PDA

View Full Version : Playing as Special Forces

TedStriker527
09-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Rise of a Soldier was awesome because it forced you to gain experience in order to play as a Special Forces Operator. I'm curious to see if that feature will still remain. Has anyone heard if this feature will be True Soldiers?

TedStriker527
09-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Rise of a Soldier was awesome because it forced you to gain experience in order to play as a Special Forces Operator. I'm curious to see if that feature will still remain. Has anyone heard if this feature will be True Soldiers?

RawKryptonite
09-21-2007, 01:34 PM
I'd like to know about the ranks as well.
In the recent article, they say that the M4 goes to the team leader, so it could be that there is no special forces level in this one.

Another question I have is what the teams will look like? Will they all appear as Army soldiers (doesn't make much sense) or will one team be some indigenous forces with a different appearance and weapon load out, like in ROAS?

TedStriker527
09-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Well, if this game sucks after ROAS kicked *** I am boycotting all Ubisoft games. My only word of advice for game makers is, when you have a winning formula don't try to improve it because you will just f^%$ it up.

HomelandWarrior
09-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I would like to know if it's officially only in MP or can we be promoted to SF operator in SP/offline as well?

RawKryptonite
09-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I think the rank does carry over between SP & MP this time, unlike ROAS. They mentioned how you'd get the most experience by playing both.

I'd like to know if skill points will be limited again, like in ROAS. IMO, it was a good decision to make people decide HOW to specialize. I don't want super soldiers that can do it all at the top level, you know?

HomelandWarrior
09-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Yea, the system works well and the points system worked well and like Kryptonite said, not letting you be able to max out all the skills is smart, making you decide what soldier platform you want to build. Wish there was a few more choices than 5 in TS, though.

TW_Night_Fox
10-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, I know Randy has been browsing these forums alot in the past couple of hours. It would be nice to have his input on the subject, whether he knows anything or not. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif