PDA

View Full Version : Did Renaissance Italy not have children in it?

Just Dave Man
12-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Im not much of a historian but it just seems like theres an abundance of adults walking around Rome but no children at all.

I find this a bit unusual but then I dont know if Da Vinci had invented children in those days or whether that came later on in his life.

Janoian
12-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Haha i never noticed! but come on man, killing adults by mistake is not as bad as killing children by mistake. (Yes i'm talking to you, i know what you did to that innocent person while you were fighting those guards. Don't deny it, I KNOW IT HAPPENED)

ninja_7_7
12-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Killing children might up the rating from M to AO or something along those lines. Same as with fallout. You cant even aim at a child.

Just Dave Man
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Haha well just make it so you cant lock on them to kill them even by accident. They could run up to you though like the annoying music guys and draw attention to you and move out the way.

It just doesnt look right. Haha I didnt care until I noticed it.

Oh and yeh youre right every so often I like to kill a horse or a random civilian. Its like Im showing off to the game when it says "Ezio did not kill civilians" if I kill as many as I can throughout the story without actually desynching because of it. Just a little game I play http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif No game can hold me down!! haha

jmk1999
12-21-2010, 08:36 PM
it's a common trope. check this out Hide Your Children (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HideYourChildren).

Terran97
12-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Battle of Forli DLC had children. Also Petruccio was like 12 years old and he got hung.

Hank_Mongolia
12-21-2010, 09:12 PM
There was the Templar Agent mission where Ezio found a little boy crying and you had to kill the Nobleman from the Multiplayer mode...

gutarjunky
12-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by JustDaveMan:
Im not much of a historian but it just seems like theres an abundance of adults walking around Rome but no children at all.

I find this a bit unusual but then I dont know if Da Vinci had invented children in those days or whether that came later on in his life.

..The same reason gta does not have children ac was ballzy putting animals in there

obliviondoll
12-21-2010, 10:22 PM
They weren't allowed outside.

Ever.

EVER.

They were home-schooled and stuff.

Yeah.

(P.S. Don't believe the truth)

ThaWhistle
12-21-2010, 11:24 PM
kids werent invented until the 1950s

Kimarous
12-21-2010, 11:44 PM
They all got hung by Templars.

kriegerdesgottes
12-22-2010, 12:21 AM
dude you are soo right! I was thinking recently it would be cool if there were dogs and animals walking around too because sometimes when you shoot your gun you hear dogs bark in the background but I never considered there have never been any kids at all in any AC game. good call they should def add that.

Sricule
12-22-2010, 02:18 AM
WTF are children?

drizzit986
12-22-2010, 02:32 AM
well, in AC2 the game did hang Ezio's lil brother.

WEll, in Rome during the time the game takes place, there was so much death taking place, its logical to think that there would not be many kids out. (on the flipside with so much death, kids without parents would be very high so why wouldnt you see them, but on the flipside of that, maby it is because they hide so well, they have to or they are dead. and to add to that, maby all those kids without parents joined up with the different theives gangs or with the other types of guilds.

but as a game it does come down to looking down on killing kids, just watch the "romance" and be happy hahah that and being able to throw spears into soldiers eyes then ripping it out and using it again.

glenneey
12-22-2010, 02:38 AM
In the renaissance children were eaten, thee were these special ''child farms'' where children were mass produced to eat them.http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
NOW SERIOUS:
I think they are at school or something...
24/7 SCHOOL COME NOW AND GET AN EXTRA KID FOR DINNER!

E-Zekiel
12-22-2010, 03:21 AM
1. Petruccio's death was not explicitly shown
2. Killing children flaunts with a rating raise
3. Killing children results in the game getting banned in a number of countries.

TheSpectator
12-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
When i saw this i just started randomly laughing in a room of quiet people who all looked at me but i'll forgive you for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

pineapple64
12-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Its the same as every game! You never see children in gta for simple reason it would be banned in most countrys!

pineapple64
12-22-2010, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

LOL then died because of the world war

glenneey
12-22-2010, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by pineapple64:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ThaWhistle:

LOL then died because of the world war </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WWII was in 1945~1950... how could this have killed children if they were invented in 1950+ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
EAT SUM KIDSSSSS

Inorganic9_2
12-22-2010, 04:20 AM
1939-1945 perhaps?

Just Dave Man
12-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by drizzit986:
well, in AC2 the game did hang Ezio's lil brother.

WEll, in Rome during the time the game takes place, there was so much death taking place, its logical to think that there would not be many kids out. (on the flipside with so much death, kids without parents would be very high so why wouldnt you see them, but on the flipside of that, maby it is because they hide so well, they have to or they are dead. and to add to that, maby all those kids without parents joined up with the different theives gangs or with the other types of guilds.

but as a game it does come down to looking down on killing kids, just watch the "romance" and be happy hahah that and being able to throw spears into soldiers eyes then ripping it out and using it again.

