PDA

View Full Version : Hobbled ntrk controls

Stigler_9_JG52
07-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Can someone fill me in on why the Manual View Control on .ntrk playbacks has been hobbled?

By "hobbled" I mean, it limits you from navigating your way anywhere around your plane, the way the external views are limited to make it harder to (ab)use the feature for spotting, checking six.

I understand why this is done for the game... but for ntrks, you should have complete freedom to watch the action from as many vantage points as you can. That's the educational aspect of it.

Or...am I just missing something?

Retrofish
07-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Not really sure what you are asking...

I'm guessing that you want a sort freeview with no centerpoint? not attached to anything...European Airwar had this IIRC.
No such thing in FB I'm afraid.

Closest thing is a static camera I suppose and yet not so close.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Atomic_Marten
07-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Guys check this out:

Start a QMB with "Cockpit Always On", once when in game press "record" button.
After you did it, press button for Wonderwoman view (no cockpit, I think it is shift+F1 by default).

Game will record cockpit always mission with cockpit off!
And there is nothing you can do to edit that.

About your question, you can easily switch between views in game externals etc. Just be sure to hit ESC once when in game. Options will show manual time compression etc. turn that on and you can switch different views.

Saunders1953
07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
I'm not sure I follow you either. In case you aren't aware, you can use your mouse and zoom in/out and move around the plane--the plane is the centerpiece.

Tater-SW-
07-18-2005, 03:11 PM
It doesn't look any different to me at all. What view were you tyrying that didn't work? The F2 views seem the same as always, and the F3 is still flyby.

tater

Stigler_9_JG52
07-18-2005, 07:26 PM
No, no, no, this is different than in AEP and further back.

With these, I could, as you describe, use the mouse to move all around the plane, while the track played: I could sit "right behind myself" to see my gunnery and lead, I could, zoom out and see "how that con snuck up on me from out of the sun", I could watch action from a belly view, an over the cockpit view, or along the wing lines.

Now, I can't freely move around the plane. The rear view is clearly restricted, much as it is in game play, and I can't fluidly move my viewpoint as before. It's clearly different.

Retrofish
07-18-2005, 07:42 PM
As far as I know there has never been any difference in the way view controls work in game and when playing back a track.

You're not mixing up FB with some other game?

Hiriyu
07-18-2005, 07:50 PM
Must be something configuration related on your end. Camera controls are just fine on my 4.01 install, no different than they ever were.