PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think?

medcsu11
07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Anyone else think that the templar from the Revelation trailer bares a (very) striking resemblance to Robert de Sable?
Could be a pretty interesting plot twist for several reasons:
1) He is trying to complete what his ancenstor may have been (the seals) searching for 400 years prior,
AND/OR
2) He faces off against a direct relative that killed his direct relative.
There is a likeness, that is certain.

dchil279
07-27-2011, 07:45 AM
But Ezio and Altair aren't related.

medcsu11
07-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
But Ezio and Altair aren't related.

That is up for debate by many and has been speculated on time and time again. While I tend to agree, we simply cannot know if it is 100 percent factual or not with such a wide gap of missing timeline.
Regardless, my point still stands. He does share a similarity (the templar that is).

twenty_glyphs
07-27-2011, 08:40 AM
It's not up for debate when the lead writer of Revelations says they're not related:

http://kotaku.com/5823431/what...-was-partially-wrong (http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong)

At 57:20 of the Comic-Con panel a question about Ezio and Alta´r being related is asked and answered: http://comic-con.gamespot.com/...eation-of-a-universe (http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6325033/comic-con-2011-panel-assassins-creed-the-creation-of-a-universe)

In the same Comic-Con panel video above, the writer says that the trailer is actually a scene from the beginning of the game. If that's the case (and it's not actually a scene from the end of the game that shows where the story will wind up), I think the bald Templar is about to die. One of the previews of the game I read described the opening scene in Masyaf and mentioned seeing Ezio tumble over a cliff with a rope around his neck and how he survives. The head Templar of the game is also supposed to be a mystery that Ezio is trying to solve, and a magazine article described him as just "the bodyguard". If he doesn't know who the head Templar is, I doubt it will be this bald guy because if the trailer scene is from the beginning of the game, he will have already seen him.

medcsu11
07-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
It's not up for debate when the lead writer of Revelations says they're not related:

http://kotaku.com/5823431/what...-was-partially-wrong (http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong)

At 57:20 of the Comic-Con panel a question about Ezio and Alta´r being related is asked and answered: http://comic-con.gamespot.com/...eation-of-a-universe (http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6325033/comic-con-2011-panel-assassins-creed-the-creation-of-a-universe)

In the same Comic-Con panel video above, the writer says that the trailer is actually a scene from the beginning of the game. If that's the case (and it's not actually a scene from the end of the game that shows where the story will wind up), I think the bald Templar is about to die. One of the previews of the game I read described the opening scene in Masyaf and mentioned seeing Ezio tumble over a cliff with a rope around his neck and how he survives. The head Templar of the game is also supposed to be a mystery that Ezio is trying to solve, and a magazine article described him as just "the bodyguard". If he doesn't know who the head Templar is, I doubt it will be this bald guy because if the trailer scene is from the beginning of the game, he will have already seen him.

It would make sense that the game opens in Masyaf. I wasnt aware they stated Ezio and Altair werent directly related.
Mystery Templar...I actually like that idea.

blazefp
07-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Well, the guy in the trailer certainly seems to be an English guy And Robert de Sable was Eglish. However that's the further we can speculate. I don't know if Robert actually left some kid or not

Animuses
07-27-2011, 09:39 AM
The Templar in the trailer bares no resemblance to Robert besides the fact that he's bald.

And Robert is French.

CRUDFACE
07-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
The Templar in the trailer bares no resemblance to Robert besides the fact that he's bald.

And Robert is French.

Yeah, he has a longer face, cracked teeth, a scar on his lip (nastier than ezio's) and he's built to be heavier to. TBH, he looks like the strong/stupid guy who dies early to make a point or a henchmen.

twenty_glyphs
07-27-2011, 10:19 AM
It appears I was wrong about the magazine article saying the bald guy dies. Here's the quote from GamesTM #110:

Ezio Auditore da Firenze stands before a magnificent precipice, his cloak billowing in the swirling breeze. The master assassin pales into insignificance amongst the grandness of the folding mountain climbs and the hulking stone fortress that stands, ominously, constructed into the side of the cliff face. The sun beats on the mountainside, while bleach-white birds flock over the stunning snow-capped landscape.

An armoured Templar guard approaches Ezio from behind, silently and swiftly placing a noose around his neck. Ezio stands rooted to the spot, seemingly resigned to his fate, before deftly grasping the loose end of the rope and throwing it around the stationary foe, pulling him to the floor and falling from the edge himself. His usual swagger and finesse disappears for an instant as he plunges into the abyss below. The rope tightens, sending a sharp crack of pain through the assassin's spine. He forces his hands under its stranglehold, but suddenly the rope breaks, and Ezio smacks into the down the crumbling rock face, sliding downwards while avoiding the falling debris of boulders and wooden barrels. Regaining composure in typical fashion, he throws out an arm and grabs a protruding rock formation mere moments before falling into the cavernous depths below, before dropping onto an adjoining rope bridge. Swinging wildly in the whipping wind, the bridge's ropes thrash, twist and turn under the assassin's weight, creaking and splintering before, finally, snapping altogether, leaving Ezio hanging in the balance...

I thought it mentioned that the guy who put the noose around Ezio's neck fell with him, but it only says he falls to the floor. So it's possible and likely that the bald guy is the mystery Templar in Constantinople that Ezio has to uncover. Here's what the magazine says about that:

Amancio was hesitant to divulge any of the secrets of Revelations' plot, with a particular character model (whom we are told is "Ezio's equivalent in terms of physical abiity") greyed out in Montreal's presentation, so as to not ruin the surprise. What we do know about this particular character, likely to be the antagonist of Revelations, is that he/she is a bodyguard to Manuel Palillo, a rich merchant within Constantinople and heir to the Byzantine Empire. Referred to simply as 'The Bodyguard' in the presentation, it's likely that this shadowy figure stands as an obstacle to Ezio overthrowing Byzantine rule once and for all, bringing his storyline to a close and concluding the trilogy.

medcsu11
07-27-2011, 11:55 AM
He certainly looks like a "bodyguard" type to me, good find.

Of course Yusuf could inevitably fit that bill as well.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 12:23 PM

To quoute from the cited story:

So... Altair comes from one side of Desmond's family and Ezio the other, I guess. I don't know if this is a big deal, but I was shocked.

Yeah, um,... two halfs of the same family. But they're not related.... <SARCASM> Similarly, I'm not related to my cousins either...</SARCASM>

Originally posted by medcsu11:
Anyone else think that the templar from the Revelation trailer bares a (very) striking resemblance to Robert de Sable?
Could be a pretty interesting plot twist for several reasons:
1) He is trying to complete what his ancenstor may have been (the seals) searching for 400 years prior,
AND/OR
2) He faces off against a direct relative that killed his direct relative.
There is a likeness, that is certain.

I agree. I even thought about this myself,... Glad I'm not the only one.

twenty_glyphs
07-27-2011, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Yeah, um,... two halfs of the same family. But they're not related.... <SARCASM> Similarly, I'm not related to my cousins either...</SARCASM>

Two halves of the same family as in two different sides, such as one could be an ancestor on Desmond's father's side and one on his mother's side. You are related to your cousins, but Ezio and Alta´r aren't cousins. Are your father and mother's father related? You could say by marriage, sure. But they're not genetically related to each other (hopefully). They are both related to you though -- they're both your ancestors. This is how Ezio and Alta´r are in relation to Desmond, just spread out over more generations. Before last week most people assumed that Alta´r was Ezio's ancestor, such as a great-great-great-great grandfather. The writer of Revelations has now clarified that is not the case. They are both Desmond's ancestor, but if you put Ezio in an Animus he couldn't relive Alta´r's memories.

RzaRecta357
07-27-2011, 12:42 PM
So....wait...

Does that mean that Desmond is probably a freak incest baby the assassins KNEW how to make and created on purpose for the sole purpose of this game!? Haha.

If I'm understanding correctly... Altair and Maria (Whom must be Ezios ancestor..making Ezios line formerly templar.) had kids....then those kids drifted out...

400 years later the kids would come together and have Desmond without the knowledge of it?

But they are assassins with an animus and old world knowledge..so perhaps it was on purpose?

Anyone get what I'm saying? Or am I just crazy and wrong?

Poodle_of_Doom
07-27-2011, 01:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Two halves of the same family as in two different sides, such as one could be an ancestor on Desmond's father's side and one on his mother's side. You are related to your cousins, but Ezio and Alta´r aren't cousins. Are your father and mother's father related? You could say by marriage, sure. But they're not genetically related to each other (hopefully). They are both related to you though -- they're both your ancestors. This is how Ezio and Alta´r are in relation to Desmond, just spread out over more generations. Before last week most people assumed that Alta´r was Ezio's ancestor, such as a great-great-great-great grandfather. The writer of Revelations has now clarified that is not the case. They are both Desmond's ancestor, but if you put Ezio in an Animus he couldn't relive Alta´r's memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point was that the bloodlines ran further back. Yes, they're members or two distinct branches, but part of the same tree, and therefore, technically related.

LightRey
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Two halves of the same family as in two different sides, such as one could be an ancestor on Desmond's father's side and one on his mother's side. You are related to your cousins, but Ezio and Alta´r aren't cousins. Are your father and mother's father related? You could say by marriage, sure. But they're not genetically related to each other (hopefully). They are both related to you though -- they're both your ancestors. This is how Ezio and Alta´r are in relation to Desmond, just spread out over more generations. Before last week most people assumed that Alta´r was Ezio's ancestor, such as a great-great-great-great grandfather. The writer of Revelations has now clarified that is not the case. They are both Desmond's ancestor, but if you put Ezio in an Animus he couldn't relive Alta´r's memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point was that the bloodlines ran further back. Yes, they're members or two distinct branches, but part of the same tree, and therefore, technically related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not genetically, which is what this is all about.

Serrachio
07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
By this, we can also assume that Subject 16 is closer to Desmond than what we knew before, as he would also need to have Altair on one side of his family and Ezio the other.

LightRey
07-27-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
By this, we can also assume that Subject 16 is closer to Desmond than what we knew before, as he would also need to have Altair on one side of his family and Ezio the other.
No he doesn't. I don't think it has ever been stated 16 was related to Alta´r.

Serrachio
07-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah. Sorry, I made a mis-judgement.

I mistook the fact that they were looking into Ezio's memories as Subject 16 as something to connect Ezio and Altair, and that they maybe had looked into Altair for S16.

medcsu11
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but EVEN though Ezio would come from one side, and Altair coming from another they would STILL need to share some common denominator in the past because:
1) They have the inherent special blood that allows them to react to the pieces of eden (causes immunity in some sense?).
2) The original relative(s) would be Adam and Eve which created the entire blood line (like I said, correct me if I am wrong, but this is how I understand it). So in essence, they would almost have to be related (Ezio/Altair) in some sense?

I totally understand that there may not be relation based on two seperate branches, HOWEVER, I am confused on how they are not directly related, YET, still have the same powers over the pieces as is semi explored on their manipulation of not being effected by the pieces.

flyingeaglemile
07-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Ok so I think I got this, Ezio and Altair are not at all related but sometime between after Ezio to Desmond a descendent of Ezio and a descendent of Altair meet up and have kids and that`s how Desmond is related to both of them but they are not related to eachother. The only thing though is the eagle vision stuff but I think with that it might be that all human race has the potential to have eagle vision but only Altair, Ezio and Desmond (as far as we know) are able to use to use it for whatever reason because as we can assume not everyone in Ezio`s family had eagle vision only him so I don`t think it`s necessary a family trait but something else.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by medcsu11:
Correct me if I am wrong, but EVEN though Ezio would come from one side, and Altair coming from another they would STILL need to share some common denominator in the past because:
1) They have the inherent special blood that allows them to react to the pieces of eden (causes immunity in some sense?).
2) The original relative(s) would be Adam and Eve which created the entire blood line (like I said, correct me if I am wrong, but this is how I understand it). So in essence, they would almost have to be related (Ezio/Altair) in some sense?

I totally understand that there may not be relation based on two seperate branches, HOWEVER, I am confused on how they are not directly related, YET, still have the same powers over the pieces as is semi explored on their manipulation of not being effected by the pieces.
Well, after a few generations most people just say "not related". Else all humans, no, all animals are related to each other.

Geinref
07-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Question regarding this. If Ezio and Altair are NOT related then why do they look alike, also why do they have the scar?

I know it's too early to speculate but i'm curious what ubisoft will do to fill in that.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by FernieG:
Question regarding this. If Ezio and Altair are NOT related then why do they look alike, also why do they have the scar?

I know it's too early to speculate but i'm curious what ubisoft will do to fill in that.
Nobody knows. We just know they're not related. And scars aren't genetic.

Geinref
07-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FernieG:

Nobody knows. We just know they're not related. And scars aren't genetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blah! i hope it ends up making sense. Either way thx for replying.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by FernieG:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FernieG:

Nobody knows. We just know they're not related. And scars aren't genetic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

blah! i hope it ends up making sense. Either way thx for replying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is one theory that kinda makes sense. That is that the inherited genetics of TWCB (Eagle Vision and such) are (slightly) different in Ezio than in Alta´r (might have something to do with Eagle Sense). So Desmond would Inherit both these "versions". This might have something to do with reawakening the sixth sense.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 01:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

blah! i hope it ends up making sense. Either way thx for replying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is one theory that kinda makes sense. That is that the inherited genetics of TWCB (Eagle Vision and such) are (slightly) different in Ezio than in Alta´r (might have something to do with Eagle Sense). So Desmond would Inherit both these "versions". This might have something to do with reawakening the sixth sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought at some point it was revealed that Desmond see's himself in their shoes, as it's easier for him to get involved in their lives that way?

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:01 PM
I thought at some point it was revealed that Desmond see's himself in their shoes, as it's easier for him to get involved in their lives that way?
I don't think that's ever been confirmed.

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 02:12 PM
I don't think that's ever been confirmed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... I wasn't sure if I heard it on the forums somewhere, or read it in an article....

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't think that's ever been confirmed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... I wasn't sure if I heard it on the forums somewhere, or read it in an article.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's quite possible, but I like to think there's more to it than that.

xCr0wnedNorris
07-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
So....wait...

Does that mean that Desmond is probably a freak incest baby the assassins KNEW how to make and created on purpose for the sole purpose of this game!? Haha.

If I'm understanding correctly... Altair and Maria (Whom must be Ezios ancestor..making Ezios line formerly templar.) had kids....then those kids drifted out...

400 years later the kids would come together and have Desmond without the knowledge of it?

But they are assassins with an animus and old world knowledge..so perhaps it was on purpose?

Anyone get what I'm saying? Or am I just crazy and wrong?
Crazy? Perhaps, we're all a little insane if you think about it. Wrong? Definitely. It's already been explained in the thread multiple times that Alta´r and Ezio are not directly related, they both are just related to Desmond. For example, Alta´r has a son, his son has a son, his son has a son, his son has a son and so on and so forth. Ezio has a daughter, and her daughter has a daughter, and her daughter has a daughter, and so on and so forth. Eventually Alta´rs great-great-great-great-great-great grandson meets Ezios great-great-great-great granddaughter. They bump uglies and Da da da da~! you have Desmond. That doesn't even have to be the situation. For all we know the person who Ezio continues his lineage with could be a descendant of Alta´r.

TheLeoCrow
07-28-2011, 02:50 PM
They are just reusing (modified) character skins. Vieri di Pazzi and Cezare Borgia look and sound alike. Ezios older brother and Christina's husband as well. Why not reuse Robert's skin? Saves time and helps make other stuff in the little time they have between games

LightRey
07-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
They are just reusing (modified) character skins. Vieri di Pazzi and Cezare Borgia look and sound alike. Ezios older brother and Christina's husband as well. Why not reuse Robert's skin? Saves time and helps make other stuff in the little time they have between games
I very strongly disagree with this.

CRUDFACE
07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
While it hasn't been confirmed, the thing about Desmond looking like them to better step into their shoes makes the most sense. The scar thing is just something to say, that's a weird coincidence and for new fans to enjoy. I heard this like back when AC2 was coming out and it makes more since than another coincidence. Because if you passed down your EXACT looks from your ancestors and those who came before, look at your mom...dad...Adam and Eve...

What? How could you...lol, I don't think so. And the only thing they have in common is being shaved, and even then the guy in Revelations has hair while Robert was bald with a scar on his scalp.

blazefp
07-28-2011, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
I very strongly disagree with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I agree. It can also help to make us to identify more instinctively the role of the characters in the story. I mean like wether they are the bad guys or the good ones.
You know what I mean?

Poodle_of_Doom
07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
I very strongly disagree with this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I agree. It can also help to make us to identify more instinctively the role of the characters in the story. I mean like wether they are the bad guys or the good ones.
You know what I mean? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that they would to. However I think that they'd also build on the code to help make it fresh, and new.

LightRey
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
I still disagree. I know they reuse skins for less important individuals, but I'm quite sure they didn't use the same skin for Vieri and Cesare and I really don't think that's the reason for using it for all three main characters of the series.

blazefp
07-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Well, either way I guess we can only be sure of it if they tell us, right? xD

So Shade,Blackwindow, don't you wanna share anything with us? xD

CRUDFACE
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
I still disagree. I know they reuse skins for less important individuals, but I'm quite sure they didn't use the same skin for Vieri and Cesare and I really don't think that's the reason for using it for all three main characters of the series.

Yeah, Cesare has a more angular face and sharper nose, doesn't look like him or his father. Actually, Cesare looks a little bit like Yusuf Tazim from ACR to me with a bigger beard.

Animuses
07-28-2011, 07:16 PM

You're thinking of Francesco, not Vieri. Francesco and Cesare have the same voice actor.

Edit: I had a Brain Blast. Right when Ezio met up with Francesco on the Palazzo della Signora Francesco was screaming, "GUARDS!". And what does Cesare love to call... THE GUARDS! The voice actor must love saying, GUARDS!

TheLeoCrow
07-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Before anyone claims that my phrasing suggests that i pretend to speak for ubisoft again, i have to clearly say that what i said is nothing more than an opinion and that i don't know anyone who has ever worked for ubisoft. And since it's an opinion, everyone is entitled to agree or disagree, i could be wrong after all.

Originally posted by Animuses:
You're thinking of Francesco, not Vieri. Francesco and Cesare have the same voice actor.[...]

Maybe you are right, I am terrible with names.