PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Aussies

smarovitch
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
OGN (Oceanic Gaming Network) are attempting to gain an understanding of the depth of the Australian IL2 player base in order to come to a decision on whether or not to establish locally based, publicly accessible IL2 games servers and extend the service to squads to have their own IL2 game server environments as well.

This is of great interest to myself (|450|emigre) and the squad that I fly with 450 Squadron because we are attempting to source game server hosting services for ourselves. Also, I'd like to see local players have a greater range of locally supplied servers to play the game on.

Could you all kindly register with the OGN forum and post your support for the provision of locally supplied hosting services for the public and/or your squad (which ever option you think is relevant to you. Go for both if you want).

http://forums.ogn.com.au/showthread.php?t=55476

By the way, I'm not affiliated with OGN in anyway, shape or form.

smarovitch
07-08-2008, 05:51 PM
OGN (Oceanic Gaming Network) are attempting to gain an understanding of the depth of the Australian IL2 player base in order to come to a decision on whether or not to establish locally based, publicly accessible IL2 games servers and extend the service to squads to have their own IL2 game server environments as well.

This is of great interest to myself (|450|emigre) and the squad that I fly with 450 Squadron because we are attempting to source game server hosting services for ourselves. Also, I'd like to see local players have a greater range of locally supplied servers to play the game on.

Could you all kindly register with the OGN forum and post your support for the provision of locally supplied hosting services for the public and/or your squad (which ever option you think is relevant to you. Go for both if you want).

By the way, I'm not affiliated with OGN in anyway, shape or form.

WTE_Galway
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smarovitch:

By the way, I'm not affiliated with OGN in anyway, shape or form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe talk to WTE ...

http://wte-anga.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=MDForum&file=index

also repost this in the squadron forum if you have not already

smarovitch
07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I've registered with the WTE forum. As soon as I get the golden stamp I'll post it up.

WTE_Pharoah
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
hopefully OGN will put up a mod-friendly server with actual custom battles/maps

smarovitch
07-09-2008, 04:47 AM
This is very much a possibility. OGN indicated, in the discussions that I had with them last night, that the intention was to run several servers of differing realism.

OGN will be looking to the IL2 community to self manage the public servers so if the general community wants a mod server, then there's a good chance, that's what the community will get.

Hey Galway, can you my subscription to your forum approved so I can post please.