PDA

View Full Version : An "I Give Up" Option Needed?

Zqlp
12-06-2009, 11:01 AM
There should be an option to auto complete a mission or tomb sequence. Not all players possess the reflexes/skills necessary to navigate some of the more demanding sections of the game. I nearly gave up in the final tomb which required wall jumps and was timed. Eventually I completed it but there was a lot of frustration from jumping into the water over and over.

I don't recall the titles but I have seen puzzle based games with a "solve/continue" feature. I wouldn't suggest that developers make the game easier, but an auto complete option would be nice for those of us who might need it. For what it's worth, I'm 72 years old and my reflexes are not on a par with some of you younger folks. AC1 and 2 are my favorite games and I have managed to complete them both although I've skipped a couple of assassination contracts in AC2 that I couldn't complete.

shawnm82
12-06-2009, 11:06 AM
If you want someone to play the game for you, then why play at all? The challenge is the reason you play!

Recently, New Super Mario Wii put in an auto complete feature when you die 8 times in the same level, and it will finish it for you if you ask it to. I think this is an OK feature for basic games (maybe with E rating since little kids play those) but not for M ratings, since its all adults that should be able to learn, adapt and complete missions without someone holding their hand

Dead-M
12-06-2009, 11:41 AM
AC2 was too simple,... I was even surprised, seriously.
And now you want it even easier??? O man... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Grandmaster_Z
12-06-2009, 11:58 AM
72 and gaming, thats awesome! but..i've never seen a game with an i give up option

Crash_Plague
12-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Yeah that is awesome, haha.

But seeing as the tombs and contacts are optional, I don't really see why a feature like that would be needed.

RequiestaInPace
12-06-2009, 01:04 PM
Come on, gramps, you love a challenge, really.

OSnailsO
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by RequiestaInPace:
Come on, gramps, you love a challenge, really.

His challange is getting out of bed every morning...

Rodriquezz
12-06-2009, 01:08 PM
If you are really 72 and still a gamer, respect, (if not: GO AWAY TROLL!) but the suggestion is bad, why should the devs put in a "solve button"? Assassins Creed 2 should be a challenge and not be easy, maybe you play the wrong game.

DarkAutocon
12-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I dont think an option to complete it automatically would be a good idea because someone who doesnt like AC (may the devil curse them for all eternity) can just buy the game, skip every level, therefore getting all the achivements/trophies for the game, then trade it in and in the long run ubisoft would lose money since there are more "preowned" games out there!!!!!! which would mean people would buy the second hand ones rather then the new ones, the ones that give ubisoft their nice moneyzzz!

RequiestaInPace
12-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Or, they could easily stop you getting the trophy if you skip it, but give it to you if you go back and replay it.
(Saying, of course, that they actually let you replay memories in the next one.)

bladencrowd
12-06-2009, 01:22 PM
72 and playing a game like Assassins Creed 2? Now, that's what I call badass.

DarkAutocon
12-06-2009, 01:23 PM
haha lol you have a point.

IV_trailer
12-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Old grandma hardcore
http://oghc.blogspot.com/

NekoKera
12-06-2009, 03:07 PM
There always is the good ol' Abort Memory option. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SWJS
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by shawnm82:
If you want someone to play the game for you, then why play at all? The challenge is the reason you play! Actually, I recalls the word "game" being related to the word "fun", not challenge. Competitions and sports are for challenges. I play games to have fun.

I will agree that the timed tombs can be very frustrating, as a lot of the time, when I tell Ezio to jump to the right, he feels the need to dive into the creepy-giant squid-infested water in a spot where you can't swim back to the start.

However, after a few tries, I managed to get through the challenges.

Plus the tombs are a nice change of pace from the free-roaming stabbity-stab-stab we're all used too.

And, I don't care how frustrating it was, the Basillica San Marco had the most beautiful building interior I have ever seen. It was well worth it.

Dudebag
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
My Troll senses are tingling.

I think gramps is trying to make a statement (sarcasticly) on how videogames have become too easy as opposed to the video games that he and his peers played back in his day (yep who knew that they had videogames back in the 1940s).

The video games he had to play back when he was young used to sort the men from the boys unlike the sissy "Oh Im Ezio and I am gay with Leonardo" Assassins Creed 2.

Back in his day the video games were much better and much harder but then again so was everything else.

On a side note anyone know where an Aussie can get a copy of Demon Souls? I hear it is supposed to be really hard but so far to my knowledge it hasnt been released in Aus and never will be.

Ghost600k
12-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Why would you want that the point of the tombs is to be hard like PoP If you ever played that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif