PDA

View Full Version : Hist.-Scenery + Crew management!!!!!

KarlSteiner
03-31-2005, 04:27 AM

naturalhigh1985
03-31-2005, 05:08 AM
I agree with this... esp the resting when nothing to do.
Its annoying that they get tired in the torpedo room doing nothing LOL

Tomus
03-31-2005, 07:46 AM
A quick point on crew rest, if you take all the allowed crew then its very hard to manage. Try and cut down the numbers of crew you take to around 40-43 then it makes life so much easier. In terms of them doing nothing this is a tad incorrect as they would still be "on station" regardless of whether anything is going on. And yes the guys could rest but they are still not bunked/on free time.

Take 42 crewmen and then you need never worry. This is a more historically accurate figure.

PeterLutzinger
04-02-2005, 03:32 AM
Hi Tomus,

thanks for your reply.
Do you know how many polls there are on this Forum:
5600 single Messages of subsim fans at the moment.

So I fear that nothing absolute nothing will be noticed by the developpers.

Best regards

Dominicrigg
04-02-2005, 03:44 AM
I vote for carolus stiener!!

By the way, i thought that the crew resting and the crew firing for the front torpedo room were the same place. They rested with the torpedoes.

So isnt this resting on station moddeled in the game. If you want them working in the fore torp room you have them in the torp room, if you want them resting in the fore torp room you have them resting in the rest version? Or am i confused...

Though i do agree a rest under the water option would be cool. Where you can dive to 80 metres and let the whole crew sleep. But for me tiredness doesnt bother me that much, they all still work well even with exclamations. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

msxyz
04-02-2005, 04:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dominicrigg:
By the way, i thought that the crew resting and the crew firing for the front torpedo room were the same place. They rested with the torpedoes.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Indeed only petty officer and graduates had their bunk, the rest of the crew slept in the torpedo room(s). But I'm a democratic capitain and I let tired sailors sleep in my bed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cragger
04-02-2005, 04:34 AM
They still do to this day on our Los Angeles class. I think only the newer Virginia class has enough bunk space for the crew and even then you share it with three other crewmemebers (hotbunking).