PDA

View Full Version : why is it that i cant get my game to go to the fullest resolution?

DemonDeathEX09
06-19-2011, 06:19 PM
my fullest resolution is 1600 x 900 but the higest i can get is like 1138 X 700 i think. why wont it get a higher resoulution? Its for the game Tom Clancy Splinter Cell COnviction

KingDaniel0
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by DemonDeathEX09:
my fullest resolution is 1600 x 900 but the higest i can get is like 1138 X 700 i think. why wont it get a higher resoulution? Its for the game Tom Clancy Splinter Cell COnviction

The higher resolution value must be there. You need to actually scroll down the list of resolutions from the Game's Menu. Just try to scroll down the list to get your desired Screen Resolution i.e. 1600 x 900.

If the above does not work, then try to manually edit the game's config file, which is ConvictionUserPC.ini. Open this config file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' with notepad, and search for the following heading/lines e.g.:

[UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
VisualQuality=2
StartupFullscreen=True
FullscreenViewportX=
FullscreenViewportY=
MaxRefreshRate=60
WindowedViewportX=
WindowedViewportY=
UseVSync=False
UseHDR=True
MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

Now enter the desired value of the Screen Resolution Mode inside the 'FullscreenViewportX/Y=' lines as seen above, and save the file. The above config file can be found here: C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction\ConvictionUserPC .ini.

These Folders may be 'Hidden' under Windows, so make a note of this. For Windows XP, try looking for the above file i.e. 'ConvictionUserPC.ini' under the following path, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users or Owner\Application Data\Ubisoft\Conviction.

---------------------------------------

DemonDeathEX09
06-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Lol thanks bro i feel like such a noob for not doing that in the first placelol.

justinpunny
06-21-2011, 03:38 AM

You can also enter the desired Screen Resolution values inside the config file, as explained above.

Cheers.