PDA

View Full Version : Hitting The Silk

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi all,
This appies to Ground Attack Missions based in Dogfight Arenas.I`ve noticed frequently when Attacking Enemy Positions in a Bomber,be it Tb3,Il2 etc that in many an instance a Defending Pilot once sucessful in eliminating the Enemy threat will Bail Out even though there is no Damage to his Aircraft in order to save time getting back up in a freshly armed A/C.
Not only is it frustrating and unrealistic to the attacking force who take the time to fly the scenario as a simulation but also illustrates the mind set of the Score Hounds and Arcade Gamers who coincidently also seem to be the same people who whindge and moan perpetually about the A/c Flight and Gunnery characteristics.
Perhaps a future patch could rectify this by checking the damage level of the abandond A/c and putting up the message "Pilot Executed for Cowardice"or"Pilot Shot for Destroying OKL/VVS Equipment",plus recieve Negative points to His/Her Score as a detterant.
Accepted that there may well be Historicall inacuracies in the Modelling but I still think that a Cracking Job has been done in the creation of both IL2 and Forgotten Battles and those responsible should be congratulated.The Support,Fourums and Assistance is First Class and the continuing Development assures a Simm that won`t go Stale.
I`m sure that feedback on Inacuracies is looked into by the Development team and will be rectified if found.So all you whiners make the best of what A/c you are Equiped with as the Majority of the Simmers on both Sides do.<Salute>
Bird-Dog.Co No 6 Black Lions

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Hi all,
This appies to Ground Attack Missions based in Dogfight Arenas.I`ve noticed frequently when Attacking Enemy Positions in a Bomber,be it Tb3,Il2 etc that in many an instance a Defending Pilot once sucessful in eliminating the Enemy threat will Bail Out even though there is no Damage to his Aircraft in order to save time getting back up in a freshly armed A/C.
Not only is it frustrating and unrealistic to the attacking force who take the time to fly the scenario as a simulation but also illustrates the mind set of the Score Hounds and Arcade Gamers who coincidently also seem to be the same people who whindge and moan perpetually about the A/c Flight and Gunnery characteristics.
Perhaps a future patch could rectify this by checking the damage level of the abandond A/c and putting up the message "Pilot Executed for Cowardice"or"Pilot Shot for Destroying OKL/VVS Equipment",plus recieve Negative points to His/Her Score as a detterant.
Accepted that there may well be Historicall inacuracies in the Modelling but I still think that a Cracking Job has been done in the creation of both IL2 and Forgotten Battles and those responsible should be congratulated.The Support,Fourums and Assistance is First Class and the continuing Development assures a Simm that won`t go Stale.
I`m sure that feedback on Inacuracies is looked into by the Development team and will be rectified if found.So all you whiners make the best of what A/c you are Equiped with as the Majority of the Simmers on both Sides do.<Salute>
Bird-Dog.Co No 6 Black Lions

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:11 PM
Is that supposed to p!ss me off?

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

XyZspineZyX
06-29-2003, 02:34 PM
No.Why Sould it?