PDA

View Full Version : Some help with engine managment

schmitzer44
08-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have a link to a site with information regarding the engine managment of the 109 (preferably k4). I want to know when to engage MW50, how to keep engine cool and the use of the propellor pitch in climbing and combat.

Thanks

schmitzer44
08-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi,

Does anyone have a link to a site with information regarding the engine managment of the 109 (preferably k4). I want to know when to engage MW50, how to keep engine cool and the use of the propellor pitch in climbing and combat.

Thanks

vanjast
08-16-2005, 09:45 AM
AFAIK MW50 should only be kicked in at altitudes > 5000m. which actually means nothing to me as I use it at 50m or lower. The essential thing is how long do you use it for - It lasts longer at higher altitudes.

To keep the engine cool = radiator wide open and the higher you fly the better. This is of course at full throttle, which is where you will usually be flying at anyway.

Prop pitch... hmmm. Watch your engine revs carefully here. About 2400 rpm is max on most planes and you probably will not reduce your prop pitch less than 80% - below this tends to make your engine sound funny.
Whenever your engine is losing revs, reduce prop pitch to up the revs. Naturally while you're doing this the radiator's wide open.

When your engine overheats, auto-pitch - radiator wide open and throttle at 90%, should see you through almost any situation.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif