PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer...really?

Slimgrin
07-22-2010, 10:24 PM
what is considered a good single player game, is now multi-player. Lord...way to jump on the bandwagon Ubisoft.

So much for 'striking out' and doing something unique in todays gaming market.

Deathgrim666
07-22-2010, 10:35 PM
single player is still there what are u flaming about?

Slimgrin
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
How is that Multiplayer? so unlike the dozens of other multiplayer games?

bearsbball11
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
it will still have a great single player... and it was rated the best multi-player game at E3 so I'm not sure what you're so upset about

EzioAssassin51
07-23-2010, 02:09 AM
It's a full 15 - 20 hour single-player campaign with 3 multiplayer modes (online, from what we know)! Why are you so annoyed? No one is asking you to play the multiplayer!

Murcuseo
07-23-2010, 02:39 AM
I have a feeling he either thinks the MP will take dev time away from the SP and ruin it or he really sucks at MP games.

How much do you actually know about the MP slipster?

Or did you just come here for a rant?

Ru1986
07-23-2010, 02:53 AM
I have a feeling he does not know what hes talking about. Have you ever been to work or worked for a company its not called jumping on the band wagon. UBI like many other companies are trying to turn a profit (as we all know todays climate does not make that easy for businesses) just use your head mate, its a business like everything else so they will look for new ways to increase profit. They haven't done MP yet so why would they not give it a shot.

I dont really play MP games much so like you am more excited about the single player elements but i do not begrudge UBI for having new business ideas.

El_Sjietah
07-23-2010, 06:38 AM
1. Although having multiplayer is hardly original, the way they're going about it is.

2. Implementing co-op would be jumping on the bandwagon. The competitive multiplayer bandwagon passed 10 years ago and is long gone now.

3. If you don't like multiplayer, stick to singleplayer.

4. Be more constructive in your critisism.

Ru1986
07-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Agree with Number 4 the most El_Sjietah i dont understand why some people see it as necissary to use ****gings off as critisism. This is just a boring moan IMO.

Slimgrin
07-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Ru1986:
I have a feeling he does not know what hes talking about. Have you ever been to work or worked for a company its not called jumping on the band wagon. UBI like many other companies are trying to turn a profit (as we all know todays climate does not make that easy for businesses) just use your head mate, its a business like everything else so they will look for new ways to increase profit. They haven't done MP yet so why would they not give it a shot.

I dont really play MP games much so like you am more excited about the single player elements but i do not begrudge UBI for having new business ideas.

Multiplayer is frequently a half baked add-on to single player games. Usually, when both are done in concert, one suffers. It's my opinion good single player games are going the way of the dinosaur, and the blame rests largely with online co-op and multiplayer cash grabs.

I guess I'd rather see resources spent on good single player add ons, or a new game in development.

But like you have said, they gotta make money, and multiplayer drek is an easy way to do it.

FilipinoNinja67
07-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by slipster212:
what is considered a good single player game, is now multi-player. Lord...way to jump on the bandwagon Ubisoft.

So much for 'striking out' and doing something unique in todays gaming market.

So? Splinter cell And Uncharted did the same thing as did other games. whats wrong with that? And the multiplayer looks pretty unique, I havent seen any other game have social stealth. Unless you play GTA or Red Dead and turn off maps and icons then theres a little bit of social stealth....

Deathgrim666
07-23-2010, 10:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

Multiplayer is frequently a half baked add-on to single player games. Usually, when both are done in concert, one suffers. It's my opinion good single player games are going the way of the dinosaur, and the blame rests largely with online co-op and multiplayer cash grabs.

I guess I'd rather see resources spent on good single player add ons, or a new game in development.

But like you have said, they gotta make money, and multiplayer drek is an easy way to do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty sure they said they have a different team doing the mp and another team doing sp so the mp and sp should be fine.

Murcuseo
07-23-2010, 10:39 AM

But like you have said, they gotta make money, and multiplayer drek is an easy way to do it.

Lets see if I can get a response this time... how much do you actually know about the AC:B MP and SP slipster?

Are you not better reserving judegment until you've actually played both SP and MP because at the moment you just seem like you're looking for something to moan about...

