PDA

View Full Version : NEW NOWGAMER ACR INTERVIEW

Dagio12
06-27-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.nowgamer.com/featur...ns-ubisoft-interview (http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1434/assassins-creed-revelations-ubisoft-interview)

not sure if its been posted.. just found it. ENJOY

kriegerdesgottes
06-27-2011, 11:29 PM
This is a pretty good interview. Thanks

Dagio12
06-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
This is a pretty good interview. Thanks

Ur welcome http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i thought it was a pretty good one as well. I liked how he addressed the issue the core element of the game being the freedom of choice and how some of those more cinematic missions work around that for pacing...etc...

AntiChrist7
06-28-2011, 01:08 AM
nice find

Jakob4242
06-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Excellent Interview, although I wish a few questions had gone more in-depth. That said, this makes me want to work with Ubisoft.

an-assassin
06-28-2011, 05:03 AM
They Said revelations was being made at the same as ac2 acb

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 06:06 AM
Who said cinematic scenes and superb missions like the one in the port are good for Ac? i don't want more games like cod and bf -.-''

ace3001
06-28-2011, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Who said cinematic scenes and superb missions like the one in the port are good for Ac? i don't want more games like cod and bf -.-'' Dude, why do you complain so much? I'm beginning to think that this is not the game for you. First of all, I'd like to know how AC's at least close to being similar to CoD and BF.
Second, the mission like they show in the demo is actually pretty good. Just keep in mind that the whole game isn't like that. A few missions like that when thrown in among the normal ones, keeps the game fresh, without turning it into something like AC1. AC1 had a great story, great main assassinations, and great combat (yet repetitive by the end when you keep countering and countering and killing a never ending stream of guards while yawning). But the main chunk of the game, ie the investigations, were a big repetitive mess. These kind of missions make sure that doesn't happen.

cless711
06-28-2011, 06:34 AM
"We have faith that we have done this, and that fans old and new will be thoroughly satisfied (and a tad misty-eyed) with the conclusion we have planned for our beloved Assassins."

Oh no D= whats going to happen to them..

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Who said cinematic scenes and superb missions like the one in the port are good for Ac? i don't want more games like cod and bf -.-'' Dude, why do you complain so much? I'm beginning to think that this is not the game for you. First of all, I'd like to know how AC's at least close to being similar to CoD and BF.
Second, the mission like they show in the demo is actually pretty good. Just keep in mind that the whole game isn't like that. A few missions like that when thrown in among the normal ones, keeps the game fresh, without turning it into something like AC1. AC1 had a great story, great main assassinations, and great combat (yet repetitive by the end when you keep countering and countering and killing a never ending stream of guards while yawning). But the main chunk of the game, ie the investigations, were a big repetitive mess. These kind of missions make sure that doesn't happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ac1 was a game for me... I prefer repetitie investigations rather than "superb missions"...

Have u seen the amount of explosions that mission had? it remembered me the mission of washington DC at cod:mw2 LOL.

eagleforlife1
06-28-2011, 07:42 AM
It's good that you're in a minority of one then. It's a game, stop moaning about it 24/7 and try to enjoy life a little.

iN3krO
06-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
It's good that you're in a minority of one then. It's a game, stop moaning about it 24/7 and try to enjoy life a little.

Maybe i enjoy it more than you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
You don't even have an own personality :S

Dagio12
06-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Who said cinematic scenes and superb missions like the one in the port are good for Ac? i don't want more games like cod and bf -.-''

I actually thought the interview was a little reassuring about the freedom of choice the game may offer and how the cinematic scenes wont take away from that, only add to the experience.

Like Kolitha said, a few set pieces like what we saw at E3 can really keep the game fresh. Believe it or not many people out there that are fans of AC ( old and new ) enjoy having a few exciting and cinematic missions interleaved into the game. It creates good pacing and variety among other things. AC1 was a great game. I enjoyed it, as well as the others, but i gotta tell you, if we were on game 4 of the series and we were still doing the same things as AC1, I think I would have had enough. And for the most part in my opinion, what they've done with the series shows a lot of natural progressions, from a gamplay perspective and story progression ( we went from 1191 to the 1500s.. times change, tech changes, the way of doing things changes and evolves...etc)

He clearly points out how the core of AC is and should always be freedom. He states how most of the Revelations is built around that and players have all the mechanics to go action, stealth, use bombs/not use bombs.. etc. But have paced it with some nice set piece missions they want you to experience. Its nowhere near COD or BF... yes there are explosions, but its a game about a war between 2 orders that have been going at it since who knows when.. theres gonna be some explosions now that bombs are invented and more readily available in the time period you are in.

We are on game 4 now, 3 out of the 4 games are more similar to each other then the other.. I think its safe to say that Ubi knows what they want out of AC and what they will continue to do with AC.. maybe AC1 was for you.. but apparently the franchise as a whole isnt.

Im sure we all have complaints and ideas for what the series could have and could fix, thats fine, and should be addressed but some of these claims are just plain over exaggerated and driven into the ground that its exhausting to read sometimes. People need to not be so presumptuous and relax a bit.

misterB2001
06-28-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SF2themax:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

I actually thought the interview was a little reassuring about the freedom of choice the game may offer and how the cinematic scenes wont take away from that, only add to the experience.

