PDA

View Full Version : Hey, at least the P-40 doesn't blow up anymore

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 06:46 PM
As an ofline player with a less-than-perfect computer setup and less than unlimited time to playest the new patch I have the following comments:

(1) Sound is significantly improved...when it works. There still is an annoying tendency for it to cut out or change volume at times. I still wish the booms and whistles of AA were as exciting as in the original Il2.

(2) I've noted a few minor enancements to graphics and details, but nothing I probably wouldn't have paid attention to if I wasn't looking for them.

(3) High altitude graphics are still awful. I'd just as soon they eliminated anything over 5000 meters altogether.

(4) I've still got an annoying delay in joystick triggers which hs been with me since I started playing the original Il2

(5) Padlocking is crippled as it seems the range at which you can padlock a target has been cut at least in half. There still doesn't seem a padlock for ships.

(6) Although some planes seem a litle less stable, I have been pleased by improvements to several. In general it seems the stall characteristics of the Fw190 series are not quite as deadly, and their performance has been enhanced. I think the capabilities of late war Bf109s have been realistically reduced. The P-47's speed and dive is better modelled, but I can't believe it really had such a bad turn rate at any altitude. The P-40 can now be flown successfully in a campaign as it no longer self-destructs. It now seems posible to restart the I-16 engine in flight after a dive to get the propellor speed up. The Me 262 is now more capable overall, especially regarding increased accuracy of the 30mm cannon. I have not had the chance to fly enough of the other planes for a comparison, but so far I've seen no real reason to whine.

(7) The ground and shipborn AA is much reduced in accuracy. This by itself was worth the download time.

Overall I am satisfied with the patch. Itworked "right out of the box" and fixed some of the major problems I had observed without introducing others. Certainly, it didn't address everything it could have, but one would imagine this won't be the last update.

Now for that add on with the zero sen!

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 06:46 PM
As an ofline player with a less-than-perfect computer setup and less than unlimited time to playest the new patch I have the following comments:

(1) Sound is significantly improved...when it works. There still is an annoying tendency for it to cut out or change volume at times. I still wish the booms and whistles of AA were as exciting as in the original Il2.

(2) I've noted a few minor enancements to graphics and details, but nothing I probably wouldn't have paid attention to if I wasn't looking for them.

(3) High altitude graphics are still awful. I'd just as soon they eliminated anything over 5000 meters altogether.

(4) I've still got an annoying delay in joystick triggers which hs been with me since I started playing the original Il2

(5) Padlocking is crippled as it seems the range at which you can padlock a target has been cut at least in half. There still doesn't seem a padlock for ships.

(6) Although some planes seem a litle less stable, I have been pleased by improvements to several. In general it seems the stall characteristics of the Fw190 series are not quite as deadly, and their performance has been enhanced. I think the capabilities of late war Bf109s have been realistically reduced. The P-47's speed and dive is better modelled, but I can't believe it really had such a bad turn rate at any altitude. The P-40 can now be flown successfully in a campaign as it no longer self-destructs. It now seems posible to restart the I-16 engine in flight after a dive to get the propellor speed up. The Me 262 is now more capable overall, especially regarding increased accuracy of the 30mm cannon. I have not had the chance to fly enough of the other planes for a comparison, but so far I've seen no real reason to whine.

(7) The ground and shipborn AA is much reduced in accuracy. This by itself was worth the download time.

Overall I am satisfied with the patch. Itworked "right out of the box" and fixed some of the major problems I had observed without introducing others. Certainly, it didn't address everything it could have, but one would imagine this won't be the last update.

Now for that add on with the zero sen!

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Sorry but a padlock for ships..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ..

Message Edited on 08/18/0307:27PM by rummyrum

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 01:44 AM
I don't know about others , but I can use mirrors now without a noticeable drop in FPS (P-40, Hurris,P-47, and La7). Cool!