS SPU
Klipsch ProMedia GMX D-5.1 Speakers
- Digital connection

Steps taken:
Checked every cable connection - OK
Checked every driver - Current/OK
Double checked sound card and drive - Current/OK
Checked DirectX - Current/OK
Check R6: Vegas - Install was good and it is patched.
Tried a few other programs and games - No problems

The one issue I have with this otherwise spectacular game is that the sound and graphics options are almost non-existent, likely due to it being a multi-platform videogame.

If anyone else has had this issue, or knows how to enable/disable some of the game's sound options so I can have my sound card and speaker handle them more directly, please let me know! Thanks!
-B

NaRc.op
12-15-2006, 08:42 PM
You could try lowering down your hardware acceleration. Go to start/controlpanel/sounds&audio/

when that pops up on the bottom of the "Volume" tab it says Speaker Settings. Go to advanced and then "performance" tab and lower the hardware acceleration down one notch. If it keeps happening try lowering it another etc. If that doesn't work then I dunno, just something for you to try.

Barider85
12-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks, will do!

Barider85
12-16-2006, 12:14 AM
No luck yet, I did try the reduced hardware acceleration, but to no avail.

Corky-
12-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Make sure you have the correct settings chosen with windows. Go to your control panel, double click Sounds and Audio Devices, and click on Advanced under Speaker Settings. Make sure you have 5.1 surround sound speakers chosen or your respective speaker setup in the drop down list.

Hope this helps!

ChubbySailor
12-23-2006, 07:00 AM
Hey - I'm having a similar-ish problem. I have a 7.1 surround on board, and it is set up correctly in windows control pannel, and works fine.
But in the game, i just get sound from the front 2 speakers - any ideas how to get the surround working properly? cheers!

scavenger67
12-23-2006, 08:00 AM
i also have 7.1 sur round sound and i have this problem as well. and this is the only game with this problem. i think it is more of a game issue then any thing else. since we have no control over it in the in game menu.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/0/scavenger67.png (http://profile.xfire.com/scavenger67)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/12_1jpg.jpg