PDA

View Full Version : Buzz

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi there S!

Yes Buzz I'v played CFS-2(a lot) and CFS-3 for a few hours (this game sucks) and a lot of others.
Il-2 and FB are the best simmulators that I have seen so far !
No offense but my kid likes first person shooters and if he's (and any one else) having fun that's ok because I think that's what games are made for.
But in my case there's a diference:

I'm a aviation fan ! Kind of a sick one ! I just dont loose any air show available here .
Last year I drove 400 miles to see the first fly of the Spitfire whith my kid ,that is based here at Brazil(the only one in South America i think ),When the bird took of and made his first low pass I could not help the tears coming out of my eyes.I didnt sleep well for some days !!!....the sound ..!...the legend !! Man i will never forget that !!

So....some people just like aviation things and some others (Me) have AV Gas pumping thru their harts !
Any way...I love to fly this simmulator most of the time on-line and best of all I enjoy the friendship with cool people fron all places.

My kidd loves your sig ! He has a Radio control P-51 painted just like this one of yours.

Sory for my poor english ....

Brazil Salutt !!

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi there S!

Yes Buzz I'v played CFS-2(a lot) and CFS-3 for a few hours (this game sucks) and a lot of others.
Il-2 and FB are the best simmulators that I have seen so far !
No offense but my kid likes first person shooters and if he's (and any one else) having fun that's ok because I think that's what games are made for.
But in my case there's a diference:

I'm a aviation fan ! Kind of a sick one ! I just dont loose any air show available here .
Last year I drove 400 miles to see the first fly of the Spitfire whith my kid ,that is based here at Brazil(the only one in South America i think ),When the bird took of and made his first low pass I could not help the tears coming out of my eyes.I didnt sleep well for some days !!!....the sound ..!...the legend !! Man i will never forget that !!

So....some people just like aviation things and some others (Me) have AV Gas pumping thru their harts !
Any way...I love to fly this simmulator most of the time on-line and best of all I enjoy the friendship with cool people fron all places.

My kidd loves your sig ! He has a Radio control P-51 painted just like this one of yours.

Sory for my poor english ....

Brazil Salutt !!

Buzz_25th
11-08-2003, 08:33 PM
I did see this post in the other thread. I'm thinking you want a response.

When I said I left this sim a lot it's because my true love is auto racing. I did it for real all my life, and would still be doing it if my eyes wern't so bad now. So i'm more into race sims than flight sims. With Grand Prix Legends my favorite. I still love planes and flight sims too. Just not as much. I also did a lot of RC flying, and even competed in competition aerobatics. Tell your son I also had an RC model of the P-51 in my sig. I flew it for fun, but used an Extra 300 for competition. It was another thing I had to give up because of my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/anderson3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Lol !

I don't now many racing simulators , I have Nascar2003 instaled here and i think it´s a good game, but I never tried going on-line with it.(to many lions for me ).

About R/C models that´s what a used to do as a second job working as a instructor since I was 15 years old. I'm 33 now....feels like a dinossaur playing a game !!
I also went into R/C and Control Line aerobatic competition for many years...not anymore!!....now i'm just passing ahead all of my knollege to the new generations , trying to keep the flame burning.
One good thing about this game is the oportunity of meet cool people from evrywhere .

I hope your eyes get better so you can fly R/C again !!!

I Salutt you Pilott !!

PS:..did you now a Chinese guy is five times consecutive World Champion of Control Line acrobatic ?
(GOD HELP US !!!)

Buzz_25th
11-08-2003, 09:02 PM
LOL..No it doesn't surprise me. They seem good at anything they put their mind to doing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25th_Buzz
<center>

Caliber25th
11-08-2003, 09:05 PM
I didn't know you were into racing sims buzz, never mentioned that before. I used to be into that stuff before as well. I remember my first race sim, Nascar 2. I loved it, I wish I had a racing wheel and everything but I don't even think they existed back then. Well anyway after my 1000th virtual lap I realized that i'm getting sick of going aroudn in circles, lol. But who knows, I've never done multiplayer with a wheel and pedles, I'm sure thats hella fun.

<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/caliber.jpg (http://www.vfa25.com)
</center>

Buzz_25th
11-08-2003, 09:18 PM
I did Nascar for about a year, and it is boring. I like road racing much better. Grand Prix legends is 67 F1 cars. No wings/downforce, no fat sticky slicks. very unforgiven tracks like the old Nurburgring. 14 miles through the German country with 144 turns. It's not noob friendly at all, and takes a lot of practice to just stay on the track let alone go fast on it. I've raced it every day for 3 years, and i still find ways to go faster. That's a good sim. I'm driving a beta 65 mod for it now that will make the game even more popular. There are also a 50's and 30's mod being worked on. the community is strong with tons of addons. The game started with 11 tracks, and now has over 250 tracks you can d/l for free.

25th_Buzz
<center>

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 09:29 PM
I didn't now about this game .. I guess someone has posted a few pictures of this race simulator at this forun some months ago and they looked very nice . I could remember because you said something about vintage cars.Is this simulator made to run at Windows XP ? Sure looks fun .
And you right ....playing Nascar alone is very boring !Lol !!

Brazil Salutt !!

Buzz_25th
11-08-2003, 09:37 PM
That was me that posted those pics. Here's another. This is one of the addon tracks, and an upgraded car.

http://gplea.racesimcentral.com/tracks/gpleatracks/crystalpalace/cpsc3-full.jpg

25th_Buzz
<center>

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 09:53 PM
The graphic looks very nice !! And the cars ...you just look at then and there's something like "No high tech stuff here !" ...so if you want to race... better now that some talent is not optional , you must have it !!
Is it made for Windows XP ? Because if is I will get the game soon as i can .
I do have a Microsoft Weel (almost brand new ! ) and my system is prety good ...so....I smell some rubber burning !!

Brazil Salutt !!

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 09:57 PM
Each year or three, new plane simulation will come along and We will said oh wow much better than our old favorvite. After ten years, we will still remember how crazy and hardcore on that old plane simulation as youngsters stare us and said "oh they are so weird as they love that older game.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 10:02 PM
You right !!!

Remember ATARI ????.....lol.!!!

I feel so OLD ! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Brazil Salutt !!

Buzz_25th
11-08-2003, 10:57 PM
I use XP and GPL runs fine on it.

25th_Buzz
<center>