PDA

View Full Version : PF "cockpit off" helper sight request

NorrisMcWhirter
10-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi,

No doubt the self-appointed FR chest-beaters will turn up in droves for this one but is it possible to toggle the annoying cockpit off 'helper sight' in PF so as to revert back to that of FB/AEP?

That floating ball really gets on my tits; wouldn't it be more intuitive to have that come on through some sight toggling?

Also, there are a number of popular cockpit off servers which won't be too chuffed about having that floating about.

Cheers,
Norris

Lateralus_14
10-26-2004, 04:38 PM
I concur.

Cossack13
10-27-2004, 07:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
No doubt the self-appointed FR chest-beaters will turn up in droves for this one... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Isn't it amazing how some folks have to get "snippy" about what difficulty settings other people use?

Unless you're trying to make some choices for me, I'll never understand why this is such a big deal.

ELEM
10-27-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm with you Norris. How do we turn that mother off?

SeaFireLIV
10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NorrisMcWhirter:
Hi,

No doubt the self-appointed FR chest-beaters will turn up <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RAAAGHHH! (while beating chest gorilla style in a self-appointed way)! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

NorrisMcWhirter
10-27-2004, 10:55 AM
^ hehe..

The chest beating comment wasn't being snippy..it was being sarky (sorry, I'm British - it's there by default in the genes).

Many moons ago, I made posts *against* people who were telling others that they were some sub-species because they used cockpit on or cockpit off - I'm an advocate of people making their own choices...so apologies for the defensive stance made http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Cheers,
Norris

SeaFireLIV
10-27-2004, 12:17 PM
nah, no problem, m8!

adriatic
10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
I don't like that also, it is hard to shot at small targets like flak...

On/of option is needed...

NorrisMcWhirter
10-30-2004, 05:24 AM
*bump*

Moderators - any comment on whether this might be implemented?

Cheers,
Norris

DuxCorvan
10-30-2004, 06:02 AM
This is copy-and-pasted from other thread, but I think I should ask it here, too:

Is there an option to have those little arrows signing the bandits with cockpit on? I like cockpit view, but since I have no TrackIR and don't feel comfortable with locked targets, I find really hard to have a tactical awareness as a real pilot -with a moving head- would have.
It's the mid-difficulty option I miss most, since cockpit view is, in fact, HARDER than the real thing.

Hando2004
10-30-2004, 08:47 AM
I think the little "floating ball" is very annoying.Let's hope you can toggle this off in the first patch.

NorrisMcWhirter
10-30-2004, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
This is copy-and-pasted from other thread, but I think I should ask it here, too:

Is there an option to have those little arrows signing the bandits with cockpit on? I like cockpit view, but since I have no TrackIR and don't feel comfortable with locked targets, I find really hard to have a tactical awareness as a real pilot -with a moving head- would have.
It's the mid-difficulty option I miss most, since cockpit view is, in fact, HARDER than the real thing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've asked about this one before, m8, and had a lot of stick for it.

Basically, I see no problem with it being an option and I think it would be a welcome addition to non-cheaters...er...non-trackIR http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif users and something which would overcome the limitation of the view we have.

Cheers,
Norris

Hando2004
11-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Still no option for this post patch. Let's hope the new patch this week has it.

dannyworkman
11-21-2004, 09:35 PM
i hooked up a cordless mouse and use that as turning my head.mouse on left, joystick in middle, mouse on the right

Stiglr
11-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, you don't wanna hear it, but the simplest solution is to stop pretending the pit doesn't exist and fly with it on.

No more annoying arcade stuff floating around in your face.

It had to be said.

WOLFMondo
11-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Do you use trackIR Stiglr?

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Ahh, the disconcerting sound of crickets

Stiglr
11-22-2004, 10:11 AM
WOLF_Mondo asked:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you use trackIR Stiglr? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I don't. Just a hat switch. It's all you need. TrackIR is a nice aid, really it is, but it is not absolutely necessary. If you can afford it, great. But, to think you "have to have it" to be competitive is overstating its value.

As for the pit, the argument comes down to this: yes, pits with "static" head viewpoints are a bit restrictive, but then so were WWII-style canopies. If the choice is between 1) Deal with the obstruction through banking or mentally "telegraphing" where the enemy is going or 2) Just pretending the pit and fuse and wings aren't there, because it's more convenient, I choose the former.

http://www.naysayers.com/9jg52/wonderwoman.gif