PDA

View Full Version : Am I Overmodded?

Kaleun1961
10-04-2005, 05:22 PM
I'm hoping someone who knows a lot about mods will examine my list of installed mods and tell me their opinions. I'm wondering if some of these mods are superfluous or detrimental to my configuration. Here is what I currently have installed:

Real U-boat V 1.44
Harbour Traffic 1.45C
Float Planes
AI U-boats V2
Wolfpack
PT Boats
U-boat War Ace
Pascal's Smoke & Splash
Das Boot Besatzung
Merchant Lights
Transparent Console
3K Bearing Tool
Map Updates
Gammel's sounds

I know that some of these mods overwrite some other mod's files. I'm just wondering if I'm installing mods that don't need to be installed because a previous mod incorporates it, or if there are some others that should be installed as requirements for mods that are already installed.

Bubblehead1948
10-04-2005, 06:47 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif Hell, no. I'm using at least as many as you. I'm struggling with the same questions at times. I have to superimpose some features over rub in order to get the effect I want. I come up with the whole combination after sorting, applying, and testing. Its tedious, but the result is a rather rich environment. I already see two things on your list I find intensly interesting; Gammels sound and merchant lights. Hmmm....

Mylo42
10-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Merchant lights ??? ....sounds interesting.

Kaleun1961
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Gammel did some tidying up of some earlier sound mods, doing a pretty good job. Still, I even tweak that, by adding some Das Boot sound files, selected individually. The lights mod is pretty neat. You can get it at the Uboot download site. It adds searchlights to most merchant ships and Leigh lights to aircraft. They can jump you at night if they have radar, shining the light as they run in to attack. If you attack a convoy at night, the merchants switch on their lights, looking for you. If you are surfaced, there is a good chance you will be detected. They also look for your scope with their lights. Adds an interesting twist to night engagements.

Bubblehead1948
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
Adds an interesting twist to night engagements.
-----------------------------------------------

Yesss... That would be interesting. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif