PDA

View Full Version : Just a few small requests for perfection

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Regarding track playback and recording...

There is a bug in quick track recording. Sometimes when playing back a quick track, aircraft are not firing when they were originally. Sometimes firing is locked and continuos where it was not before. I think this happens during the recording stage and not playback, so I think the bug is in recording.

Also, please can we have cockpit view for all flyable aircraft in track playback. F1 view please. All other views are available but not F1. Can we have this please Mr Maddox? Also can we switch icons off on track playback?

Finally. During track playback would it be possible (for computers with high memory) to buffer say 20-30 seconds of positional and physics data so that we could rewind the track to -20 to -30 seconds?? Rewind would simply be the best feature imaginable in track playback.

Thankyou for your time Oleg.
I know you are an extremely busy Gentleman.
S!

<center>http://www.appy55.dsl.pipex.com/FB/squigsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 01:25 PM
Regarding track playback and recording...

There is a bug in quick track recording. Sometimes when playing back a quick track, aircraft are not firing when they were originally. Sometimes firing is locked and continuos where it was not before. I think this happens during the recording stage and not playback, so I think the bug is in recording.

Also, please can we have cockpit view for all flyable aircraft in track playback. F1 view please. All other views are available but not F1. Can we have this please Mr Maddox? Also can we switch icons off on track playback?

Finally. During track playback would it be possible (for computers with high memory) to buffer say 20-30 seconds of positional and physics data so that we could rewind the track to -20 to -30 seconds?? Rewind would simply be the best feature imaginable in track playback.

Thankyou for your time Oleg.
I know you are an extremely busy Gentleman.
S!

<center>http://www.appy55.dsl.pipex.com/FB/squigsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Bee you emm pee!!

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 03:35 PM
1. "There is a bug in quick track recording. Sometimes when playing back a quick track, aircraft are not firing when they were originally. Sometimes firing is locked and continuous where it was not before. I think this happens during the recording stage and not playback, so I think the bug is in recording."

The thought on this is... a person is expecting more out of the record feature than it is capable of. Meaning, if you are pausing, changing speeds and/or switching views, you may wind up with a corrupt record. I do not believe I have had a corrupt record if i just flew, saved, then reviewed. But, for instance, if I was practicing gunnery, and made a deflection shot, then paused, switched views to enemy plane, and 'walked in' the shot (pause, stop, pause, stop, etc) to see its trajectory, I may wind up with a bad record.

2. "Also, please can we have cockpit view for all flyable aircraft in track playback. F1 view please. All other views are available but not F1. Can we have this please Mr Maddox?"

You must mean if we can have the cockpit view from the other flyable planes that the AI are piloting, besides the one you are in?

Or, do you mean like for online. A cockpit cam view of the other person's plane? (I had always wished we had a cam view of all online players for after death.)

(Because, we currently have cockpit view of our own plane in the present recorder. Unless, if you use no-cockpit, it does not allow the cockpit view of your own plane, which, would make sense, and that is what you are referring to. So, 'I' was not sure what you wanted. Clarify, please. )

3. "Also can we switch icons off on track playback?"

Yes, I have thought about asking for this on a couple of occasions myself. It has been requested in the past. It would be nice. - I think I heard that you could edit the recorded file to remove the display of icons. I never investigated because it was not that important to me

4. "Finally. During track playback would it be possible (for computers with high memory) to buffer say 20-30 seconds of positional and physics data so that we could rewind the track to -20 to -30 seconds?? Rewind would simply be the best feature imaginable in track playback."

Yes, requested in the past, also. This, by itself, would be a big plus for the recorder. It would be a very welcomed addition, indeed.

I, too, would like a better recorder. However, it is not that important to me. (Available resources, etc.) Good luck, though. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<p align="center">http://forums.ubi.com/i/icons/Symbols/symbol-us-flag.gif </br></br><font size="1" color="white"><u>RealKill</u></font></p><font size="1" color="#59626B">

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
bump this, and he means can we see an F1 view from inside the other planes when playing on or offline, but only on the track playback, not actually in game (as this would be a disadvantage to pilots). We make movies you see, and this is important. Thanks.

<center>http://www.aqqm31.dsl.pipex.com/Mysticpuma.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 09:35 AM
bump again...look pay attention, this is important thanks!

<center>http://www.aqqm31.dsl.pipex.com/Mysticpuma.jpg