PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about gameplay

meowrsx
01-30-2005, 04:14 PM
Hi, a friend and I are going to buy Pacific Fighters tomorrow, and if we enjoy it we'll get the IL2 Gold Pack. I have a couple of questions about the gameplay though:

1. In online multiplayer, if you are in a plane that takes more than one man to operate, can you have other players take those positions, or does it have to be a CPU that mans the other positions. For example, can my friend fly the plane while I act as his gunner?

2. If the wing on my plane has been shot off and I'm spiralling toward the Earth, can I sit in cockpit view till the point when I actually hit the ground and explode?

3.JG51_BigBear
01-30-2005, 04:19 PM
1. Yes in coops
2. Yes

plumps_
01-30-2005, 04:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by meowrsx:
1. In online multiplayer, if you are in a plane that takes more than one man to operate, can you have other players take those positions, or does it have to be a CPU that mans the other positions. For example, can my friend fly the plane while I act as his gunner? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In cooperative mode you can, in dogfight mode you can't.

Coop = All players start the mission simultaneously; no respawning, human players can play against other humans and AI.
Dogfight = New players can always join and respawn; no moving AI objects.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2. If the wing on my plane has been shot off and I'm spiralling toward the Earth, can I sit in cockpit view till the point when I actually hit the ground and explode? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can, if you're still alive. If I were you I'd bail out instead. When you get killed the screen turns black.