PDA

View Full Version : New AI models please

blakduk
03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Can we convince the developers of these games to put in some wildcard AI that flies just the way i do?
As i exist in this universe, so there should be an AI version of me that does the following things:
1) Gets into a perfect kill position only to overrun the bandit and quickly become the hunted
2) His aircraft will spontaneously go into a flat spin just as he spots the enemy (as he fails to turn off time compression before disengaging the autopilot)
3) His flying will seem to suddenly deteriorate as he loses his immersion because his wife starts nagging him to do some trivial chores (such as feeding himself/family, or putting out a fire in the kitchen from his neglected cooking etc)
4) He can shoot like a sharpshooter but bounces all around his formation like a ferret with parkinsons disease, simply because he's useless at formation flying
5) He NEVER takes off in a straight line like the rest of his squadron
6) He has been observed to fly full-throttle with his undercarriage down for nearly a full mission
7) The flight leader constantly curses him for flying in the wrong direction
8) and finally, he flys to the 'elbow', lines up the sights, then overcorrects and spins into the ground (especially in a MIG-3)!!!
This would add to the realism i think.

blakduk
03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Can we convince the developers of these games to put in some wildcard AI that flies just the way i do?
As i exist in this universe, so there should be an AI version of me that does the following things:
1) Gets into a perfect kill position only to overrun the bandit and quickly become the hunted
2) His aircraft will spontaneously go into a flat spin just as he spots the enemy (as he fails to turn off time compression before disengaging the autopilot)
3) His flying will seem to suddenly deteriorate as he loses his immersion because his wife starts nagging him to do some trivial chores (such as feeding himself/family, or putting out a fire in the kitchen from his neglected cooking etc)
4) He can shoot like a sharpshooter but bounces all around his formation like a ferret with parkinsons disease, simply because he's useless at formation flying
5) He NEVER takes off in a straight line like the rest of his squadron
6) He has been observed to fly full-throttle with his undercarriage down for nearly a full mission
7) The flight leader constantly curses him for flying in the wrong direction
8) and finally, he flys to the 'elbow', lines up the sights, then overcorrects and spins into the ground (especially in a MIG-3)!!!
This would add to the realism i think.

turnipkiller
03-06-2005, 08:09 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

chaikanut
03-07-2005, 05:54 AM
Dont forget lining up for a shot and flying straight through the enemy instead. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

womenfly
03-07-2005, 07:29 AM
9. Diving at the enemy aircraft from 30,000 feet, firing for 5 minutes, finally flaming him only to realize his altitude was 100 feet AGL and you slam into the ground on pull out. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Saunders1953
03-07-2005, 08:06 AM
LOL--you and I could fly co-op! A variation on Womenfly's comment: diving from a good altitude advantage on a bomber formation only to completely misjudge speed, angle, and everything else and ending up BELOW the formation and on its six! This happens to me almost everytime! I suck!

blakduk
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
I recall reading many years ago about one of the first missions a Hurricane pilot flew in the BOB- he described hearing 'tally-ho' etc, trying to follow his leader, barrell rolling instead and finding he'd lost 2,000 feet and couldnt see anyone.
When i read that i remember thinking 'What a clown!'. Having played these modern simulations all i can think is 'How did they survive long enough to learn?'

-HH- Beebop
03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blakduk:
6) He has been observed to fly full-throttle with his undercarriage down for nearly a full mission... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

6a) After takeoff flys with his flaps down until they jam, which happens just as they enter the combat zone.

3.JG51_BigBear
03-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Turns the smoke on without realizing it and tries to covertly get into good attack postion.

jimmie_T
03-07-2005, 11:50 PM
determined to fly an energy bird, after head on, when bandits pass him by, murmuring what you were taught in the ground school: "Gentle turn, gentle climb, be gentle on the stick...", making a reeeeealy big faaaaast gentle turn, looking back, your squadron finshed off all bandits far low below / realized ace AIs already on your six even though you made a fast gentle turn, end is near.

jimmie_T
03-07-2005, 11:54 PM
ignore ATC, land. (I want this!)