PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 1946: making the game run w/ the same config offline & w/ hyperlobby

fredk1980
04-07-2007, 11:06 PM
quick noob question for you folks.

I recently purchased a saitek x-52 and set it up for use in offline missions by mapping it directly through the game - when i try to get into a server via hyperlobby it seems that these settings are no longer in effect.

what is the quick way to sync my offline and hyperlobby settings so that i get the same control map in both.

Thanks very much.

fredk1980
04-07-2007, 11:06 PM
quick noob question for you folks.

I recently purchased a saitek x-52 and set it up for use in offline missions by mapping it directly through the game - when i try to get into a server via hyperlobby it seems that these settings are no longer in effect.

what is the quick way to sync my offline and hyperlobby settings so that i get the same control map in both.

Thanks very much.

PBNA-Boosher
04-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Never had this problem, but my stick's an old Sidewinder Precision 2. Is your HL name the same as the Nickname for your pilot in IL2?

fredk1980
04-08-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi boosher,

Thanks for the reply - yes, it seems strange to me, but I'm having the same problem with FBlook and haven't had any luck fixing that either.

To answer you question - no the names aren't the same - I actually programmed the controls during a QM builder flight.

FoolTrottel
04-08-2007, 04:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">- no the names aren't the same - </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Those control assignments are stored in a file called 'settings.ini', in folder \Users\&lt;pilotname&gt;.

So, copy the correct settings.ini file over to the folder of the other pilot, and they'll be set correctly.
(Better make a backup copy of them files first)

Good Luck!

DmdSeeker
04-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Sounds to me like you're using two different pilots.

Each time you make a new pilot; you have to set up "his" stick.

This could be usefull if you had a very limited stick with few buttons, as you could, for instance, make a "fighter" pilot and a "bomber" pilot with each thier own button assignments.

But there's no need for that with your stick.

Bearcat99
04-08-2007, 07:16 AM
So make sure you have the same pilot set for online and offline . Your pilot name in HL will be whatever you sign in as it isnt dependedt on the pilot you have set in the sim. That will only show up in an IP to IP type of server.

JRJacobs
04-08-2007, 10:30 AM
one thing i do everytime is rename
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Users\default.ini
to org_default.ini

then i copy my user settings file C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Users\UserNameHere\settings.ini
to
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Users\
and rename it default.ini

now ALL my new pilots have the same settings.

if you make changes to your settings then recopy