PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] New Game Modes

dragonraider00
11-21-2010, 07:37 PM
I was thinking of maybe in DLC or something some cool game modes to add and maybe some feedback.

Stealth- A mode much like Wanted. The basics are like a stealth mission in singleplayer. You get a target and a pursuer, but rather than running up, killing and running away, you must utilize stealth skills. If you go into high profile near your target, you lose your contract.

Havn't really thought of a name for this one but a mode where one person starts off with an invisible item or title of some sort. They are the target of every other player in the game. The goal is to obtain and hold the title/item for as long as you can. The longer you keep it, the more points get added to the score. If the holder gets assassinated, then the killer gets the object and begins getting points added to their score periodically. The person that has it when the game ends gets, say, 200 points and the person that has the most points from having it for the longest wins the match.

Thoughts? Feel free to post any ideas that you may have as well.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I really like the second idea.

And forcing stealth the way you're saying would be nice as a mod to a game-mode rather than a standalone mode in its own right.

How about this for a stealth-focused game mode:

Compass sensitivity is set so it's ALWAYS full-circle, and only tells you when you're in sight of your target.

Finding target relies on the line of sight notification and the contract picture.

Any time you're outside a blend group and in sight of target, the stealth gauge decreases. If you're in high profile and in line of sight, chase begins instantly.

stealth995
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
i thought of two modes... one is a walk, fast walk, and climb only mode.

another is you can only go on rooftops once youve entered a chase or are being chased.

dragonraider00
11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by stealth995:

another is you can only go on rooftops once youve entered a chase or are being chased.

The rooftop one I do not understand. How would they get to the rooftop? By running on the ground and climbing up. What if the person being chased never goes on the roof and stays on the ground? I don't see how being on the rooftops could be forced, unless maybe a timer was on countdown that if they didn't make it to a rooftop in a set time something would happen. Not sure what.

Sporkfighter
11-21-2010, 11:17 PM
I was thinking that Ubi should develop some different Assassin aligned multiplayer characters and make new game modes or make additions to existing ones to introduce Assassin vs. Templar gameplay. The real life premises would be that Assassin's have learned about the Templar training and have hacked into the servers of Abstergo and try to prevent the Templar's from learning via the bleeding affect. Players could choose whether they wanted to be in the Templar vs. Templar modes or the Assassin vs. Templar modes. I really like the idea of the game mode that is almost like a capture the flag where a single player or maybe a small team of players has a title and is hunted by all the other players/teams and the goal is to hold the title to get more points. I think in that case hunters should be able to stun each other and get points from the actual assassination of the title holder though you got the most points from holding the title. I think they should add more customization as well including weapons not just outfits.

xerxesofthe
11-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Sporkfighter:
I was thinking that Ubi should develop some different Assassin aligned multiplayer characters and make new game modes or make additions to existing ones to introduce Assassin vs. Templar gameplay. The real life premises would be that Assassin's have learned about the Templar training and have hacked into the servers of Abstergo and try to prevent the Templar's from learning via the bleeding affect. Players could choose whether they wanted to be in the Templar vs. Templar modes or the Assassin vs. Templar modes. I really like the idea of the game mode that is almost like a capture the flag where a single player or maybe a small team of players has a title and is hunted by all the other players/teams and the goal is to hold the title to get more points. I think in that case hunters should be able to stun each other and get points from the actual assassination of the title holder though you got the most points from holding the title. I think they should add more customization as well including weapons not just outfits.

that does not make any sense. if the assassins had a fight inside the animus then the remaining templars would still be afected by the bleeding efect http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Toxic_Crow_1
11-22-2010, 02:37 AM
For the first it would be called Hardcore wanted. The second one the item could be the apple. I feel the second one is good but then I feel you would see a bunch of poeple just running around.

Seje12
11-22-2010, 04:51 AM
I would really like to see hunter mode for those who dont know it.
There are 6-8 players and one of them are going to assassineted a NPC hes the hunter, while the others shall protect the NPC or kill the hunter they are guards, and next round the hunter would change.
and some kind of race would also be good.
There are so many options to ACB multiplayer modes but there are only 4 in the game and they are all almost the same there are good but almost the same and after a while it can get a little boring
I hope they come with an update with more modes free modes and maybe some maps that you can buy. i have never seing multiplayer modes like a DLC you gotta buy, but maps that you can buy so i hope its free new modes like every other game and maybe some new maps, but first modes

Jurkey
11-22-2010, 12:46 PM
When you say apple(reffering to Capture the Flag) I think about Piece of Edens...

What about an assassin vs templar thing with a piece of eden? It's a 4-4 or so, and the team which holds the piece of eden for the longest(best out of 3) wins and gets the most EXP.

Someone mentioned that the assassins hacked into the Abstergo's animus and I think that's a great idea!

Could also lead to some freeroam mode, (the reason could be that the templars and assassins had to get used to the animus) and you could roam around, and kill templars. Killing wouldn't give much points, but it could just be to stress off.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by dragonraider00:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stealth995:

The rooftop one I do not understand. How would they get to the rooftop? By running on the ground and climbing up. What if the person being chased never goes on the roof and stays on the ground? I don't see how being on the rooftops could be forced, unless maybe a timer was on countdown that if they didn't make it to a rooftop in a set time something would happen. Not sure what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wasn't "you have to stay on rooftops"
It was "you can only go on rooftops in a chase"

How did you miss that?

But I don't think it would work.

I stand by a suggestion I made in the beta. Players on rooftops should be flagged as high profile all the time. It's a bit of a giveaway that you're a player. If you're in line of sight, you're obvious, you should have your stealth meter drop for it.

dragonraider00
11-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dragonraider00:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stealth995:

The rooftop one I do not understand. How would they get to the rooftop? By running on the ground and climbing up. What if the person being chased never goes on the roof and stays on the ground? I don't see how being on the rooftops could be forced, unless maybe a timer was on countdown that if they didn't make it to a rooftop in a set time something would happen. Not sure what. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wasn't "you have to stay on rooftops"
It was "you can only go on rooftops in a chase"

How did you miss that?

But I don't think it would work.

I stand by a suggestion I made in the beta. Players on rooftops should be flagged as high profile all the time. It's a bit of a giveaway that you're a player. If you're in line of sight, you're obvious, you should have your stealth meter drop for it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohh! I completely read that wrong. I thought he meant you must STAY on rooftops during the chase. I see now.

There should be a mode where npcs can climb as well as players. Would be intense.

zyghart
11-22-2010, 10:19 PM
I'm sort of disappointed there is no mounted multiplayer, I mean... it would only make sense.

Not too hard to do, just make a track like a race where the horses all run in a circle/semi-circle and add NPC's into the mix for blending.

You could even add overhead stuff to bail and head to the rooftops, haystacks and such next to resting horses...

It could be as simple a game mode as a race, or just a mounted manhunt/alliance.

Oh man, PLEASE someone at Ubisoft see this and make it the very first DLC. I'll pre-order it right now, and I'm absolutely certain everyone and their mom would buy this.

Got another idea for a "Capture the Thief" game where the "Thief" gets a sort of auto-sprint boost and one offensive ability (no assassination), and everyone else must try to tackle him and kill everyone that gets in their way.

Killing the thief would result in no points, and perhaps the thief should even auto-counter any attempt on his life.

Honestly though...

Mounted Multiplayer ftw...

srs bit'ness

xCr0wnedNorris
11-23-2010, 05:41 PM
I have an idea for a game mode called Thief. The objective is that there are 2 players, a carrier and a thief. The thief has to try and find the carrier and pick his pocket in a certain amount of time. When the thief picks the carriers pocket, they enter a chase where the carrier has to hunt down and capture the thief, retrieving the artifact stolen. Points are awarded for how long the carrier goes without getting pick-pocketed, how fast the carrier can capture the thief, how long the thief goes without getting captured, etc. The only abilities that can be used are Sprint Boost, Charge, and maybe Decoy. Kind of similar to zygharts suggestion.

Ven_GencE999
11-23-2010, 05:51 PM
I was thinking of maybe in DLC or something some cool game modes to add and maybe some feedback.

Stealth- A mode much like Wanted. The basics are like a stealth mission in singleplayer. You get a target and a pursuer, but rather than running up, killing and running away, you must utilize stealth skills. If you go into high profile near your target, you lose your contract.

Havn't really thought of a name for this one but a mode where one person starts off with an invisible item or title of some sort. They are the target of every other player in the game. The goal is to obtain and hold the title/item for as long as you can. The longer you keep it, the more points get added to the score. If the holder gets assassinated, then the killer gets the object and begins getting points added to their score periodically. The person that has it when the game ends gets, say, 200 points and the person that has the most points from having it for the longest wins the match.

Thoughts? Feel free to post any ideas that you may have as well.

I really like both of these ideas, though I think the first one is what Advanced Wanted should have been, along with a much weaker compass than what it is and penalties for going on roofs.

SirPhist
11-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by xerxesofthe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sporkfighter:

that does not make any sense. if the assassins had a fight inside the animus then the remaining templars would still be afected by the bleeding efect http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, man. you completely missed the whole point.

no, this is a bad idea.

Originally posted by Toxic_Crow_1:
For the first it would be called Hardcore wanted. The second one the item could be the apple. I feel the second one is good but then I feel you would see a bunch of poeple just running around.

not if there are guards posted and patrolling.