PDA

View Full Version : What's been ruined for you before? *Spoilers for AC1, 2, B*

GsosolidNavy
10-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Everyone on any game forum knows that after a certain date, spoilers start to spread through the website, sometimes with no warning (spoiler tags) ruining one of the major plot lines for us. Yeah, sometimes they do have the tags, but temptation gets the better of us!

But what's been ruined for you in the past? (AC only).

AC1:
Lucy turning out to be an ally in AC1 was spoilt! Wounder.
Al-Mualim not being all he seems.
S16's blood markings (but they didn't make sense to me at the time, regardless)

AC2:
Can't remember any significant ones, but I'm sure there were some!

ACB:
Lucy being stabbed!

I'm sure there were more but I can't remember. But as you can see I've had bad luck with Lucy!

johnnyhayek
10-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Mine are the same as yours. But I'll add a bit:

AC1: The game being set in the modern day

AC2: Being able to play as Altair in a small section

ACB: Playing in Monterrigioni in the present day

DarthEzio55
10-09-2011, 08:39 AM
well nothing was spoiled for me, so i'm hoping to keep it that way.

Abeonis
10-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Here's mine;

AC1: Everything
AC2: Everything
ACB: Everything

Oh, the glories of running the Assassin's Creed Wiki.

Animuses
10-09-2011, 08:48 AM
AC: Everything, since I watched it before I played it.
AC2: The first two sequences since I watched a walkthrough. I was planning on getting it for Christmas, but I couldn't wait.
ACB: Rodrigo's death and Cesare's death. I knew Cesare was going to kill Rodrigo and I knew Ezio would kill Cesare in 1507 Viana, Spain.
ACR: Ezio's wonderful minstrel disguise.

MT4K
10-09-2011, 08:54 AM
@Animuses

You shouldn't mention stuff from ACR because you may inadvertently spoil it for somebody else who hasn't seen it yet.

Also the thread doesn't ask about ACR (Probably for similar reason).

Just a friendly warning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

SixKeys
10-09-2011, 08:55 AM
The only thing I had spoiled for me was something bad happening to Lucy at the end of ACB. As much as I tried to avoid spoilers, I kept running into them in the most random places and judging by the way most people were talking about it, I could guess she was either dead or severely wounded.

Oh yeah, before I played AC2 I had also heard something about a punchout with the Pope.

Also a few things about Revelations, but that's my own fault for perusing some threads here that I perhaps shouldn't have (like the ones about "The Secret Crusade").

LightRey
10-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Nothing as far as I can remember. Nothing important at least.

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 09:06 AM
Shortly after ACB's release somebody titled their thread around Lucy being stabbed, I just wish people wouldn't involve any names in titles then it wouldn't have been so bad.

GsosolidNavy
10-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by johnnyhayek:

AC1: The game being set in the modern day

AC2: Being able to play as Altair in a small section

ACB: Playing in Monterrigioni in the present day

I actually had all those 3 ruined for me too! Especially the modern day one. It would have been a nice surprise playing the game and finding that one out. Oh well.

Mr_Shade
10-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Everything...

Comes with the job I suppose http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

A reminder to all - PLEASE - Report any and ALL threads you suspect of being spoilers!

I personally don't mind if you report threads you suspect of being hidden spoiler types either - however that does not mean you can swamp the team - use your head please..

IF anyone post's spoilers without the words [SPOILER] in the thread title - they may face a suspension and / or warning - depending on your account history....

Posting a thread title with the spoiler information in - will get the thread deleted and your account suspended - for life.

Posting a thread to lure people in, then posting spoilers - will get the thread deleted and your account banned - for life.

dxsxhxcx
10-09-2011, 09:13 AM
Lucy being stabbed, thanks to the 5/6 months delay for the release of the PC version and Ubisoft's failure in giving us (PC players) an exact date for the release... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ace3001
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
AC1: Everything. The first AC game I got my hands on was Bloodlines, and back then I didn't own a device capable of running any main AC games, so I read up on AC and then played Bloodlines.
AC2: The fact that Ezio would be meeting the Roman goddess Minerva, though the whole TWCB aspect I was unaware of, so it was pleasant enough.
ACB: The fact that Lucy dies. Some bastard came and posted "Lucy dies in the game!". :@ Anyway, once again, I wasn't fully spoiled because I didn't know that it would be Desmond stabbing her.
ACR: No major points yet, unless Altair sequences and parts of Secret Crusade overlap. Anyhow, I hope to avoid any spoilers for the modern day story at least.

GsosolidNavy
10-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I think this "LUCY DIES" thread ruined it for a lot of people (me included)!

And what is this "the secret crusade" thread? I'm not sure if I've read it or not. I'm worried I might have.

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by GsosolidNavy:
I think this "LUCY DIES" thread ruined it for a lot of people (me included)!

And what is this "the secret crusade" thread? I'm not sure if I've read it or not. I'm worried I might have.

It's just the last AC novel that came out, it's basically just Altairs life which wouldn't have any major spoilers for ACR in it really.

SleezeRocker
10-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Let's see back in time...

AC1-Nothing was spoiled to me since I had no PS3 (only Wii), but all I knew was that altair was the main character and I knew Assassin's Creed was going to be my type of game when I get a PS3

AC2-Um...Maybe Leo's flying Machine..that's' about it for me

ACB- The entire Assassin Order (players devoted to AC) knew like a day or 2 before game release that Lucy was shanked by Desmond..I was like "Beep Beep Beeeep! WT...*BOOM*!

ProletariatPleb
10-09-2011, 10:57 AM
AC:B - Whole game, LOL...I saw the whole game on Youtube(bcuz PC ver was delayed, and I play on the PC)

naran6142
10-09-2011, 12:27 PM
i played AC1 after AC2 and ACB, so al mualim being a traitor was spoiled for me

but nothing for the other 2 as i wasn't on the forums till after i beat ACB. And im glad about that, cuz that "lucy dies" thread probably would have got me too

Black_Widow9
10-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Everything...
Comes with the job I suppose http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

This http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Toxotes47
10-09-2011, 02:13 PM
AC 1: Nothing, I actually started playing it after I had reached the safehouse in AC2 and Desmond mentioned Altair. I knew something was wrong. You see I couldn't got my hands on a copy of AC1 and my cousin had said that these two games weren't related that much, gave him a mouthful after that. So I stopped right there, purchased AC1 and played it.

AC 2: I had initially watched a couple of walkthroughs and the one where Vieri dies.

ACB : oh my, I was watching its E3 trailer out of boredom (the PC version wasn't out yet) and I had the misfortune of scrolling down the page and reading the comments and the first of them was *SPOILER* <span class="ev_code_WHITE">"OMG what the f***, Desmond stabs lucy after touching the apple, what the hell was all that about"</span>*SPOILER*

OGCFB
10-09-2011, 02:19 PM
ACB ending someone posted it in the comments of a trailer for ACB who the hell posts the ending to something your watching the trailer to.

ShaneO7K
10-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by OACFB:
ACB ending someone posted it in the comments of a trailer for ACB who the hell posts the ending to something your watching the trailer to.

Yeah trailers are something you stay clear of the week before release and until you have completed the game, as soon as people see something important they seem to post anywhere and everywhere on youtube videos which relate to it.

Altair661
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Well considering I hadnt really joined the forums until after I beat ACB, I tend to play through the games all day on my first play-through just trying to beat it. So I barely leave myself time to look online at anything...because I have the game! And I usually go dark that week until I beat the game. However I didnt get an xbox until a year after AC1 came out and so I ended up watching the entire beginning up until you get your hidden blade and stuff back. And then something happened and I for somereason I couldnt play my AC1 even though I was on the last Assassination, so then I was youtube and the temptation got the best of me and I saw the Altair ending. However after beating it, I never knew about the Desmond ending...until I beat it.

After that experince, I'm always very wary about spoilers. Including never looking at achievement lists again (were looking at you AC2) after I got to the safehouse, I remembered the one achievement and knew I'd eventually have to escape somehow. Bummer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

GsosolidNavy
10-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Who DIDN'T know Lucy got stabbed before they got to that stage in the game?!

And yeah, had a few minor details ruined by youtube myself.

LightRey
10-09-2011, 03:52 PM

I didn't. Yeah, that's right. I was actually able to avoid that major spoiler. I did however know something was going to happen regarding Lucy.

LxLAS3RzZz
10-09-2011, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> quote:

I didn't. Yeah, that's right. I was actually able to avoid that major spoiler. I did however know something was going to happen regarding Lucy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This ^

About a fornight or a mere week before the release of AC Games, I stay away from everything AC related -especially- the forums. Unless it's a video posted by assassinscreedUK then of course I watch the video, but do not read the comments (Sorta common sense, in my opinion).

Nothing was spoiled for AC, AC2 or AC:B for me because of this. Although I do suppose the -only- spoiler I've ever had about Assassin's Creed is the Truth trailer. Though that was because I didn't want to work through it all only to have the end result being something I could've just had popped up (Though I did eventually do all the glyphs and I'm glad because of what the glyphs include which messages from 16 etc).

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Animuses
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM

I didn't.

GsosolidNavy
10-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Lucky people.

Anyone get past the modern setting spoilers?

LightRey
10-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Lucky people.

Anyone get past the modern setting spoilers?
I bought the game under similar circumstances I did Halo. I had only a vague idea what the game was about and that it was popular, so yes, I got past those spoilers too.

XxKillaChaosxX
10-10-2011, 01:24 AM
The only thing I can think of is one of the books spoiling the Cristina missions before ACB was even out. Might have to add to that list if any of the stuff in the ending of the Secret Crusades book shows up when playing Altair.

On a side note, I too was able to avoid the Lucy spoiler. Man would that have ticked me off if I knew about that. I'm officially going dark on Nov 1st because that's when Uncharted 3 comes out. That's all I'll be playing till ACR.

ace3001
10-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GsosolidNavy:

I didn't. Yeah, that's right. I was actually able to avoid that major spoiler. I did however know something was going to happen regarding Lucy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Little similar thing here. I knew that she would die (damn that bastard who posted LUCY DIES!), but had no idea that Desmond would be stabbing her.