PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.03 Not Working

Knightjet
12-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I just bought ACB brand new. When I get to the screen which says "Game saves at certain points- Press Start" it freezes when it gets to the loading screen and then it says the disc is dirty or damaged, which it is not.

I have the fat 80gb launch ps3.

I tried searching for this issue but with no success, I believe this patch just doesn't work.

It says the game is 4gb to install on my ps3, but when I delete it to try and re-install it, it is only 213mb.

Any thoughts?

Knightjet
12-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Anyone got any ideas?

LordWolv
12-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I can't be much help because I'm an Xbox, but actually I've had the same issue. I can fix it quite easily by taking the disc out and brushing it with a soft cloth. Of course, it's always possible you brought a dodgey disc or your PS3 is breaking. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Knightjet
12-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Well I exchanged the disc, still have the problem.

Ps3 can read every other game just fine so I am really stumped on this issue.

From what I can guess now its the patch.

I don't get the chance to install the game, it goes straight to the patch where as other games when just purchased install THEN look for a patch.

Knightjet
12-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Well I have narrowed down the problem.

The patch won't let me install the game. Can't get around that unless Ubisoft does something about it.

Looks like the customer can't play unless you get it on day 1.

Keighvin
12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Well, why don't you delete any ACB data from you system, disconnect it from the internet, install the game and then reconnect the internet.

Knightjet
12-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Keighvin:
Well, why don't you delete any ACB data from you system, disconnect it from the internet, install the game and then reconnect the internet.

I actually got this whole thing worked out.

You have to actually select the "quick format" option on the ps3.

Saved all my games on my usb and did it.

Brotherhood works now.