PDA

View Full Version : Acre, the right look?

Abeonis
08-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Right, this has been bugging me since Assassin's Creedgot released, though I've only just clicked to posting it on the forums.

Ayways, in the first game the city of Acre was portrayed as being under Crusader control, whilst Jerusalem and Damascus were under Saracen control. Now, this is all fine, but what caught me as funny is the fact that Acre looks like a European city, whereas the other two look Middle-eastern.

I'm curious as to whether Acre actually look like a Western city during that time period, or if people think this was a concious decision on the part of Ubisoft? An if so, should they have done it...

Stormpen
08-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Acre was a Crusader outpost way before Saladin captured it. So after Richard I, and the other crusaders liberate, it still has the European buildings.

itsamea-mario
08-26-2010, 09:08 AM
yeah, and it would seem the british crusaders also brought the weather with them..

magesupermaster
08-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Refer to this link bleow if you want to know more about Acre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acre,_Israel

I'm lazy...

Stormpen
08-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
yeah, and it would seem the<STRIKE>british</STRIKE>welsh crusaders also brought the weather with them..

Lol.

The atmosphere in AC was amazing.

SlimeDynamiteD
08-26-2010, 09:24 AM
I have to agree though, it did look more like a European city, it was too Dark to be in Israel, at first I even thought it was in Germany and I was like: Whut no way.

Xanatos2007
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by SlimeDynamiteD:
it was too Dark to be in Israel
Too dark? It had the lightest colour tone out of all the cities!

Ru1986
08-27-2010, 01:09 AM
Acre probably looked european at the time because of our influences but trust me it dont look much like that now. I have nbever been but know religous types who have and they have shown me pics its very domey if you get my meaning.

magesupermaster
08-27-2010, 01:40 AM
I've been to Acre a couple of times and it's quite sunny there but less hotter.

In AC, the atmosphere is colder and darker becuase Acre is located in the north of Israel and somewhat higher then other cities which makes the temperatures lower then cities in the center or the south.