PDA

View Full Version : Altair's Immortality?

albertwesker22
05-09-2010, 10:53 AM
In the last page of the codex, it is suggested that Altair delves into the apple looking for a way to prolong his life. Could this be the reason why Altair, Ezio and Desmond have the same face?

TheLeoCrow
05-09-2010, 11:05 AM
The face is Desmont's.That's how he sees himself in the animus, even if he's living the life of someone else

itsamea-mario
05-09-2010, 11:10 AM
nah, i think that the reason they look alike, is cos they're all basically the same, such *** certain people in the bloodline are the same, and they all have similar destinys, usually involving a piece of eden, even the lip scar. another possibility i heard was that they are each re-incarnations of maybe adam.

i dont quite understand what you said, where you suggesting that ezio is altair?

albertwesker22
05-09-2010, 11:14 AM
i dont quite understand what you said, where you suggesting that ezio is altair?

A re-incarnation of Altair yes.

PlagueDoctor357
05-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I think they have a direct blood line with Minerva and the ones that came before.

Thus they have special blood and all end up with the same face in the end.

He does have the eagle vision after all.

phil.llllll
05-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
In the last page of the codex, it is suggested that Altair delves into the apple looking for a way to prolong his life. Could this be the reason why Altair, Ezio and Desmond have the same face?

I believe so, and along with their appearances as you say are indeed identical.

Also in another one of the codex pages (one of the earlier ones) it mentions this:

"Attis. Dionysus. Horus. Krishna. Mithra. Jesus. Similar stories color their lives. Too similar, I think. Divine birthright. Persecution. Disciples. Miraculous acts. Resurrection...
How is it possible?

Perhaps it isn't... Merely a single story told over the ages? Borrowed then changed to fit the times? Evolving as our tools and language do? Is this tale born of fact or fiction? A bit of both? Could these figures be the same person - their life extended and transformed by a Piece of Eden?"

Particularly the last bit there and along with the last codex page, suggesting he found a way to do something similar (I can see no other reason for the like for like appearances). Well I guess it could be said Ubisoft is just messing with us but I don't think they'd continue it throughout both games if it didn't have something to do with a future plot point.

Not to suggest that Desmond is Altair or Ezio even but somehow he's at least transfered his physical appearance to them. And Desmond through the animus does indeed have their abilities. Maybe some kind of yet unexplained weird reincarnation of sorts..

Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:

The face is Desmont's.That's how he sees himself in the animus, even if he's living the life of someone else

Not sure why that would be. They've never addressed it directly in game as that being so.

And not to mention Ezio gets his scar at the beginning so unless Desmond thought that part up I wouldn't think so.

hobo8675309
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
on the main menu, it reads, "altair makkes a surprise appearance in the game. have you seen him?". la volpe is a possible candidate for altairs true identity in his database entry it is suggested that some beleive him to be immortal.

albertwesker22
05-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by hobo8675309:
on the main menu, it reads, "altair makkes a surprise appearance in the game. have you seen him?". la volpe is a possible candidate for altairs true identity in his database entry it is suggested that some beleive him to be immortal.

Interesting idea. I didn't even think of that. Though I think the surprise apearence is the dream sequence.

TheEpicWolf
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hobo8675309:

Thats a good idea but Altair's face wouldn't have changed xD
Interesting idea. I didn't even think of that. Though I think the surprise apearence is the dream sequence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cjail
05-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Altair, Ezio, and Desmond also share the same scar on the lips: that can't be hereditary!
Maybe all 3 share the same face because developers were lazy? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

Just joking guys!

P.S.
Sorry to disappoint you guys but the "Altair's appearance" is the small sequence when you play as him in Acre!

jtack101
05-12-2010, 04:56 PM
well Ezio gets the scar in the fight with the gang of guys during boys will be boys so they all just look the same cuz they are from the same family

El_Sjietah
05-12-2010, 05:19 PM
It's probably just a design choice to show the connection between them. I wouldn't read too much into this one.

Lazybeans
05-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
It's probably just a design choice to show the connection between them. I wouldn't read too much into this one.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Also, that last codex page about Altaïr dealing with the Apple "just one more time......." was a shameless cliffhanger from Ubi. We'll just have to see what resulted in AC3. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

phil.llllll
05-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
It's probably just a design choice to show the connection between them.

