PDA

View Full Version : CM11 game/tutorial great - can't "watch" online games yet

YankeeJeff
11-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I am really exited about this software. It's beautiful, the tutorials are great, and the online area has great potential. Unfortunately, right now I am able to log on but not able to view the games that are in progress. Anyone else having this problem? Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

SSBN617
11-17-2007, 10:04 PM
There might not have been any games in progress when You logged in. Otherwise it seems like the online play works fine.

YankeeJeff
11-18-2007, 07:15 AM
There was a game in progress but the watch button was greyed out. I just read the instructions however, and now realize that some games can be private (invisible to others) and other games can have limits on the number of spectators. What is weird is that I can see that there is a game in the competition list box. If it were private, wouldn't it not show up?

Orcafied
11-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Hello YankeeJeff,

As it was stated in another thread, when you see some games grayed out, it means that you cannot connect to that game (to play or watch it) due to the network setup of your(or host) machine (he is behind a firewall most of the cases). In that case, the game appear grayed-out and the Join and Watch buttons are inactive.

If the game would have been private, you would not have seen it in the list.

YankeeJeff
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the replies....

Update: I have McAfee installed. So I opened the ports specified in the manual and it seems to be working now. I just got my beginner *** kicked twice to prove it. Cheers

Pg 31 of the manual: Configuring the network states that one should open the following ports:
TCP: 668, 40000-42999
UDP: 41006, 44000, 45000, 45001, 17110

It pays to read the directions -LOL