PDA

View Full Version : My theory about Neuro-Transmitor! PINEAL GLAND??

MJ86
06-29-2010, 01:36 PM
At a couple of points in the Assassin's Creed story we hear about a neuro-transmitor in the human brain which, as best as I can remember, is what allowed THE ONES WHO CAME BEFORE to control humanity using the Pieces of Eden. My theory is that Ubisoft may intend to reveal this to be the PINEAL GLAND.

For those of you not aware of the Pineal Gland, it is a small gland that resides in the centre of the human brain. Although modern science can't(or won't) confirm it's exact function, there are some interesting theories which I think would tie in well with assassin's creed.

Many believe that the Pineal Gland is the third eye that many ancient civilisations depicted as the gateway to the afterlife. There are theories to suggest that human's have lost or are yet to gain the full use of the gland, and that control of it's full power would give human's better perception(Eagle Vision??), amongst other amazing gifts. If, as it has been suggested, the Assassin's are the offspring of a relationship between one of the ones who came before and a human, then I think it would make perfect sense that they would have a better control of their Neuro-Transmitors/Pineal Gland. Therefore being able to resist the power of The Pieces of Eden, aswell as use Eagle Vision, pull off amazing free running and jumping acrobatics, and all that other crazy Assassin ****.

I have more theories to do with the Pineal Gland and Assassin's creed but don't have time to write it all. If you have not already, you can find some interesting videos on youtube about the Pineal Gland, I suggest you look up, Pineal Gland, DMT, and Annunaki for some fascinating information that could possibly relate to Assassin's creed.

Please let me know your opinions on this, and feel free to point out any holes in my theory. Just don't tell me that I've posted in the wrong forum!!

lilbacchant
06-29-2010, 07:20 PM
First the Pineal Gland is NOT a neurotransmitter. From an analogous standpoint, that's sort of like saying your video card is a 5-volt current. The closest you can get to making a pineal gland/neurotransmitter connection is that the pineal gland controls the release of melatonin, which is itself a hormone, but a hormone that in many ways acts like a neurotransmitter.

The scientific community understands the pineal gland as much, if not more, as it does most other parts of the brain. In fact, I'd dare say, it's better understood than the functioning of the brain, as a whole, is in general.

Of course, since so little is really known about the brain*, the fact that we know more about the pineal gland still means there's a lot about it we don't know.

Some of the cells in the human pineal gland are quite similar to some cells in the eyes, so your theory about its relation to Eagle Vision is interesting. However, its relation to an assassin's athletical abilities is highly questionable -- at best. (Keep in mind that the pineal gland itself is about the size of a grain of rice.)

Those similar cells between the eyes and the pineal gland, as currently understood, are primarily because both organs rely on light. The pineal gland has nothing to do with vision, per say, but is really more of an internal time piece, a time piece that utilizes light, and the absence of light, to signal the animal (via the hormome, melatonin, e.g.) when to sleep--in the short run--and when to breed, hibernate, and even, perhaps, when to sexually develop, in the long run.

Most have heard of the so-called circadian rhythm and the body's (brain's) internal clock/calendar ... well, you can thank the pineal gland for that. This also means if you travel frequently, you can curse it for jet lag.

If I remember correctly, though, the Truth puzzle that included the article about the unknown neurotransmitter never mentions what area(s) of the brain it found those particular receptors, so who knows. Personally, I'm not sure the developers really care about those kinds of details. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

* Many people think we mostly have the brain figured out, when, in reality, we still know very little. We have learned a lot over the past half century, to be sure, but that's perhaps where the misperception comes from: we've learned so much, how much more could there be? Well, a lot.

Think about this statement: I know 10x more about 'z' now than I did before. Most people would interpret this as meaning I must know a whole lot about 'z'. But if I only knew 1% of what there is to know about 'z' to begin with, that means even after learning 10x as much, I still only know 10% of what there is to know.