PDA

View Full Version : Currency in ACR?

edzilla_551
06-12-2011, 06:18 PM
since ACR is set in turkey, what will the currency be known as?, because i was just curious. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Chamboozer
06-12-2011, 06:32 PM
They should use either the Ottoman asper (akçe in Turkish) or Arab dinar.

Venetian ducats would also be reasonable, as that was the mostly universal coin of the time period.

JonnyQuickShot
06-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Or we could just use Florins again...

Yes, I know it's inaccurate, but still... AC2 and ACB's florins were only identifiable by name.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:

Yes, I know it's inaccurate, but still... AC2 and ACB's florins were only identifiable by name. I think this is the casual gamer's answer, which is probably what Ubisoft will go with, but I think the poster up a few post's answer is better for harcore gamers.

xx-pyro
06-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Highwayman48:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:

Yes, I know it's inaccurate, but still... AC2 and ACB's florins were only identifiable by name. I think this is the casual gamer's answer, which is probably what Ubisoft will go with, but I think the poster up a few post's answer is better for harcore gamers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt Ubisoft will use Florins, although as a major trade city one could argue that a number of currencies could be used in Constantinople.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Highwayman48:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JonnyQuickShot:

Yes, I know it's inaccurate, but still... AC2 and ACB's florins were only identifiable by name. I think this is the casual gamer's answer, which is probably what Ubisoft will go with, but I think the poster up a few post's answer is better for harcore gamers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt Ubisoft will use Florins, although as a major trade city one could argue that a number of currencies could be used in Constantinople. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You know what? On second thought I take back what I said... I honestly just didn't think that through. I guess I forgot how historically accurate Ubisoft is...

Mic_92
06-12-2011, 08:58 PM
The US dollar seems to be the obvious choice.

Highwayman48
06-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
The US dollar seems to be the obvious choice. Obviously!

thekyle0
06-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Highwayman48:<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro: Highwayman48:
I doubt Ubisoft will use Florins, although as a major trade city one could argue that a number of currencies could be used in Constantinople. You know what? On second thought I take back what I said... I honestly just didn't think that through. I guess I forgot how historically accurate Ubisoft is... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wrong, Ubisoft's history is so soft that Tempurpedic is trying to make a mattress out of it. That doesn't ruin the game, but nobody should be expecting a nuance like the currency to conform to what is historically probable.

Chamboozer
06-13-2011, 02:17 AM
I think he was being sarcastic.