PDA

View Full Version : ME262 Fires (not T/O)

Apache600
06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, been addicted to IL-2 for a while. It's pretty sad ... i'm a Flight Instructor, and fly most of the day at work, and then i come home ... and fly some more in IL-2.

The one thing i can't figure out what to do is when an engine catches fire in the ME-262 (due to enemy fire) how the heck can you secure it?

My normal procedure is (on the effected engine)
1) Throttle to idle
2) Mixture Cut-off
3) Ignition off
4) Increase airspeed until fire extinguishes.

Usually works well ... but a few minutes later, it lights up again. Does anyone know how to handle this problem?

Apache600
06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Hey guys, been addicted to IL-2 for a while. It's pretty sad ... i'm a Flight Instructor, and fly most of the day at work, and then i come home ... and fly some more in IL-2.

The one thing i can't figure out what to do is when an engine catches fire in the ME-262 (due to enemy fire) how the heck can you secure it?

My normal procedure is (on the effected engine)
1) Throttle to idle
2) Mixture Cut-off
3) Ignition off
4) Increase airspeed until fire extinguishes.

Usually works well ... but a few minutes later, it lights up again. Does anyone know how to handle this problem?

Falcke
06-16-2008, 06:37 PM
I don't think there is a way to stop it from catching on fire again. Just bail out or quickly put it on the ground if you're low.

DuckyFluff
06-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately there is no cure, you may put it out momentarily, however as you have found out it soon re-ignites...bail if you can http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gorillasika
06-17-2008, 12:40 AM
No need to bail instantly.
I have been able to fly several minutes and land after the engine has catched fire, but I think you have to be quite high for starters. So I don't know if this applies to getting fire down low.
After the engine has catched fire, I reduce throttle and dive a little to put it out. After that I have cruised towards an airfield in 40-50% throttle. The flight path has been gradually decending. When I have landed the fire spreads quite rapidly, so then it's time to push esc or bail out quite rapidly.

Capt.LoneRanger
06-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Your pain is well known, Apache.

Fly a 109 and no matter what part of the engine is hit, if it is off, your fueltanks are empty or whatever, the plane is going to explode in a matter of seconds.

Pretty ridiculous also with the P38 and some other multi-engined planes. If an engine get's shot off and burns, it's still regarded as burning on your wing. Though you won't see any fire, you keep silently burning until you suffer further damage due to the "fire" or you just suddenly explode.