PDA

View Full Version : Some of those "small things you love"

Azula2005
08-25-2011, 06:48 AM
We all have those minor things that everyone likes, whether it's the sound that the hidden blades make while going out, or the little eagle beak on the hood..but to some people it makes a BIG difference

E.G
Something small that makes a big defference to me is..Ezio's beard
I always thought it was cool how hair would never grow on the scar.

But now i love the new FROSTED beard Ezio has
http://www.lansports.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Screen-shot-2011-06-07-at-9.01.47-AM.png

It may sound stupid to you.. but, eh if Ezio didn't have that beard he would be a stranger to me.

What's something that you think doesn't stand in the spotlight too much but still makes a difference? Remember in other peoples eyes it won't matter at all

My friend says that the way Altair walks will always be unique and should be Copyrighted http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Xanatos2007
08-25-2011, 07:39 AM
I miss the distinctive sound of the hidden blade from AC1 when you perform an assassination. Why'd they remove that? The hidden blade in future instalments seemed like a "meh" switchblade than an iconic tool of the trade.

luckyto
08-25-2011, 08:14 AM
The pigeons flying off near Leaps of Faiths... the Eagle which circles the viewpoints... the sound of the wind in AC1 when you climb high enough...

GallopRider
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I miss the distinctive sound of the hidden blade from AC1 when you perform an assassination.

THIS!! I totally miss that sound. And the "assassination failed" blade sound.

SixKeys
08-25-2011, 08:57 AM
Agreed on the hidden blade sound. I was so disappointed when I started playing AC2 and it wasn't there. I think they brought it back for ACB though?

The way Alta´r will sometimes muffle his victim's cries with his hand and then softly lay down his limp body. (I think this only works in high profile.) It just looks cool and more natural than just standing there waiting while your victim keels over on his own.

The little NPC animations, especially in ACB. A group of friends having a picnic, two girls braiding each other's hair, two lovers stargazing etc.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Agreed on the hidden blade sound. I was so disappointed when I started playing AC2 and it wasn't there. I think they brought it back for ACB though?

The way Alta´r will sometimes muffle his victim's cries with his hand and then softly lay down his limp body. (I think this only works in high profile.) It just looks cool and more natural than just standing there waiting while your victim keels over on his own.

The little NPC animations, especially in ACB. A group of friends having a picnic, two girls braiding each other's hair, two lovers stargazing etc.
I don't particularly miss the hidden blade sound. It was way too loud.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
I miss the distinctive sound of the hidden blade from AC1 when you perform an assassination. Why'd they remove that? The hidden blade in future instalments seemed like a "meh" switchblade than an iconic tool of the trade.
The fact of the matter is, if you normally took out the blade in AC1, it didn't make any unusual sound. It just made a quiet "snick".
Then all of a sudden if you do a high profile kill with it, there's a random "SHING" sound effect.

It's a stealthy weapon. I don't want to hear loud sounds when I use it.

I'm glad that in Revelations they seem to have gone away from it entirely, and are now focusing on making the landing from an air assassinate have an appropriate thump.

I really am happy with the normal "snickt" sound.

But yeah, my favorite little thing would have to be the crowd dialogue.

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 10:48 AM
I have alot of things, but this is really minor, I like in ACB how the horse I last rode is my primary horse that I can call wherever I'm at.
I assassinated a guard on horseback & took his decked out horse & got partial to it. I named it Horta. lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
In ACII you can't call a horse (yet - I'm sequence 7/Venice) & you get random horses if you need one.
I rode that one so long that outside Ezio's hideout, that one ended up outside the door w/ the white horse there. =D

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
We all have those minor things that everyone likes, whether it's the sound that the hidden blades make while going out, or the little eagle beak on the hood..but to some people it makes a BIG difference

E.G

http://www.lansports.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Screen-shot-2011-06-07-at-9.01.47-AM.png

It may sound stupid to you.. but, eh if Ezio didn't have that beard he would be a stranger to me.

What's something that you think doesn't stand in the spotlight too much but still makes a difference? Remember in other peoples eyes it won't matter at all

My friend says that the way Altair walks will always be unique and should be Copyrighted http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Speaking of the hood, what I thought was a huge improvement is the lined design on the back of it. It looks alot better in ACB from the back.

