PDA

View Full Version : Is Modding a new illness

Maverick_U2007
07-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Could all the mods that are available creating a new addiction similar to alcohol and cigarettes.

I have just checked my Ubisoft Program file folder and found, with its 5 variants of SH3 it is now over 22 GB big. (Probably small fry to some of the long term SH3 players on the forum.

It is now becoming a problem.....I am installing mods as fast as I can...just to see the effects that they have. GWX and WAC are both surreal...the realism they bring creates further excitement to see what 'is round the corner' With SH3 Commander and SH3Gen more detail is brought to the table.

Where and when will it all stop when will the modders finally put their fingers to rest...Never I hope.

I bought this game for the pricely sum of 15 ($30 dollars at todays exchange rate) but what has been added by the modders is priceless.

Do you think my installing 'Mods' is becoming a sickness..do I need medical help? or should I just keep playing all the versions and wait and see what comes next.

SH3 is not a game it's an 'adventure'. Great Mods fellas..keep at it..I'm in my 40's and intend to live for a long time..keep the Mods coming!!!!

Just a quick request....is there any way when on external view that you can keep pace with submarine as opposed to being too slow to keep up with it or too fast and thereby go past it (using CTRL and shift keys) Am tring to make a film and cant get a constant shot on the sub!!

GatorGuy88
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM
As a fellow mod addict, I assure you that you are not alone. Mabye a small dose of some infantry games might do the trick? Anyway a camera that follows the sub, when I push the . (period) button that takes me to an external view that constantly keeps the U-Boat in the center of the screen. This might not work if your realism settings are too high, so just check those before you try this. Good Hunting!

tuddley3
07-14-2007, 03:56 AM
Not only is modding part of the addiction, you will also find yourself searching your cable lineup for WWII movies and documentaries about submarines and battleships, checking out your local bookstore for Uboot books, maybe construct a scale model or two, changing your light bulbs around your computer from 60 watt soft white to red bulbs, and start computing torpedo solutions at traffic on the highway.

It can get expensive(this habit of ours), but it's better than sharing a needle with someone. Tuesday marks my 1 year anniversary(and my B-day), and I am still going strong. Long live SH3.

Also, be sure to upload your SH3 Film to YouTube and share it with us, there is always room for more movie makers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

sdcruz
08-15-2007, 04:20 AM
yes i spent all day today just playing SH3 on my first war patrol and I have not made it back to port yet!

diemax
08-15-2007, 04:40 AM
Its sad... but true. I changed the lightbulb in my computer room to red.