Like Kolitha said, a few set pieces like what we saw at E3 can really keep the game fresh. Believe it or not many people out there that are fans of AC ( old and new ) enjoy having a few exciting and cinematic missions interleaved into the game. It creates good pacing and variety among other things. AC1 was a great game. I enjoyed it, as well as the others, but i gotta tell you, if we were on game 4 of the series and we were still doing the same things as AC1, I think I would have had enough. And for the most part in my opinion, what they've done with the series shows a lot of natural progressions, from a gamplay perspective and story progression ( we went from 1191 to the 1500s.. times change, tech changes, the way of doing things changes and evolves...etc)

He clearly points out how the core of AC is and should always be freedom. He states how most of the Revelations is built around that and players have all the mechanics to go action, stealth, use bombs/not use bombs.. etc. But have paced it with some nice set piece missions they want you to experience. Its nowhere near COD or BF... yes there are explosions, but its a game about a war between 2 orders that have been going at it since who knows when.. theres gonna be some explosions now that bombs are invented and more readily available in the time period you are in.

We are on game 4 now, 3 out of the 4 games are more similar to each other then the other.. I think its safe to say that Ubi knows what they want out of AC and what they will continue to do with AC.. maybe AC1 was for you.. but apparently the franchise as a whole isnt.

Im sure we all have complaints and ideas for what the series could have and could fix, thats fine, and should be addressed but some of these claims are just plain over exaggerated and driven into the ground that its exhausting to read sometimes. People need to not be so presumptuous and relax a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>quality post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

protesthishero
06-28-2011, 09:10 AM
The thing about Ubisoft is - they always do something unconventional and surprising, not always in a good way but 75% of the time it has worked. For example after POP : Sands of Time, which was the video game equivalent of a Disney movie, people expected the sequel to be along the same vein but they pulled a complete 360 and gave us one of the darkest, most mature and most violent games of their collection. They could've just put out a similar game and catering to the same crowd wouldn't have affected the sales (it would've increased it, if anything), but instead they pull this totally punk rock I'm-gonna-do-what-I-want move and pleased fans like myself. Of course, they sort of toned it down for the next game, but WITHOUT compromising on their recent learnings. I'm expecting something similar with Revelations and the guys in this interview almost explicitly state that the freedom is not gone at all but improved upon and the core gameplay is gonna remain the same. AC2 was my favorite in terms of story, length and the grand-adventurous feel but it was a little on the - dare I say - "poppy" side of things? Brotherhood nailed the ambience with a mixture of the first two games but the story was mostly "meh". If they fine tune all the good features and replace the bad ones with fresh ideas, this is gonna be a great game.

kriegerdesgottes
06-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by an-assassin:

I don't believe that and my reasoning is that Jean Francois came out while Brotherhood was being made and said we are taking a break for a while and you may not see another game until 2012 or 2013. He clearly had no idea of a Revelations yet and they even said they took 10 months exactly to make Brotherhood. Although I do think they probably did get started on Revelations probably around the time if not slightly before Brotherhood.

eagleforlife1
06-28-2011, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by eagleforlife1:

Maybe i enjoy it more than you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif
You don't even have an own personality :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you do. And what do you mean "You don't have an own personality"? You don't know who I am so I'm not quite sure what you're talking about

eagleforlife1
06-28-2011, 12:11 PM

Im sure we all have complaints and ideas for what the series could have and could fix, thats fine, and should be addressed but some of these claims are just plain over exaggerated and driven into the ground that its exhausting to read sometimes. People need to not be so presumptuous and relax a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen.

ShaneO7K
06-28-2011, 12:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by an-assassin:

I don't believe that and my reasoning is that Jean Francois came out while Brotherhood was being made and said we are taking a break for a while and you may not see another game until 2012 or 2013. He clearly had no idea of a Revelations yet and they even said they took 10 months exactly to make Brotherhood. Although I do think they probably did get started on Revelations probably around the time if not slightly before Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they basically knew the story and what new gameplay features they would add since then, it would just be up to them to decide when they would start development.

And with all the different studios they got helping them it's not exactly like they are rushing the games.

CRUDFACE
06-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by eagleforlife1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SF2themax:

Im sure we all have complaints and ideas for what the series could have and could fix, thats fine, and should be addressed but some of these claims are just plain over exaggerated and driven into the ground that its exhausting to read sometimes. People need to not be so presumptuous and relax a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif man, this was gold to me, lol. I did like the ex demo, nice explosians and such, but maybe it's because they're really stretching the series I guess. Like how the demo of assassin's creed up till now always had a stealthy/assassiny thing going on.

It felt a little more like, as one reviewer on a different website called it, "Michael Bay's" version of the AC series.

but it was awesome, made me happy and got me waiting for it, so yeah... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ajl992008
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by an-assassin:

I don't believe that and my reasoning is that Jean Francois came out while Brotherhood was being made and said we are taking a break for a while and you may not see another game until 2012 or 2013. He clearly had no idea of a Revelations yet and they even said they took 10 months exactly to make Brotherhood. Although I do think they probably did get started on Revelations probably around the time if not slightly before Brotherhood.

I think they basically knew the story and what new gameplay features they would add since then, it would just be up to them to decide when they would start development.

And with all the different studios they got helping them it's not exactly like they are rushing the games.

the ceo of ubisoft said that not everyone was in the loop on what was goin on, acr's team has A LOT of new people on it so my guess is they got a core team to begin on acr at the conception of acb (so probably december 2009) and the creative directer said that although development was a year a lot of the game had alreasdy been pre planned, i just think jean was not in on the game.

cless711
06-28-2011, 01:43 PM

+1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif