PDA

View Full Version : Teams

AFJ_Locust
06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
This is not a slam on WC or Sparx or there moderators

I love that server & the Mods & Sparx are great folks

This is too show the disparigy between teams

why it is like this is beyond me, most that fly there can count I'm assuming.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v61/AFJ_Locust/teams2.jpg

Tachyon1000
06-28-2005, 06:15 PM
I was on some server just the other day, ah, Z vs W, and there was more than a 2 to 1 advantage for red. It goes both ways. When I mentioned it, I got a bunch of **** from red side. I always try to even things up. People don't seem to care to do the same. I have also noticed that Blue can dominate servers during the day, while red does during the evening. I assume it has to do with the time difference between Europe and the US.

BSS_CUDA
06-28-2005, 09:10 PM
thats typical you will usually find the red team out numbered on WC, some ppl whine most dont, but God forbid when blue is out numbered, I flown a few times when a certain server Mod would stop the mission because of it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif reds just look at it as a target rich environment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Hendley
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
It doesn't bother me personally too much (I'll soon get shot down no matter which side I'm on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif), but one thing that irritates is squads all flying on one side on a public server, even when the teams are unbalanced.

Most will split up in that case, but there is one squad in particular that frequents one of the popular servers which refuses to fly red, no matter what. Just the other night there were a group of them together on blue, despite there being almost 3*1 blue vs red advantage. Worst thing was, blue was supposed to be attacking ground targets (red defending) but were any of them in bombers? Not a chance.

VW-IceFire
06-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Thing on WarCloud is that with the deathkick you usually see one team short for a little while if they start loosing pilots quickly.

I figure its not bad until the ratio becomes 2:1 or more. On a server running with 30 people or more...one or two people extra to one side makes no real difference.

AFJ_Locust
06-29-2005, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Hendley:
one thing that irritates is squads all flying on one side on a public server, even when the teams are unbalanced.

Most will split up in that case, but there is one squad in particular, which refuses to fly red, no matter what. Just the other night there were a group of them together on blue, despite there being almost 3*1 blue vs red advantage. Worst thing was, blue was supposed to be attacking ground targets (red defending) but were any of them in bombers? Not a chance.

Yes this is another problem!!! that compounds the uneven teams problems

I must be fair and say that within 15 to 20 minutes of me posting this the teams were evened out, but somedays it just dosent & being outnumbered 3to1 in this sim are very bad odds indead especialy if your trying to bomb the target or have any kind of T&B your toast period

Tvrdi
06-29-2005, 03:53 AM
all this because we have the majority who are playin only (or mostly) for one side like theyr are in the real f war and not in the sim....I mean, common, you hav more fun with the GAME when your flyin in all planes for both sides...but thats the main problem with our new and big community.....one side flyers/whiners....

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-29-2005, 06:33 AM
This happens at times on evey server. I almost always fly the side with the low numbers and if I'm alone (i.e. no squadmates) Ido the lone-wolf approach and try to play whack-a-mole at high altitude. I'll climb up and catch them as they poke their head out.

Sometimes there's nothing that you can do to even the teams, but usually they're so dynamic that they even up in just a few minutes. I can't tell you the number of times i've joined the weak side only to see they outnumber the other side in 15 minutes. It's tough to admin those conditions.

TB

joeap
06-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Tvrdi:
all this because we have the majority who are playin only (or mostly) for one side like theyr are in the real f war and not in the sim....I mean, common, you hav more fun with the GAME when your flyin in all planes for both sides...but thats the main problem with our new and big community.....one side flyers/whiners....

M8 first time I am 120% agreement with you.

9th_Spitin
06-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Usually when we switch sides it seems like it goes lop sided the other way within 5 minutes, thats why alot of times we will just wait it out.

I can not believe at the time some put into this game. I thought I flew too much @ 1-2 hrs 5 nights a week. Go outside, take a walk with the girlfriend-wife/boyfriend-hubby(if you still have one), play golf, go fishing, play a game with your kids or do the (yuck) yardwork. Looking at the stats just makes you realize how much time you may be taking away from the real important things in life. I hope I didn't offend too many, some may not have anyone to spend time with or have any friends or have the outdoors right outside. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by 9th_Spitin:
I can not believe at the time some put into this game. I thought I flew too much @ 1-2 hrs 5 nights a week.

I've cut WAY back on my flying time of late and have found it makes the time i DO spend flying more fun. I would still like to fly a bit more but 2 hours, 2 times a week seems to be enough for now. After school starts I'll be flying more...be sure.

TB

LeadSpitter_
06-30-2005, 06:19 AM
The problem is wc is home of the blues and the majority of the mods are blue pilots only and simply will not enforce even teams or ever go red, the only person i seen go red is hienzbar very few times when teams are so out of balance and flies the bombers.

Sparx has been flying red usually. When the teams were 27-8 the other day I asked if we can even up teams a bit the only person to switch was tx-gunslinger which i thank him for.

The problem with deathkick is one burst from any blue plane will explode any red plane in one burst killing the pilot 9/10 times, and if you do get to bail they will shoot your pilot bailing even without chute and doesnt matter who the person is.

It seems the same as reds they are shooting chutes like crazy especially 109s and 190ds.

It seems tensions have risin in that server where blues will cap both bases and vulch the reds out of the game and same for reds every now and then a group of p-38s will go to the blue bases to try and even up teams. Then theres the single spitfire vulchers who will keep going to blue base to vulch none stop when on blue the majority of us will wait there for them.

Lately there has been massive tks on both sides for some reason but the mods get rid of them quick but they usually will kill 2-3 people before they get a boot.

I dont know if aaa has gotten alot weaker or unaccurate but it does not seem to be doing the job well where you can hang over a base for 3-5 minutes. I dont know if it would effect game play but maybe adding more AAA 88s to each base would help and some random 88s along the territory lines.

I also think all the bases should have the 88s only both red and blue side in dogfight servers.

Part of wcs popularity is flying planetype of choice but i think its times the mods have to enforce even teams respecting those who been flying blue or red the longest ammount of time. They should also have to fly red/blue themselves to keep things balanced along with new joiners asking them to join the side that needs players untill teams even out.

Loki-PF
06-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Yup,

Right on Lead. But Darwinism works here too. Notice how their popularity has been less and less recently.

It makes me chuckle to think of all the diehard blues showing up on the server with no one on the RED side to fly against and then arguing about which of them has to fly for red... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dieg777
06-30-2005, 10:13 AM
dont ever remember reading of Goering and Hugh Dowding getting together to make sure sides were even !?!
I think that in nearly every stage or theatre of the war the sides were mismatched. If this is mirrored on a "full real" server then people should learn to fly smarter or join one with a different rule set.

Equilizer
06-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by dieg777:
dont ever remember reading of Goering and Hugh Dowding getting together to make sure sides were even !?!

Don't ever remember reading that they played a game.

LEBillfish
06-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I've been flying online since late 98. Doesn't matter the sim, this is often a problem. More so in "scoring servers" as I "believe/have heard" if you switch sides you start fresh. Naturally as well many want their favorite ride OR the most powerful ride OR play out some good vs. evil fantasy refusing to fly the other side.

Personally, I like thinking I'm a threat (target drone really) to anyone. So I will ALWAYS fly on the side needing more pilots. Yet more so, consider the following way to look at flying on the side with less players;

"Target Opportunity"

Pull back to a more remote base, fly a little smarter and higher....and soon the disadvantage becomes a benefit. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

dieg777
06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Equilizer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dieg777:

Don't ever remember reading that they played a game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

exactly my point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
people tend to forget this is a game

p1ngu666
06-30-2005, 12:11 PM
z v W server is a PTO only server?

most german plane fliers wont "lower" themselves to flying some japanease plane thats probably made of bamboo anyways.

so they fly USN..

probably best to reverse red vs blue for PTO, japan for red..

Chivas
06-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Hmmm... The times I fly its quite often dominated by the Red flyers. I've seen 30 reds to 6 blue, with the reds camped over the blue base. It happens both ways. Atleast the team doing the vulching is either leaving the targets unprotected or not destroying targets to win the map.

Which ever team I fly for, most flyers on comms are great, with each team having their token uber whiners. Unfortunately they are usually the most vocal.