PDA

View Full Version : Sparx and Warclouds may run BoB server Septh 15th, but need help with maps/missions

Mysticpuma2003
08-17-2005, 11:07 AM
Guys, it seems that we could see a historical day on the Warclouds server going back to the heady days of WW2 and the Battle of Britain, but Sparx needs someone to come up with some historical maps/missions to use on the server.

Maybe Stuka attacks on shipping or radar stations, He-111 missions bomb running.

The only compromise woiuld be the addition of a Spitfire Vc balanced with a 109-F4, but we/he needs some maps ASAP to achieve this server experience. The full thread is here:

http://www.war-clouds.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=423

Cheers, Puma.

LeadSpitter_
08-17-2005, 11:49 AM
why not use just the hurrican and spitvc2 the e7 rather the the f4 which outclasses the 41 spit floppin stall mobile in every catagorie? just a thought.

or maybe use the p40b c as a substitude for spitfire so the emil can be used. Bob just stinks without a mk1a were all going to buy BOB i dont see why they just dont add a spit mk1 to this game.

emil has nothing to fight against equally except the p40 b c, hurricane i16 i153 and mig3.

even a p36 and h75 flyable for some france scenarios would improve this game so much and a france map if oleg does not want to give us a britian map.

Fox_4
08-17-2005, 11:57 AM
What about limited numbers of spitfires allowed to be in use at any one time, but unlimited hurricanes of an appropriate type, vs. Emils?

NorrisMcWhirter
08-17-2005, 12:20 PM
^ because no one adheres to that and they all end up flying Spits 5 microseconds after the map begins.

Seriously, we hosted a full-real BoB tribute on UK Dedicated last September and ran into the same problems. It took a lot of effort to get people to take Hurricanes although it shouldn't have because they are fast at alt.

Trying to govern aircraft numbers is the same for when the 262 is involved (if you can find a server with any) although, with that, at least you have the entertainment of people who think, 'Ah...I'll take the jet and make life easy for myself' torching the engines every attempt at takeoff before ****ging the 262 and picking an La7, instead.

Aircraft quotas, although possible in some way with the FMB circle tool thingy, is a sorely missed item for DF servers. Quite why a similar interface to that of co-op wasn't used, I don't know.

Ta,
Norris

PS: Sparx & co: If you want to post over at UK-D's forum (http://www.battle-fields.com) we'd be more than happy to supply some info on what we attempted.