PDA

View Full Version : Hey Oleg, Idea for something new that's NOT an airplane, ship or tank!

faelas
04-05-2006, 05:12 PM
You know those great descriptions of planes and vehicles in the object viewer? It would be really cool if there were more of those! I love reading about the history of these objects. As an American, the history of the Russian and european planes is especially interesting. I think it would be a great feature to advertise too: "...including histories and origins of the various aircraft..."

You probly have your own people to do that for you, but if you want just let me know. I'd be glad to help, the research would be fun! Maybe a feature for BoB as well??

faelas
04-05-2006, 05:12 PM
You know those great descriptions of planes and vehicles in the object viewer? It would be really cool if there were more of those! I love reading about the history of these objects. As an American, the history of the Russian and european planes is especially interesting. I think it would be a great feature to advertise too: "...including histories and origins of the various aircraft..."

You probly have your own people to do that for you, but if you want just let me know. I'd be glad to help, the research would be fun! Maybe a feature for BoB as well??

VW-IceFire
04-05-2006, 05:23 PM
They have already shot down that sort of suggestion several times. I guess its more complicated than its worth to them. That said...I have a community oriented suggestion.

Do that sort of thing as a website. It wouldn't consume that much space so hosting it somewhere wouldn't be a huge problem (maybe one of the community flight sim portals would agree to host it when it was completed).

Still..this would largely be redundant as most of this information for tanks, vehicles, aircraft, and whatnot is already on Wikipedia. Thats what its for...perhaps add some information there if you've got it and time.

So in further refining my idea...maybe someone would be willing to setup a Wiki specifically for the game and go from there.