PDA

View Full Version : Issues transferring FB+AEP+PF+46 to my other computer

Drive571
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Just another technical question, probably inane, to irritate you all with :-)

I recently purchased the download version of the 1946/SoM/Pe-2 add-on from the UBI website, and having weathered the initial Boonty install issues, am loving it.

Here's the problem: I want to get it on my laptop, but Boonty has struck again. I transferred the folders to my laptop's hard drive via flash drive, and installed Boonty, but when I start the game, I get the "registration key" screen--with a bunch of broken jpegs and no functional text boxes to enter the key in.

Anyone else having this problem? Transferring the Boonty files wholesale from my other computer hasn't helped.

I would simply re-download the whole thing from UBI, but "my account" seems to have forgotten that I bought the game. It doesn't show up in my purchase history.

Anyway, any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks!

Drive571
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
Just another technical question, probably inane, to irritate you all with :-)

I recently purchased the download version of the 1946/SoM/Pe-2 add-on from the UBI website, and having weathered the initial Boonty install issues, am loving it.

Here's the problem: I want to get it on my laptop, but Boonty has struck again. I transferred the folders to my laptop's hard drive via flash drive, and installed Boonty, but when I start the game, I get the "registration key" screen--with a bunch of broken jpegs and no functional text boxes to enter the key in.

Anyone else having this problem? Transferring the Boonty files wholesale from my other computer hasn't helped.

I would simply re-download the whole thing from UBI, but "my account" seems to have forgotten that I bought the game. It doesn't show up in my purchase history.

Anyway, any ideas are much appreciated. Thanks!

WWMaxGunz
02-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Ouch. You will have to try to deal with UBI and by my experience it won't be fun or good.
But you can hope that things will be different and they have someone in customer service
that actually gives a rat's tail about an individual customer. I never did.
In all the times I've ever needed to deal with UBI customer service, I've never gotten
anything like satisfaction. Before IL2 came out I had sworn off buying another UBI product
but just the IL2 demo got me to make ONE EXCEPTION. If they even reply to questions let
alone a complaint then something has changed over there. Once they have the money, why do
they need to bother with you?

Look at it from their POV, you got the addon for one PC, not two. You might say that you
will or have removed it from your first PC but that is only your word and you may be a
pirating software thief that would always say that. See the difficult position that YOU
have put THEM in? Well hey, I am trying to see it from their POV but my command of French
language deteriorated long ago so maybe what really matters is the gender of the PC instead.

I know I'm not the only one that wishes that Oleg had a better choice for western publisher.

But try anyway and Good Luck!

WB_Outlaw
02-28-2007, 10:53 AM
The problem is that the Boonty application and service were never installed on the target machine. Simply copying the files does not cut it. You might try actually installing the Boonty application on the target machine but I wouldn't count on it working.

I was able to accomplish what you're trying to do with the Pe-2 add on WITHOUT installing Boonty on the target machine by using the game executable (il2fb.exe) from the previous version. If you still have the old version try using that.

--Outlaw.

Drive571
02-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the input. Much obliged!