Gekkibi
07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I just consulted oracle, and she said Assassin's Creed multiplayer will work as fluently as Splinter Cell multiplayer. MP mode will use realistic desynchronization simulation called "desync". Remember when it hits you; it's not a bug, it's a feature.

AMuppetMatt
07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
It won the best multiplayer award at E3. That's my contribution done... that's all that needs to be said really. Plus the fact that they've actually publicly announced that they've revamped combat for the SINGLE PLAYER suggests their doing work on both.

End of pointless discussion.

hewkii9
07-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
3 multiplayer modes (online, from what we know)

Three? What is there beyond Wanted?

DavisP92
07-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Honestly i think ubisoft is trying to force the multiplayer down ppls throats. I mean yea its cool and different, but i'm into assasssin's creed cuz of the single-player gameplay and story. Yea they have a 15 hour single player game, but what do we kno about it really. i'm worried that they might just re-use everything from AC2 and not really add a lot of new, fun ideas. Co-op would be one, a whole bunch of new weapons and finishing moves. it would be crazy if they had coop in AC3 where u can learn different fighting styles, so one assassin knows northern shoalin kung fu while the other knows southern. ideas like that. One thing i want them to do is somehow find a way to combine AC1 and AC2 together. AC2 had the best fighting and variety factors. But AC1 felt more like an assassin game because u could stalk ur pray's location and take out the guards around him/her so ur escape will be easier. they also should change the eagle vision back to the orginal version (not the one in the final AC1 game but the one in the first live demo of AC1. except allow us to walk around like AC2) and physics, they had a good idea in the orginal idea of AC1 where u can cut down objects and block paths. they should add that back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUeF50aig_s
Eagle Vision: 3:05 (the target is the only thing that looks different)
Blocking a path:4:30

Keighvin
07-23-2010, 01:59 PM
We don't know what they are, but 3 is the number that's generally bandied about.

Pdavis3- We know that they have the BAM system, you will have upgradeable junior Assassins, the merchandise lift, improved horse combat, tweaked money system and an improved and expanded renovations system. That not to shabby if you ask me. And what does knowing different fighting styles have to do with coop?

DavisP92
07-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Keighvin:
We don't know what they are, but 3 is the number that's generally bandied about.

Pdavis3- We know that they have the BAM system, you will have upgradeable junior Assassins, the merchandise lift, improved horse combat, tweaked money system and an improved and expanded renovations system. That not to shabby if you ask me. And what does knowing different fighting styles have to do with coop?

BAM system?? yea i kno about the upgradeable assassins, but they haven't really told us about that and what they do. the merchandise lift, parachute, and poisen darts are the only known new inventions. not a lot really. the horse combat, idk really. i heard them say stuff about it, but i'm hoping they weren't refering to just being able to shoot ur crossbow while on a horse. if u can do something like ezio did in the CGI trailer that'll be cool. i never heard them say anything about the tweaked money system, do u have a link?.. and Roma being fixed up is one thing i'm really excited to see... It has to do with Co-op refering to that ur assassin will be different then ur friends. they wont be the same ppl and the only thing that makes them different is how u play. like u can be skilled with a certain type of weapon and ur friend can use a different one and train with it to get better (like the junior assassins).

El_Sjietah
07-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Co-op isn't singleplayer.....

DavisP92
07-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Uhhh.... hence the word single..

masterfenix2009
07-23-2010, 03:57 PM
rated best e3 multiplayer. nuff said

DavisP92
07-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:

ha yea since there isn't any other multiplayer out there like it. but i'm more interested in the single player

El_Sjietah
07-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Uhhh.... hence the word single.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then why bash multiplayer if you support it?

masterfenix2009
07-23-2010, 04:35 PM
me too considering as of now no xbox live for me

DavisP92
07-23-2010, 04:43 PM
@ El_Sjietah. When did i start bashing Multiplayer?? i'm just stating that Assassin's Creed started as a single player and should stay true to their first idea. The multiplayer is gonna be a fun extra, but i'd rather have co-op since some ppl don't have xbox live. and they need to show more single-player rather than old clips of the multiplayer...

@assassino151. yea i might need to buy a new xbox live gold membership card.

EzioAssassin51
07-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Pdavis, you will be able to use all you weapons on the horse, from what i heard!

So you can be riding and then shoot a Crossbow bolt at a guard who is trying to attack you or your horse!!

DavisP92
07-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Pdavis, you will be able to use all you weapons on the horse, from what i heard!

So you can be riding and then shoot a Crossbow bolt at a guard who is trying to attack you or your horse!!

yea i knew u could use ur sword and crossbow on a horse. it'll be cool if u can use a spear and throw it too

EzioAssassin51
07-23-2010, 09:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:

yea i knew u could use ur sword and crossbow on a horse. it'll be cool if u can use a spear and throw it too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you can throw all two handed weapons now! Or maybe that's just heavy weapons!

thekyle0
07-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I think you can throw all two handed weapons now! Or maybe that's just heavy weapons! I can see the spear being thrown like a javelin, despite the fact that javelins and spears are very different weapons. However, I say it's an acceptable breach of realism.

EzioAssassin51
07-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
I think you can throw all two handed weapons now! Or maybe that's just heavy weapons! I can see the spear being thrown like a javelin, despite the fact that javelins and spears are very different weapons. However, I say it's an acceptable breach of realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not much of a difference between them though!

thekyle0
07-23-2010, 10:05 PM
At first glance that may appear so. However, a javeline has to be balanced to maintain an angle that will maximize the amount of force delivered into the target. A plain spear doesn't need this because it's up to theuser to hold it at the optimum angle while striking, rather than aerodynamics. (especially when the user holds it with two hands like they do in the game).

opisamra
07-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by slipster 212:
It's my opinion good single player games are going the way of the dinosaur
*cough*Mass Effect, Fable, AC1 & 2*cough*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Honestly i think ubisoft is trying to force the multiplayer down ppls throats.
They're just doing that to get everyone that isn't already an AC fan interested in the franchise.

I mean yea its cool and different, but i'm into assasssin's creed cuz of the single-player gameplay and story. Yea they have a 15 hour single player game, but what do we kno about it really. i'm worried that they might just re-use everything from AC2 and not really add a lot of new, fun ideas.
AC is first and foremost a single player game and I doubt they'd ruin that experience.

Co-op would be one, a whole bunch of new weapons and finishing moves. it would be crazy if they had coop in AC3 where u can learn different fighting styles, so one assassin knows northern shoalin kung fu while the other knows southern. ideas like that.
If you want Co-Op come up with a way to include it in the storyline and they'd be happy to. The dev's have said that they wouldn't add anything into AC unless it was grounded within the story.

One thing i want them to do is somehow find a way to combine AC1 and AC2 together. AC2 had the best fighting and variety factors. But AC1 felt more like an assassin game because u could stalk ur pray's location and take out the guards around him/her so ur escape will be easier.
I agree with everything you said there.

they also should change the eagle vision back to the orginal version (not the one in the final AC1 game but the one in the first live demo of AC1. except allow us to walk around like AC2) and physics, they had a good idea in the orginal idea of AC1 where u can cut down objects and block paths. they should add that back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUeF50aig_s
Eagle Vision: 3:05 (the target is the only thing that looks different)
Blocking a path:4:30
Wow I've never seen that video before but it looked EPIC. I don't really mind the current Eagle Vision but I think that blocking the path thing would be awesome. But you should only be able to block a path if you use an axe or a mace. I don't see how you chop through a sold piece of wood with a sword. This could also add another level of strategy to the game. Heavy weapons slow you down but you can use them to block the path when you're being chased and light weapons allow you to free run faster but you can't block the path. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think this post is long enough now...

EzioAssassin51
07-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by opisamra:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I mean yea its cool and different, but i'm into assasssin's creed cuz of the single-player gameplay and story. Yea they have a 15 hour single player game, but what do we kno about it really. i'm worried that they might just re-use everything from AC2 and not really add a lot of new, fun ideas.
AC is first and foremost a single player game and I doubt they'd ruin that experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus, it is continuing Ezio's story so it wouldn't make much sense to COMPLETELY change combat like from AC1 - 2, seeing as there is only a few days between the two games, and it would be silly for Ezio to fight totally differently to what he used to! He has even changed his fighting a bit between the two games now!

Ru1986
07-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Silpster, I think your right Single pleyer games are all becoming like Fallout 3 i.e. too big too vast and too samey. The problem with allot of single player games (again i use Fallout 3 as an example) is everything you touch or do in the world has an effect and baring on the world. Fallout 3 was a great game it was just as the reviews said very depressing but then all Fallout games are i spose.

