PDA

View Full Version : Just had a blast in HL

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Evening all,

I just got out of a great game in HL. 401_Klink has a server set up with flyable AI planes and both flying and intercepting pe-8's is a great deal of fun.

One of the big birds headed off the map in an effort to evade air defenses and proceeded to 8000m....I figured out where he was and decided to vector for an attack. ....then I realized that I was in a stuka. I had chosen the plane in order to swing behind the low flying bombers and massacre them with my dual howitzers. I don't think the Stuka designers had 8000m in mind when they designed her.

Anyhow, long story short, I SLOWLY made my way to 7000-7500m but only after dropping his nuke did the pe-8 come down a few hundred metres to give the stubborn stuka a chance. I got one pass in....missed.....then WHAMO, three rounds from the rear gunner and my Stuka is in little Stuka crumbs /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif We had an audience by then (albeit a small one) and all were sorely disappointed.

A few more dismal excuses for sorties later, and here I am....an admitedly crumby pilot that has one he11 of a great time with this game.

To the 401 boys that host such a fun server - S!

To all who have never checked it out, what are you waiting for (besides the patch /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )??

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Evening all,

I just got out of a great game in HL. 401_Klink has a server set up with flyable AI planes and both flying and intercepting pe-8's is a great deal of fun.

One of the big birds headed off the map in an effort to evade air defenses and proceeded to 8000m....I figured out where he was and decided to vector for an attack. ....then I realized that I was in a stuka. I had chosen the plane in order to swing behind the low flying bombers and massacre them with my dual howitzers. I don't think the Stuka designers had 8000m in mind when they designed her.

Anyhow, long story short, I SLOWLY made my way to 7000-7500m but only after dropping his nuke did the pe-8 come down a few hundred metres to give the stubborn stuka a chance. I got one pass in....missed.....then WHAMO, three rounds from the rear gunner and my Stuka is in little Stuka crumbs /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif We had an audience by then (albeit a small one) and all were sorely disappointed.

A few more dismal excuses for sorties later, and here I am....an admitedly crumby pilot that has one he11 of a great time with this game.

To the 401 boys that host such a fun server - S!

To all who have never checked it out, what are you waiting for (besides the patch /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )??

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 02:17 AM
Yeah it was funny when he dove down on the airfield though, admit it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-08-2003, 02:18 AM
Oh, for sure....no doubt that no matter when, who or why, a pe8 breaking the sound barrier and disintegrating 100m off the deck was CLASSIC /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

See you up there again sometime!