PDA

View Full Version : Lost my tracks

Freelancer-1
06-13-2005, 09:40 AM
I installed not only the patch but the new 5.6 Cats as well.

Time for some benchmarking, see how the frame rates are holding up.

I had made a number of custom .TRK files that I've been using for a while now. They won't play now. The .NTRK's are still fine, but I knew these other tracks inside out and backwards. I knew exactly what the fps was for each part of them.

Do I need to start over?

Anyone have a solution?

Freelancer

Chuck_Older
06-13-2005, 09:48 AM
You lose tracks when you upgrade to the new version, or at least, I always have. It's the format the tracks are recorded in that is the problem, if I recall

EURO_Snoopy
06-13-2005, 10:11 AM
Always convert valued tracks to NTRK format to avoid losing them after an upgrade

Freelancer-1
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
A little late for me, but thanks for the answers guys.

Now, at least I know for the future.

Uh...how do you change the tag? Just retype it as an ntrk or is there a conversion utility?

Freelancer

EURO_Snoopy
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
You need to define a key for 'quick/start save track' recording. Then play track and hit that key to record in NTRK format the track will be saved as Quicknnn.ntrk where nnn is the number of Quick tracks you have. locate, rename and voila!

fabianfred
06-13-2005, 04:44 PM
before upgrading witha patch always copy your il2 folder to a 'new folder' in your UBI folder

then if you want go back to look at tracks or convert them, just swap the folders over http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Call_me_Kanno
06-13-2005, 07:06 PM
NTRK is the way to go. Speaking of tracks, are there some new ones in there from 1C since the 4.0? I don't recall seeing the Beau fighter vs N1K, Night stuka, Master_Landing and few others before. Maybe I just didn't look close enough either.