I see others have mentioned ACgames too, AC2 ws perfect for me as single player games go. Not too big not too much to remember.

Joshua Morrison
07-24-2010, 01:40 PM
I have never bought an AC because there is no multiplayer. Why would I buy a game I'm going to beat in a week and then have nothing left to do but repeat???

Me and many others enjoy the competitive modes, because you always have a new target to assassinate.

Plus I'm not a nerd...I usally only play games with friends... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif I'm just messing around don't get your panties in a wad, I love playing a good single player.

I also think that coop was a must, the first game suck so repetitive but the second one was awesome, I just didn't see any reason to play it after I beat it. A coop mode would make replaying the story more than worth while and way more enjoyable.

Kakashi590
07-24-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
does not mean everybody has to like it. as for myself i think it looks awesome but i do not put down others peoples opinions because his does not agree with mine

Slimgrin
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Who here likes trends? I don't, not by default anyway. If everyone is doing something, it doesn't mean I should be doing it too. Tell that to all the developers who are making video clones - not video games. Each is as close to the last, so it will be recognizable, popular, and easy to sell.

Ubisoft has a right to make money. Who doesn't? Thats not my point. Is Assasin's Creed an original concept? Yes...for now. But they have proved what many hardcore gamers have said for years: sooner or later, it seems every company migrates like a bunch of mindless lemmings to what is currently popular instead of forging out on their own.

Multiplayer is popular, no question. It works alright too, if you have internet and a good connection, which is frequently not the case.

Co-op is popular, if you have internet and a good connection as well.

Here's a revolutionary, brain shattering idea: make a single player campaign with good replay value. Scrap the Mcdlc and the derivative online play. Do something that few other devs have the ingenuity to try. Make a single player game worth playing a second time around...gasp!

Or, at the very least, make it longer than 20 measly hrs. which is laughable. ME2 is around 35 hrs long, and I have played it six times over.

All I can say is Ubisoft, as a game developer shows promise, but they have a long way to go.

Crucify Lucifer
07-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Incase you missed it, there is singleplayer. They have a preview of the SP gameplay on this very site and from what I've seen Ubisoft has not gone up the river with this game at all yet.

And at first I was worried that the MP would be a total flop, but it actually looks like Ubi might be able to pull it off. Still speculating of course.

Murcuseo
07-24-2010, 05:24 PM

All I can say is Ubisoft, as a game developer shows promise, but they have a long way to go.

Holy crap on a stick, you really have judged this game before you've even played it haven't you lol

We get it, you've had 'issues' with other developers and you don't like the way gaming is going. To many MPs and Co-Ops blahdy blah. I personally have played ACII all the way through over a dozen times and AC:B will have a mission replay system reinstated so I can see myself playing Brotherhood a lot more.

The SP is 22 hours+ at 100%, you'll hopefully have DLC to add to that aswell so...

You waffle on about how Ubisoft are doing the wrong thing... how the hell would you know that when you haven't even played the damn game lol

Anyway, you've made your point... don't buy the game. Now shut up and take your moaning elsewhere... geez http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Slimgrin
07-24-2010, 05:43 PM
I have a point that has been made. Others have cute caricatures in their posts.

My original post goes unanswered: why bother with multiplayer when so many devs already have. Its been done, many times over. Lets move on.

Or, of course, we can all be fanboys and not criticize anything at all.

A safer move at any rate.

bokeef04
07-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Who here likes trends? I don't, not by default anyway. If everyone is doing something, it doesn't mean I should be doing it too. Tell that to all the developers who are making video clones - not video games. Each is as close to the last, so it will be recognizable, popular, and easy to sell.

Ubisoft has a right to make money. Who doesn't? Thats not my point. Is Assasin's Creed an original concept? Yes...for now. But they have proved what many hardcore gamers have said for years: sooner or later, it seems every company migrates like a bunch of mindless lemmings to what is currently popular instead of forging out on their own.

Multiplayer is popular, no question. It works alright too, if you have internet and a good connection, which is frequently not the case.

Co-op is popular, if you have internet and a good connection as well.

Here's a revolutionary, brain shattering idea: make a single player campaign with good replay value. Scrap the Mcdlc and the derivative online play. Do something that few other devs have the ingenuity to try. Make a single player game worth playing a second time around...gasp!