Ezios bro the last of the children. Kind of like the last mohican.

Kid pick pockets that you can tackle but not kill. Surely theres a way of making it so that you cant lock on to kids and kill them. I thought the whole locking system was to make sure you dont kill the wrong person and Ive never locked on to horses so its clearly possible to switch lock on off certain in game avatars.

Da Vinci was alive in the 1950s to invent children? He definitely invented them, theres drawings. They were based entirely on his work.

WW2 is still going on. How else could Quentin Tarantino have filmed Inglorious Buzzards? Come on guys everybody knows this. Quit slacking on your history studies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Redfeather1975
12-22-2010, 06:07 AM
Historically there was a horse shortage during the time that Ezio's adventure takes place.
We can assume that the game is using pantomime horses with children inside, just as they did back in Rome during that time.
No need to fact check any of what I just said.

Now that you know the truth, a hi-res game screenshot should make it far more noticeable.

http://oules.lightentertainment.org/imgs/monty1.jpg

And now you also know why horses are invincible in the game. Ubisoft did for the children. For the children!!

glenneey
12-22-2010, 06:35 AM
^
Its been a while ago for me, i forgot xD
AC, AC2 & AC:B killed my brain, i am now a complete no life game zombie.
EDIT: post deleted? O_O

Just Dave Man
12-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
Historically there was a horse shortage during the time that Ezio's adventure takes place.
We can assume that the game is using pantomime horses with children inside, just as they did back in Rome during that time.

Now that you know the truth, a hi-res game screenshot should make it far more noticeable.

And now you also know why horses are invincible in the game. Ubisoft did for the children. For the children!!

Haha how long did it take for you to find a picture of a pantomime horse stood in front of something that resembles the AC architecture and not one just on a stage?

It would explain a lot though I never realised children were that strong to gallop along while carrying a fully armed man between them. How many children are in these horses?

Redfeather1975
12-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Haha how long did it take for you to find a picture of a pantomime horse stood in front of something that resembles the AC architecture and not one just on a stage?

Far too long to be worth it.
This world. It makes it too hard to be silly sometimes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

glenneey
12-22-2010, 07:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Redfeather1975:

It would explain a lot though I never realised children were that strong to gallop along while carrying a fully armed man between them. How many children are in these horses? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OVER 9000!!!

Redfeather1975
12-22-2010, 07:58 AM
lol. That's a lot o' kids. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
They must use circus clown car technology.

MinerVAX09
12-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Didn't I post a thread like this???? Anyway...I think, having Ezio able to kill children would be one of the most controversial thing...

NuclearFuss
12-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Whoa whoa whoa you're missing the real truth here people! Kids did exist but they were eaten by Rodrigo and Juan Borgia at birth!!!! The only ones who survive are the skinny ones.

jackhogg13
12-22-2010, 10:28 AM
There are only bout 2 kids in the game, but u cant kill them cus Ubisoft dont want any foul minded players killin them.

DarkicoN14
12-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
They weren't allowed outside.

Ever.

EVER.

They were home-schooled and stuff.

Yeah.

(P.S. Don't believe the truth)

Nothing is true ...

notafanboy
12-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
1939-1945 perhaps? we can only speculate ...

E-Zekiel
12-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
1939-1945 perhaps?
This.

People not knowing the years of one of the most significant wars in history makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Especially when we're playing a historical fantasy game. -_-

kriegerdesgottes
12-22-2010, 02:01 PM
ok but just because kids are walking around doesn't mean you should be able to kill them. seriously try killing a doctor in ACII it's not gonna happen. They could do the same thing with kids. have them be there but make it impossible to harm them.

Terran97
12-22-2010, 02:19 PM
1960ish because of the baby boom.

Master_Rahl
12-22-2010, 03:21 PM
It should be simple enough to add children, really. You can lock onto them, tackle them even (as someone said, there could be child pickpockets), but you can't kill them. Perhaps if you try the character mutters something along the lines of "I am above that" to himself. It would make it more realistic.

Turkiye96
12-27-2010, 07:08 AM
they forgot or something but they could do it like they did in the villa where u couldnt harm courtesans and merceneries and thiefs

Valentorg
12-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
Killing children might up the rating from M to AO or something along those lines. Same as with fallout. You cant even aim at a child.

You can't aim at them but you certainly can nuke them and their entire town for money.

Ringo196
01-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Nope !

slaro
01-01-2011, 10:06 AM
If Grand Theft Auto had children in it i think not many countries would have allowed that game.