PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Game Profiler software...Saved my virtual life!

PF_Coastie
02-18-2010, 11:02 AM
OK, a little background first.

As many of you know, I recently upgraded my PC which included going from XP to Win7. Well, Unfortunately, my MSFFB2 stick profiling software would no longer work with Win 7 and I would either have to reprogram my stick using default keys, or switch to a newer different stick. Being stubborn I did not want to do either.

I scoured some threads in here and found one by Bearcat where he mentioned this software, Pinnacle Game Profiler(PGP). I checked it out with their free trial and it ROCKS!

So what is the big deal you ask?

I don't use just any old profile. I use a "shift" key on Button 8 so that I can double all the commands on my stick including the hat switch(since I have TIR. This gives me 20 commands on the stick!

This software can do all that and MUCH, MUCH more. It even has adjustable FFB effects which I have not messed with yet.

So, if you are in a similar situation, check this proggy out. You can buy a lifetime license that is good on up to 5 of your own machines for $20. The developers are fantastic and are more than willing to help via email or in their forum.

You can also download my Profile from the forum if you want to try it. (yes, it is very easy to swap profiles with others) Coastie's MSFFB2 profile for PGP (http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12996)

You can check out the software here:

Pinnacle Game Profiler (http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/)

Even if this does not suit you for this game. This software can be used for ANY controller for ANY game. There are tons of user posted profiles you can download from the site and try. So If you are an avid gamer, try it out.

Ba5tard5word
02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Does it do a good job for things like stick axes and analog sticks?

I sometimes use Xpadder for stuff like fps games that don't have gamepad support, but using it to emulate the mouse on the right analog stick on my Xbox 360 gamepad isn't as good as when a game provides proper gamepad support with good settings for the analog sticks.

I prefer to use a gamepad to mouse and keyboard for anything like an fps game, using mouse and keyboard makes my wrists hurt and gives you less movement control than a game with good analog stick support, and I don't want to have get a bunch of wrist supports when I have a perfectly good Xbox gamepad sitting around. Plus using a mouse and keyboard for an fps game just feels like I'm doing my taxes, it's not as immersive as using a well-supported gamepad.

For example I'm sort of hesitant to get Mass Effect 2...I liked the first one but as in the first one Bioware was too lazy to spend all of 10 minutes setting up gamepad support.

PF_Coastie
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Yes it does. There may be a profile for that in the forums you can simply download and apply.

The program is really amazingly versatile and it is actually way over my head with all it can do.

Best advice I can give is to download it and try. You will get a fully functional version, but can only play for 15min at a time unless you pay $20 for the license.

Good Luck!

PF_Coastie
02-19-2010, 12:12 PM
By the way, You can also go HERE (http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6) and ask questions. They are very good about answering questions.