Or, at the very least, make it longer than 20 measly hrs. which is laughable. ME2 is around 35 hrs long, and I have played it six times over.

1. AC1 was original as there was no game like it, AC2 was less original from the start because their was already a game like it out there, AC1

2. co-op doesn't necessarily have to be online, this is what i hate, why does everything have to be online nowadays, what happened to the getting friends around and playing some split screen(I play split screen co-op every Friday night with a friend, getting harder as we are running out of games to play)

3. you talk about your posts going unanswered but you wont answer questions asked of you

4. AC:B has 2 teams working on it, one team for the SP and one team for the MP, the other factor to remember is that Ubisoft said they want everything to make sense and fit into the universe(their reason for not having co-op), so maybe this multiplayer is their way of setting up the events of AC3 without having to move away from Ezio's story

5. like other's have said, if you don't like it you don't have to play it, an Ubi rep isn't going to come around to your house and hold you at gunpoint until you play the MP, but you should hold off your judgement until you actually play the game

EzioAssassin51
07-25-2010, 02:25 AM

My original post goes unanswered: why bother with multiplayer when so many devs already have. Its been done, many times over. Lets move on.

People have answered your original post! Because this Multiplayer is new and nothing has been done like this before! It is UNIQUE! Now it's your turn to ask the same question again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Murcuseo
07-25-2010, 03:34 AM

Like most arrogant self righteous people that come on here you're only willing to listen to your side of the arguement and have no empathy for the other side. You completely ignore any response that disagrees with you or even justifies the opposite stand point. Infact, you're almost as bad as some of the religious nuts we've seen on here lol

We get that other Devs have chosen to jump on the bandwagon but like Ezio in the mountains Ubisoft have taken hold of the reins and are trying to shake off all those pesky little stereotypes.

I admit to being a fanboy yes, but I've also had plenty to moan about. Unlike you, I don't completely ignore what other people are saying just because I want my point to stay valid. As has been said above people have given you reasons to counter your points(moaning) so either address those statements in an adult fashion or keep going with this childish circular arguement and get abused by people until this topic gets closed and it falls into the vacuum that is the latter pages of this forum.

OKthxbai.

EzioAssassin51
07-25-2010, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipster212:

Like most arrogant self righteous people that come on here you're only willing to listen to your side of the arguement and have no empathy for the other side. You completely ignore any response that disagrees with you or even justifies the opposite stand point. Infact, you're almost as bad as some of the religious nuts we've seen on here lol

We get that other Devs have chosen to jump on the bandwagon but like Ezio in the mountains Ubisoft have taken hold of the reins and are trying to shake off all those pesky little stereotypes.

I admit to being a fanboy yes, but I've also had plenty to moan about. Unlike you, I don't completely ignore what other people are saying just because I want my point to stay valid. As has been said above people have given you reasons to counter your points(moaning) so either address those statements in an adult fashion or keep going with this childish circular arguement and get abused by people until this topic gets closed and it falls into the vacuum that is the latter pages of this forum.

OKthxbai. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alas, the voice of reason has spoken! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

El_Sjietah
07-25-2010, 07:15 AM

Generalising much? Just because it's multiplayer doesn't mean it can't be innovative. That's like saying "Why bother with singleplayer when so many devs already have? It's been done, many times over. Let's move on." See what I did there?

You come off as a selfcentered kid, who's mad because he doesn't have a good enough internet connection to play online and therefor doesn't want others to be able to enjoy it either.

You can go ahead and ignore me now.

bokeef04
07-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slipster212:

Generalising much? Just because it's multiplayer doesn't mean it can't be innovative. That's like saying "Why bother with singleplayer when so many devs already have? It's been done, many times over. Let's move on." See what I did there?

You come off as a selfcentered kid, who's mad because he doesn't have a good enough internet connection to play online and therefor doesn't want others to be able to enjoy it either.

You can go ahead and ignore me now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
agree with that

i know, lets play this revolutionary new game, where absolutely nothing happens

Black_Widow9
07-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums slipster212http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
If you are going to make a Topic it needs to be constructive and so do your replies to other member's posts who are answering you. Please take a moment to read over the Forum Rules. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947)
Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>