PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about GW mod

Fenrizzulv
07-06-2006, 05:49 AM
First off i need too now how to keep the water the same when i run GW with SH3-commander.
wich water trancperacy level have GW mod used?
I cant get it right it seems

And why do i need 3-torpedos to sink a small merchant?!
I even fired a magnetic 1 m under the hull, direct hit and he went on sailing as if nothing happend?
I like it being much harder sinking big ships, but this is not realistic.

I appreciate any help or tips than you.

Fenrizzulv
07-06-2006, 05:49 AM
First off i need too now how to keep the water the same when i run GW with SH3-commander.

I even fired a magnetic 1 m under the hull, direct hit and he went on sailing as if nothing happend?

I appreciate any help or tips than you.

Kingcobra24
07-06-2006, 06:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fenrizzulv:

I appreciate any help or tips than you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to remember that most of these mods are based on what the developer thinks they should be to be "realistic". That doesn't mean that 100% of those downloading these mods will agree fully with what the developer attempted to do. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Fenrizzulv
07-06-2006, 06:08 AM
And how does that answer my question of how to change it? Maybe i was unclear, i didnt mean too complain just wanted some tips. on how to fix it the way i want, everything else is superb

Most important of was anyhow how to get the same water when running SH3-commander?

Fenrizzulv
07-06-2006, 06:20 PM
please someone? Or point me to someone who knows.

bunkerratt
07-06-2006, 06:30 PM
you can edit the hit points for the ships in the zons config file http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif..and change the water setting to 20 in sh3 commander

Kaleun1961
07-06-2006, 06:36 PM
I downloaded GW but haven't installed it yet. I am a veteran user of the SH3 Commander mod, however. With that mod you can adjust the water density between 1-20 as you please. I am hoping that this feature of SH3 Commander will still work with Grey Wolves as I plan to run both of them together.

As for sinking ships, that will be something that you will have to learn with experience. It would take a whole several pages of typing to try to explain sinking of particular ships. The quickest advice I can give you, assuming you are using auto targeting is to aim for the vulnerable spots on the target, which is usually the engine room/fuel bunker areas. Because Grey Wolves is using the damage model from the NYGM Tonnage War mod it can be tougher to sink ships. Part of it is waiting long enough for the ship to sink, as you no longer have instant destruction events as often as before. If you can, use your deck gun on ships that have already been torpedoed, aiming below the water line to flood them. Sorry I don't have enough time to write a more detailed article just now.

Fenrizzulv
07-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Actually i am not that much of a rookie i played RUB alot, i just couldnt get the settings right in SH3 commander, btw it seems to work fine with grey wolves.

About ship sinking i hear you. It is better now. But hitting a small merchant with magnetic detonation under the hull where fuel is
should rip that ship to pieces, or cripple it severly. Not just sail on, thats just my opinion. As a matter of fact i did not know though that using deck gun on the same weak spot was actually effective, i just took for granted that it wasnt included.

And no i dont use automatic aiming, i didnt now it existed. I fire my torpedos using only my own eye and instinct. mesuring the speed of the vessle manually with help of periscope positioning. And i rarly miss my targets. Altough i very seldom hit the exact spot i aimed for (ammo storage, or fuel)

Thanks for guiding on the water issue, if anyone have a link with more extensive information about this "NYGM tonnage damage sytem" i would be thankfull