If that's the case they over did it a bit then.

I mean not only do they throw it in the players face from the moment the game starts that they're ancestors so making them appear physically identical seems to be taking the point too far.

I'm saying I'd still wager that whatever their reasons they've obviously conscientiously made them that way as part of the series story - considering this was always planned as a trilogy they must have had the whole (or part of the whole) story in mind from the get go. Who knows where AC2's subtle hints will lead but whatever that reason ends up being we'll just have to see.

xtiger
05-13-2010, 08:09 PM
as was pointed out, they're all supposed to be Desmond's vision while in the animus. Thus Desmond's face. It's a game, they don't think that far into it until well after the fact

itsamea-mario
05-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by xtiger:
as was pointed out, they're all supposed to be Desmond's vision while in the animus. Thus Desmond's face. It's a game, they don't think that far into it until well after the fact

well why doesnt ezio have the same hair then? like i said before, similar destinies, they may be sort of re-incarnations, each one special, giovani doesnt have any succes involving the piece of eden, yet ezio. looking like altair and desmond does. all similar destinies such as the POE's and some kind of world saving act, along with the lip scar, we see ezio recieve his so it cant be a perception measure.

ezio and desmond cant be altair directly, maybe re-incarnations, but i dont believe that had anything to do with the POE, i heard before they may be re-incarnated of Adam, from Eden.

i think altair either died from the POE or became immortal, hence lived forever, or longer.

hmmmmmmmm strange.

mdevilm2
05-14-2010, 01:21 PM
i personally think Altair will be playable for a time in assassins creed 3. those people u see on the cover are other assassins. some have masks. Altair is immortal and an assassin. Does that not make you wonder?

mdevilm2
05-14-2010, 01:27 PM
also (i left this out of the other post) in the trailer there are many animus machines. maybe each brings you too a different place? hmm? think about it.

albertwesker22
05-14-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm certain this subject will be addressed in AC3. "What harm is there in one last look?" Either no harm or the **** hit the fan.

Deathshennin
05-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Well, there is a piece of edin which gives you the power to heal, and revive the dead. Its also seen on Subject 16's puzzles, on jesus's robe.

IF Altair found it, he might life longer.

Fairus60
05-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by mdevilm2:
i personally think Altair will be playable for a time in assassins creed 3. those people u see on the cover are other assassins. some have masks. Altair is immortal and an assassin. Does that not make you wonder?
Maybe not playable, but indeed they MUST show us his ultimate fate, even if it is through Altairīs own eyes or from those of one of his sons, they cant leave us only with some crappy codex pages. They have to show it just as it happened

TheEpicWolf
05-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by Fairus60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mdevilm2:
Maybe not playable, but indeed they MUST show us his ultimate fate, even if it is through Altairīs own eyes or from those of one of his sons, they cant leave us only with some crappy codex pages. They have to show it just as it happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Ezio lives till after AC2.5 then i think in AC3 we will see the fates of Altair and Ezio. The reason i think this is because Desmond was pretty much ready to kill at the end of AC2 so they may only go back in the Animus to finish his training or to find clue's to the templars plan, i'm not really sure if he could reconnect to Altair though seeing how he had a child so would likely be a time before that(if at all).
And obviously he would still be able to connect to Ezio.

That may not make sense but it's just a quick idea i thought of http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fairus60
05-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by TheEpicWolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fairus60:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mdevilm2:
Maybe not playable, but indeed they MUST show us his ultimate fate, even if it is through Altairīs own eyes or from those of one of his sons, they cant leave us only with some crappy codex pages. They have to show it just as it happened </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If Ezio lives till after AC2.5 then i think in AC3 we will see the fates of Altair and Ezio. The reason i think this is because Desmond was pretty much ready to kill at the end of AC2 so they may only go back in the Animus to finish his training or to find clue's to the templars plan, i'm not really sure if he could reconnect to Altair though seeing how he had a child so would likely be a time before that(if at all).
And obviously he would still be able to connect to Ezio.

That may not make sense but it's just a quick idea i thought of http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that would be great, that they recopilated the ancestors of the series in this final installement in desmonds story, similar to how mgs4 showed elements of all the mgs series