& ya, that picture is amazing. Christina screwed up badly letting that one get away to keep that geek she picked instead. o_0

zabaranak
08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
i love the sound you make when you perform a leap of the faith, its like the eagle thing and also when you run in high profile, the sound of his boots...basically i love everything!

Grandmaster_Z
08-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by luckyto:
The pigeons flying off near Leaps of Faiths... the Eagle which circles the viewpoints... the sound of the wind in AC1 when you climb high enough...

yes!!!!

samward
08-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
I have alot of things, but this is really minor, I like in ACB how the horse I last rode is my primary horse that I can call wherever I'm at.
I assassinated a guard on horseback & took his decked out horse & got partial to it. I named it Horta. lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
In ACII you can't call a horse (yet - I'm sequence 7/Venice) & you get random horses if you need one.
I rode that one so long that outside Ezio's hideout, that one ended up outside the door w/ the white horse there. =D

I agree 100% I ride the same horse as well and I have grown rather attached! heheh

Also agree with who every said the noise of the leap of faith. LOVE that.

Another thing I really like that is small, is his shadow. I love how you can see Ezio's shadow when he running or climbing and how it reacts to where the sun is in the sky. Or his reflection when he walking threw a puddle and how his clothes get wet and stay wet for a while when his has been in the water.... hahah... so many goooooood things! But I will stop my rambling. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

luckyto
08-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Yes, his shadow. I just started to really notice that the other day, and it is really accurate. I now make a point to angle myself so my shadow casts down on the street below...

I love throwing a guard off a high building and watching from above as passers-by react.

Assassin_M
08-25-2011, 12:57 PM
The crowd in The Damascus Market, Man .. its another world in there..

Rakudaton
08-25-2011, 01:25 PM
The sound it plays in AC2 and B when you synchronise on a viewpoint: DUN-DUNNNN... DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNnnnnnn...

The rush of wind when Ezio dives off a high building in Venice.

The satisfying rapport of the Brotherhood hidden gun.

The hidden blade execution where Ezio spins 360 degrees in the air like a spinning top, landing and slicing open their throat.

"Auf wiedersehen... Ha ha -- that's French!" Renaissance Italian doctors, we shall never see their like again.

D.I.D.
08-25-2011, 01:58 PM
The graphic design of the menus, and the way they feed into the White Room, the test chambers, and the sync glitches of people and area edges in the game. Love everything about those - the best interface in a game, and a great integration with the logical limits of the world.

Sevenofnine-st
08-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I love doing the viewpoints in AC2 and ACB and to me it never gets old. The music is a great part of it and it gives me goosebumps every time it plays while we get the 360 view. And the leap of faith is always fun to do. But the best is making Ezio swan dive... I loved Venice for that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I also love the NPCs and the way they interact, except for the beggars and the bards which I always feel like punching when they get in Ezio's way.

And since some people have been mentioning Ezio's horse, has anyone noticed that if Ezio is wearing a white outfit in ACB, he usually gets a white horse but if you switch to, let's say, Altair's armour, he'll get a black one? It happened to me a couple of times and I was wondering if it's just a coincidence...

Cpt_Yanni
08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
The sound of the hidden gun in the pantheon...

fanofthecreed
08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
My favorite thing is when he gets blood on his sword or clothing. The most notable one was when he does the dual hidden blade multi stabs to the stomach and the blood goes on his boots. It would be cool if there was an option to make the blood stay on longer or at least for the sword have an animation to wipe of the sword unstead of the blood disappearing mysteriously.

trueguitarist95
08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
The main melody of "Tour of Venice", I loved hearing that song whenever I would just run around Venice.

On stealthy missions, I would try to evade guards by holding down RT+A to crouch, then sprint to another wall and crouch. It was really fun and I wish there was an actual croushing option.

kriegerdesgottes
08-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:

I don't particularly miss the hidden blade sound. It was way too loud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

Azula2005
08-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
The crowd in The Damascus Market, Man .. its another world in there..

Don't even get me started about that place...*shivers*

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
The sound it plays in AC2 and B when you synchronise on a viewpoint: DUN-DUNNNN... DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNnnnnnn...

The rush of wind when Ezio dives off a high building in Venice.

The satisfying rapport of the Brotherhood hidden gun.

The hidden blade execution where Ezio spins 360 degrees in the air like a spinning top, landing and slicing open their throat.

"Auf wiedersehen... Ha ha -- that's French!" Renaissance Italian doctors, we shall never see their like again.

I always picked a high place in a certain city that played my favorite music in ACB (City of Rome) -
alot of times I'd just perch up on a high spot, turn on Eagle Vision & just take it all in.
I never experienced that in a game before - it really gave me an intense feeling.
I could of just stayed there forever.

Stuff like that makes me fall in love with a game - I play alot of times to just get lost in them and this is the best series. Offering a little of everything.

AdmiralPerry
08-25-2011, 06:13 PM
There are many good "minor" things that make this game unique. Without them, it wouldn't be Assassin's Creed anymore. I hear the OP on how Ezio would look like a total stranger without the beard; it's the same way with my grandfather. If he shaved his beard, I wouldn't recognize him, and it wouldn't be right.

I suppose the thing I like is the sound Ezio's boots make when he runs on a tile roof. Hearing the tiles click under me is a nice little touch. I think it did for Altair, too, but since there's not much tile on the roofs in the Holy Land... Another thing I like is how when you dive underwater, the voices of the people around you are slightly muffled, like it would be if you were underwater. I thought that was a nice way to pay attention to detail.

DarthEzio55
08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
i love it when ever you assassinate someone major in ac2/acb , your surroundings "collapse", and you go into the white animus room. not sure if that was in Ac1 though

SporkedGamer
08-25-2011, 06:23 PM
The sound from AC1 when you synchronize on top of a view point. Out of all the games, it's the one from that game that I like the most.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 06:28 PM
I enjoy the animus collapse effect too, and I also enjoy how when standing on a slope, ezio and altair have stances that make sense for the slope. Now if only the animated differently when walking down/up the steps, that would be my favorite little thing.

But the most important thing is that the controls for walking are tight, and though AC doesn't have as many contextual walking animations as say, Red Dead Redemption, at least you have a really precise amount of control in AC, whereas in Red Dead just walking through a door frame can be a challenge.

kriegerdesgottes
08-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I enjoy the animus collapse effect too, and I also enjoy how when standing on a slope, ezio and altair have stances that make sense for the slope. Now if only the animated differently when walking down/up the steps, that would be my favorite little thing.

But the most important thing is that the controls for walking are tight, and though AC doesn't have as many contextual walking animations as say, Red Dead Redemption, at least you have a really precise amount of control in AC, whereas in Red Dead just walking through a door frame can be a challenge.

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with that, The movement controls for me on AC are top notch compared to any game. RDR as perfect as it was, struggled big time in that department.

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with that, The movement controls for me on AC are top notch compared to any game. RDR as perfect as it was, struggled big time in that department.

@ Krieg -
that's so true. One of the worst areas for that was {SPOILER ALERT} when he went to bed & his wife was coming in to lay down {END}. . that was a disaster LOL
One time, she glitched on top of the bed & hovered over it like she was levitating. :/

ProdiGurl
08-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes, I forget who mentioned the tile roof sound - I loved that.

Azula2005
08-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
Yes, I forget who mentioned the tile roof sound - I loved that.

yea i love the *tic tic tic* of the roof runing soundsXD

Gasketfuse
08-25-2011, 08:23 PM
The high profile stationary killing animation. I switch to high profile before killing guards just because it looks awesome.

Blind2Society
08-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Yes in RDR the walking controls took some getting used to but that game was something I have never experienced before. If I'm in town I will walk everywhere just because the game looks so damn good.

Now I'm not sure this qualifies as a little thing but it's definitely my favorite.
<span class="flash-video"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"
width="420"
height="345"
><param name="wmode"
value="transparent"
></param><param name="allowScriptAccess"
value="never"
></param><param value="transparent"
/><param value="never"
/><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0i6YFrSs6c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
/><param value="true"
/><param value="always"
/><embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
wmode="transparent"
allowScriptAccess="never"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O0i6YFrSs6c?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"
width="420"
height="345"
/></object></span>
I know I've posted this a bunch of times but really, I don't see how anyone could complain http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
I wish I had magical invisible speakers that followed me everywhere I go playing this.

iN3krO
08-25-2011, 10:32 PM
The way guards combats and notice altair's presence in ac1 and the facial animations of altair in ac1 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

nickfern19
08-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Yep, that's the one thing I love about the last two ACs, you start off the game with that song. Maybe with Revelations we'll hear it on a rooftop or tower again.

I also loved the little clanging sounds of your equipment when you run in AC1, for AC2 and AC:B they're gone though.

LightRey
08-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Being able to kick guards.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 11:10 PM

Man, that is fun. It's hillarious when you kick a plate-mail clad brute in his crotchplate, and he can't take it. I think the animus hacks Ezio's boots into solid steel. : P

Animuses
08-25-2011, 11:26 PM
-The music that plays when you synchronize on a view point in AC2 and ACB.
-When the rooftop archers in AC2 say, "You are not ALLOWED up here!".
-Poisoning guards and throwing money near him so whatever weapon the guard has hits everyone.
-After saving scholars in Jerusalem and Damascus and hearing them say, "...I'll make sure they know what it is TO BE A TRUE HERO."
-Throwing the beggars in AC into scaffolding.
-Thugs screaming on the ground after you beat them up.
-When the courtesans in ACB scream something like, "Aiutatemi" or "Malfatto".

LightRey
08-25-2011, 11:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Man, that is fun. It's hillarious when you kick a plate-mail clad brute in his crotchplate, and he can't take it. I think the animus hacks Ezio's boots into solid steel. : P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. xD
I also enjoyed that Da Vinci Machine mission where you had to take out the papal guard that had the location by kicking him for 100% synchronization.

kriegerdesgottes
08-25-2011, 11:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Man, that is fun. It's hillarious when you kick a plate-mail clad brute in his crotchplate, and he can't take it. I think the animus hacks Ezio's boots into solid steel. : P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. xD
I also enjoyed that Da Vinci Machine mission where you had to take out the papal guard that had the location by kicking him for 100% synchronization. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was so awesome. It made the whole "not being replayable" thing hurt so much more because you so just wanted to fly around Venice whenever you wanted to. At least they put the glider in Forli eventually.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 11:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

Exactly. xD
I also enjoyed that Da Vinci Machine mission where you had to take out the papal guard that had the location by kicking him for 100% synchronization. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, yeah. Most fun full sync ever!

agitatedchimp
08-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:

E.G

If you look carefully you can see where is scar actually is! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

luckyto
08-26-2011, 08:36 AM

Yes, the controls for movement are PERFECT. And this is one item which really irks me from the reviews. Think RDR is bad, try Grand Theft Auto IV with it's almighty 99 IGN score. Movement in that game is like an intoxicated crackhead trying to stand up while being pummelled by police. It's unresponsive, painful and disorienting. And then SO many people complain because Free Running makes it too easy... 1) it is not THAT easy; you still have to maneuver and react to the environment quickly and intelligently; you just aren't manually doing (hit X for jump) what your brain would naturally do for you without thinking. In other words, your brain is actually doing what it would be doing.

2) Controlling your character should not be hard, it should be effortless, that's good design. It's like fighting with Kratos. It's not difficult, but doing it well and with style, that's something else entirely. That is intuitive gameplay.

Assassin's Creed nails movement with very very very few glitches, and Ubisoft should be applauded for one of the best movement control systems of any game on the market.

shobhit7777777
08-26-2011, 09:06 AM
I love the way Ezio wiggles his fingers when the Hidden blade is drawn. Anticipation of the Kill http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

In all Ubis animations are second to none.

nickfern19
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM

Kicking guards four times in a row so they fall, then stomp on their heads.

ProdiGurl
08-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by shobhit7777777:
I love the way Ezio wiggles his fingers when the Hidden blade is drawn. Anticipation of the Kill http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

In ACB? I never noticed that - now I have to play it AGAIN to check it out
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ProdiGurl
08-26-2011, 10:24 AM
One thing I was noticing last night when I was playing ACII, and I noticed it alot in ACB is how when he's perching on top of something & squats down, his arms are in a kool position where his hands are almost criss-crossing in front of him.
It looks kool &... assassin-ish lol

SixKeys
08-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Some more I thought of:

Sometimes when you perform a particularly nasty kill and the guards look like they're about to throw up. This is at least in AC1, not sure about the other games.

I also like the animation for when you're sitting on a bench, trying to blend in. Sometimes the character will bow his head a little lower, stretch his fingers etc. I can just imagine the guards running right past the assassin while he lowers his head just a tad to hide his face.

The bards' songs. As annoying as they are, the lyrics crack me up. Also their comments when you shove them away. "But... but I love you!"

SupremeCaptain
08-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by luckyto:

Yes, the controls for movement are PERFECT. And this is one item which really irks me from the reviews. Think RDR is bad, try Grand Theft Auto IV with it's almighty 99 IGN score. Movement in that game is like an intoxicated crackhead trying to stand up while being pummelled by police. It's unresponsive, painful and disorienting. And then SO many people complain because Free Running makes it too easy... 1) it is not THAT easy; you still have to maneuver and react to the environment quickly and intelligently; you just aren't manually doing (hit X for jump) what your brain would naturally do for you without thinking. In other words, your brain is actually doing what it would be doing.

2) Controlling your character should not be hard, it should be effortless, that's good design. It's like fighting with Kratos. It's not difficult, but doing it well and with style, that's something else entirely. That is intuitive gameplay.

Assassin's Creed nails movement with very very very few glitches, and Ubisoft should be applauded for one of the best movement control systems of any game on the market. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The control in GTA IV wasn't that bad -.-

The only bad thing is you could fall off a building easily because Niko, Johnny or Luis insists on standing with their left leg in front, so they walk off the ledge getting in position.

Animuses
08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
I couldn't even play GTA IV due to the terrible controls.

Calvarok
08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
It has it's rougish charms, GTA.

Anyways, If I had to tell Ubi one thing wrong about the movement, it would be that it's alittle too sensitive. Running in a perfectly straight line requires absolutely no thumbstick movement, and most people have a slight movement at all times. The sensitivity also makes it difficult to jump in a specific direction from a roof. If it could be dialed back just a smidge, it would be truly perfect.

AdmiralPerry
08-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Agreeing with the user who posted the comment on the controls. The Assassin's Creed series has probably the most intuitive controls I've seen in a game so far. I also like how you can transfer your skills--as in, whatever you learn to do in one game can be transferred to another. There are a few exceptions, of course, but for the most part, you don't have to learn how to use three different sets of controls for three different games. I also like being able to walk without having to carefully move the analog stick a certain way. In all honesty, I prefer pressing (and holding) a button to run.

A couple of other things that I liked...
-In AC2, I noticed that the heralds all have different messages depending upon where you are, especially in Florence and Venice. I like that they don't recycle generic messages; their little speeches are tailored to the city and the populace they are delivering them to. It's interesting to listen to them, especially when they start talking smack about me. LOL.

-I also liked how the instruction manuals was written kind of like a report or something, and the characters had scrawled in notes, some helpful, some not. That was the first thing I noticed when I picked up AC1 for the first time. *likes to read instruction manuals first* It made the game feel a little more real to me. AC2 had the same thing, but it took me forever to find a complete copy of the manual with Lucy's notes. Too bad Brotherhood's "manual" was only one page... I miss the vandalism. I'm not expecting it to return in Revelations, but maybe I'll be mildly surprised.

rileypoole1234
08-26-2011, 02:06 PM
I liked the sound in AC1, I think it was when you completed a memory, but it was like 4 beeps, all in a different tone. It sounded kind of like the close encounters of the third kind thing. It was like bum BUM bum bummm.

SupremeCaptain
08-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I loved that in Multiplayer, the Herald's would mention Ezio from time to time.

luckyto
08-26-2011, 02:16 PM
The sound of capturing flags in AC1... and the sound of capturing feathers in AC2.

Oh, nice to have feature I love, my encyclopedia of locations with real history that was added in AC2. Man, what a nice touch. Very very nice.