PDA

View Full Version : The most important things to put in controls?

trap46
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I have my K72 programed for panel lites,WEP, Flaps up, flaps down,gear up,gear down cowl/amr flaps,engine, auto pilot,and map'and the two time compression items.
I have looked at the other things, but have things like Toggle FOV and other user defined items. I assume that FOV is Field of View.
I have 23 buttons I can program...Plus two hats, which don't work. How is the HATS program. Like what is left side,right side, front, back. A list would start me on the way.
I know nothing about IL2 or FB. New simmer...

trap46
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I have my K72 programed for panel lites,WEP, Flaps up, flaps down,gear up,gear down cowl/amr flaps,engine, auto pilot,and map'and the two time compression items.
I have looked at the other things, but have things like Toggle FOV and other user defined items. I assume that FOV is Field of View.
I have 23 buttons I can program...Plus two hats, which don't work. How is the HATS program. Like what is left side,right side, front, back. A list would start me on the way.
I know nothing about IL2 or FB. New simmer...

sky67
10-28-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey trap!

These are my joystick bindings (jolly old 8-button, 4-axis Sidewinder 3D Pro):

Main firing buttons:

1: Primary weapons
2: Secondary weapons

Main view buttons (left side of the stick):

3: FOV 55 (comparable to Normal View), for scoring kills
4: Wide View, for maneuvering, cruising and looking around during combat

Extra buttons (foot of the stick):

5: Gunsight View (smallest possible FOV), for zooming in on objects and long-range shots
6: Toggle Gunsight/Normal Sight
7: Tertiary weapons
8: Quaternary weapons

All other controls are bound to the keyboard. As a rule of thumb, try to keep all the essentials needed for combat close by. Experiment and have fun. Welcome to your new addiction!