PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 7 and the Mediterranean Defense Sidequest

kupocake
11-22-2011, 05:21 PM
Ok, so I've found myself outside of Constantinople in the Templar's snazzy caves (Cappadocia) and I spent about half an hour trying to figure out what I actually had to do (It'd sure be nice if, when the objective is 'find a perch to synch with', the actual objective text didn't say 'go find group X'. Boy did I look silly).

This has landed me in hot soup with the ever irritating Mediterranean Defense game, which now informs me that (because my 40 strong team of assassins is incapable of even urinating without my explicit direction) Athens is under attack by the Templars. Which is lovely, but last time I swung by the bomb synthesis point on the map, I didn't see a pigeon roost...

So:
1) Is it possible to command my idiotic army during Sequence 7?
2) Do I stand to lose every city and almost every assassin I cultivated in this minigame if I cannot get to a place from which to command them?

---

As an aside: does anyone else particularly despise the Mediterranean Defense sidequest? It's like a plate-spinning simulator slap bang in the middle of an open world third-person action game. Or worse, it's like Roman Bellic fornicated with an excel spreadsheet.

nash_trickster
11-23-2011, 12:32 AM
1) Is it possible to command my idiotic army during Sequence 7? No it's not.

2) Do I stand to lose every city and almost every assassin I cultivated in this minigame if I cannot get to a place from which to command them? No you won't... The city will simply remain "under siege" and you won't get any money or other additionnal items from it, that's all. You won't lose the city, nor the assassins assigned to it.
The only way to lose a city is to fail the Defense mission, and that means accessing a control point first and starting this mission first. So... No sweat here!

As an aside: does anyone else particularly despise the Mediterranean Defense sidequest? It's like a plate-spinning simulator slap bang in the middle of an open world third-person action game. Or worse, it's like Roman Bellic fornicated with an excel spreadsheet. While I'm not fond on the game mechanics of it, I do like the slight broadening of spectrum it brings... While Ezio's following his own goals, he also takes the time to act as the "generalissimo" of the assassins...

Kytr
11-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Technically, it should be possible. You cannot do it within sequence 7, but should be able to access an earlier memory via DNA when you are not actively in a memory. If you select a memory that does not force you to stick to that one (for instance Sequence 6, memory 2), you should be able to go to a bomb station and update your Med Defense. I didn't test this at the time -- I thought of it after I got back and found that every city was just short of revolt. It took forever to stabalize things again.

kupocake
11-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks all http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif