PDA

View Full Version : No Mosquito info?

Knudse
02-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I cant find any info about the Mosquito in the game???

Martin.

JG54_Lukas
02-22-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Knudse:
I cant find any info about the Mosquito in the game???

Martin.

Your point being...?

There's a lot of planes that don't have any info in the object viewer.

Armatian
02-23-2007, 04:13 AM
Sometimes there's some info in the patch that bring the new plane, otherwise there are some good plane guides (In 1946 there's a 450 pages guide, i wish i had it =P)
Other source of info, and one of the best is wikipedia, since the simulator is quite accurate you can get some clues there.

Knudse
02-23-2007, 04:50 PM
My point???
Getting some info about the plane; engines, guns, speed etc. I was also wondering if my installation of the game had went wrong. Not that hard to figure out i thought...
I have the 1946 version, and therefore also the big planes guide. But sadly the info on the Mosquito are restricted to a cockpit view, and explanations of the meters and clocks.
Wikipedia and links therefrom did the trick ;-)

Martin.

BadA1m
02-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Documentation is not a big strong point in this Sim. It seems that a lot (if not all) of the DVD's shipped without Readme's. I believe Airwarfare has most of them (for the various versions/patches that make up IL2). The good news is that you can pretty much look up info on the real planes and use that with the game. I think most of us here are enthusiasts and just do that as a matter of course.

XyZspineZyX
02-24-2007, 06:43 AM
We have two variants of the Mossie in this sim. One is AI only, being the B Mk. IV.

The other which is flyable is the FB Mk. VI, apparently an early variant as we do not have a rocket load out for it.

The Mossie is very fast down low. I did a single mission with it yesterday and down on the deck with an internal load of 500 pounders I was at 540Km/h most of the time while on route to my target. Its not the fastest of the planes in the sim, but it is pretty dang fast.

I wasnt sure what to think of this plane at first, but I'm completely falling in love with it right now.

Another site with good info is this one here:

http://www.vectorsite.net/avmoss.html

Lurch1962
02-26-2007, 05:21 PM
I recall a read me file that came with either FB, AEP or PF which offered the excuse that object info wasn't complete because of lack of space on the CD, and that a future update would fill in the gaps.

Well, this never happened. I must say that not including a wee bit of text (ASCII is not storage-intensive) perplexes me. I can to some extent understand leaving out material on the slightly different variants of a plane, but to not offer anything for a whole species is kind of negligent.

--Lurch--