PDA

View Full Version : level stablizer advice

redtails_059
09-29-2008, 07:34 AM
i am currently flying the pe2 bomber campaign in murmansk. After i have released the bombs , i then release level stablizer and take control of the plane. But i have found that the plane is difficult to control. There is a significant amount lot of upward lift despite my attempts to counter this by elevator down trim. does anyone have the same problem. any suggestions.

redtails_059
09-29-2008, 07:34 AM
i am currently flying the pe2 bomber campaign in murmansk. After i have released the bombs , i then release level stablizer and take control of the plane. But i have found that the plane is difficult to control. There is a significant amount lot of upward lift despite my attempts to counter this by elevator down trim. does anyone have the same problem. any suggestions.

TinyTim
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Bind a key to "elevator trim neutral" and hit it before you disengage level stab.

M_Gunz
09-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Push the stick forward?

No, really, how much nose up trim was required for level flight at bombing speed with bombload?
Because you'll likely have to counter that after dropping the bombs plus whatever lift gained
as the plane speeds up from unloading all that weight.

M_Gunz
09-29-2008, 08:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TinyTim:
Bind a key to "elevator trim neutral" and hit it before you disengage level stab. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+1 cause it's even better!