PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 image leak????

Mic_92
04-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Is this real or are we getting trolled by some ingenious bastard called Ricky87?

http://vghq.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Assassins-Creed-III-1.jpg

persiateddy95
04-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Probably fanart...

phil.llllll
04-05-2011, 08:34 PM
It's fake. I can tell by the girl on the cover.

Avl521
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
If the Guy/Gal in the cover is an Assassin... shouldn't he/she have a hoodie?

Anyways, it certainly goes with the whole Brotherhood ending theme.
Don't know what to think... I want to think it's true but... I believe it's a fake.

AntiChrist7
04-06-2011, 01:23 AM
i think it's fan art. nicely done though

TorQue1988
04-06-2011, 02:25 AM
It's just a fan art http://multi.systemlink.me/201...leaked-image-is.html (http://multi.systemlink.me/2011/04/psa-assassins-creed-iii-leaked-image-is.html) ...anyway i would love AC3 to be about the French Revolution.

crash3
04-07-2011, 11:10 AM
i think the picture isnt real but definitely relevant to the next AC-im a gullable person but none the less that picture has got me excited

an assassin in 1789 wouldnt have a hood by the way to who ever sais that-its all about tri-corner hats in those days haha!

itsamea-mario
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Nobles rarely wore hoods in the renaisance either, yet we have Ezio.

This, probably fake.

charleroi66
04-07-2011, 11:21 AM
If it is fan made, it looks rather impressive quality wise. My praise would go to them!
Is other fan made images/posters of AC up to this standard??

Blind2Society
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM
If the assassin in AC3 is dressed like that I for one will be severely disappointed. The image is really well done though.

AronAssassin68
04-08-2011, 06:23 AM
It's fake but really awesome nontheless.. Thats going on my desktop for sure! Or at least until the real ACIII wallpapers get around. :P

Jediknightben
04-08-2011, 07:50 AM
cant stand the french accent!

gohanks10
04-08-2011, 09:08 AM
i think that AC 3 will set in Paris, Marseille and a big countryside likes kingdom in AC1

PirateRob
04-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
It's fake. I can tell by the girl on the cover.

How can you tell its a girl? Guys generally had longer hair or wigs with ponytails in those days!

Ureh
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
One thing I need some confirmation on is: does the animus really place the likeness of the user on the ancestor you control?

Because I've seen a few posts all across the internet (including this forum) stating this as fact. I've tried to find something to back this up but I can't. Maybe someone has some evidence to share?

I was under the impression that the reason why Altair, Ezio, and Desmond have exactly the same face is because there's something odd that makes it so (Altair said something about the PoEs being able to make you immortal when he used a number of religious figures as examples).

If the animus does use the likeness of the user, then that's disapproves the PoE theory. But then I'm going to wonder how they'll put Desmond's likeness on a female body. If the PoE theory is true and there is something connecting Altair, Ezio, and Desmond, then...

1. They'll go with a female ancestor and explain why they suddenly decided to stop following ancestors that look like Desmond. Or...
2. They'll just stick with ancestor that looks like Desmond and confirm why they all look the same.

persiateddy95
04-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Because of this last night I dreamt about the opening of AC3. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

itsamea-mario
04-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Ureh:
One thing I need some confirmation on is: does the animus really place the likeness of the user on the ancestor you control?

Because I've seen a few posts all across the internet (including this forum) stating this as fact. I've tried to find something to back this up but I can't. Maybe someone has some evidence to share?

I was under the impression that the reason why Altair, Ezio, and Desmond have exactly the same face is because there's something odd that makes it so (Altair said something about the PoEs being able to make you immortal when he used a number of religious figures as examples).

If the animus does use the likeness of the user, then that's disapproves the PoE theory. But then I'm going to wonder how they'll put Desmond's likeness on a female body. If the PoE theory is true and there is something connecting Altair, Ezio, and Desmond, then...

1. They'll go with a female ancestor and explain why they suddenly decided to stop following ancestors that look like Desmond. Or...
2. They'll just stick with ancestor that looks like Desmond and confirm why they all look the same.

Well they don't all look exactly the same now do they, different hair, different complexions, facial hair and at first ezio has no scar, then he gets hit in the face with a rock, and gets the scar.

I think it's more to do with those ones in particular, Alatir, Ezio and Desmond, all being sor of similar, i mean they look alike, yet givanni does not, Giovanni was an assassin for a long time, with little measurable succes as far as Codex's and POE's go, yet within moments ezio has uncovered a giant conspiracy, and it doesn't take too lonk to discover the POE's.

I sort of want the game to be in france, but I'd rather it be mostly modern day, plus i hate most french accents and voices.
Also they dress silly.

YeOldeSierra
04-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Whether it's real or not, that's some excellent art all the same. If it was bigger I'd probably use it as my desktop wallpaper!

phil.llllll
04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by PirateRob:
How can you tell its a girl? Guys generally had longer hair or wigs with ponytails in those days!

Good point. Well I guess I can't but to me the hair, along with the outfit (look at the sleaves for instance) gave it a sort of feminine look.

No. I have no idea where that came from either (I've heard this a few times before) and mario below makes a good point.

Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Well they don't all look exactly the same now do they, different hair, different complexions, facial hair and at first ezio has no scar, then he gets hit in the face with a rock, and gets the scar.

Exactly. Why wouldn't it just place Desmond's whole body in there if that was the case? Plus we see Ezio get his scar so the theory really holds no weight.

He never said for certain but it's confirmed at the end of AC2 that this is possible. The games all certainly hint at them being more than just ancestors. Whatever the case, I suspect AC3 will star someone who looks exactly like Altair/Ezio/Desmond.

itsamea-mario
04-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PirateRob:

Good point. Well I guess I can't but to me the hair, along with the outfit (look at the sleaves for instance) gave it a sort of feminine look.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No that's definately a man, by our standards they looked quite feminine, but only men wore those clothes and had hair like that, believe it or not.

PirateRob
04-09-2011, 02:46 AM
How awesome does that look though even if it is fake? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Although I am slightly disappointed about the lack of beaked hood but then looking at the artbook section i know its fan based and some pictures on ubiworkshop have assassin's without beaked hoods, also in the sanctuary in ac2 many of the statues of the past assassins dont have a hood either

Blind2Society
04-09-2011, 11:30 AM
It's just not AC without the hood.

the_atm
04-09-2011, 01:44 PM
i dont know about you guys, but i dont want it in the french revolution, why? because i dont want to play ANOTHER game with guns, it's so borring... i'd rather keep with the hidden blade, not a gun, but this is fake for sure

danho1
04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Probably fake...But could be a picture of the Assassin before he actually became a Assassin, as in Ezio's case.

'A New Revoulution is Coming' - May be the result of the fancy nancy frenchman becoming a Assassin due to the death of loved ones, or any other cliche you see. Then lead the ol' revo against the templars?

But all that being said....Probably fake.

Blind2Society
04-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by danho1:
Probably fake...But could be a picture of the Assassin before he actually became a Assassin, as in Ezio's case.

'A New Revoulution is Coming' - May be the result of the fancy nancy frenchman becoming a Assassin due to the death of loved ones, or any other cliche you see. Then lead the ol' revo against the templars?

But all that being said....Probably fake.

This could be cool, there would be one problem though... the assassin seal on the back

danho1
04-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Touche...Actually noticed that after I posted ha

crash3
04-09-2011, 03:20 PM
person in the picture is definitely a man-only men wear tri-corner hats!

PirateRob
04-09-2011, 03:33 PM
It's quite obviously a man, I can see why people would be confused because of the long hair and how the jacket is cut and stuff, but that was just the fashion back then. I actually think it's quite a cool look although hopefully there would be some form of hood if the game is set in that era and this is real.
The jump in time works out quite well too its roughly a 280 year gap between ac 1 and 2 and would be a similar gap in time between acb and the french revolution setting.

dchil279
04-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by danho1:
or maybe... just maybe... an assassin who doesn't spend every waking hour of his life sprinting around killing people in a beaked hood and actually has a life for once

Blind2Society
04-09-2011, 04:34 PM
It's quite obviously a man, I can see why people would be confused because of the long hair and how the jacket is cut and stuff, but that was just the fashion back then. I actually think it's quite a cool look although hopefully there would be some form of hood if the game is set in that era and this is real.
You are right, it is obviously a man. The style isn't all that bad except for the tights and buckled high heels (boots like the harlequins for example would be much better) That being said there better be a hood...

Originally posted by dchil279:
or maybe... just maybe... an assassin who doesn't spend every waking hour of his life sprinting around killing people in a beaked hood and actually has a life for once.
I don't even know what to say to this.... What exactally do you mean and how would it be fun for a game? What do you want a mission where the assassin goes to the thearter? Being an assassin IS their life. That comment just doesn't make sense to me is all.

Ureh
04-09-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I don't even know what to say to this.... What exactally do you mean and how would it be fun for a game? What do you want a mission where the assassin goes to the thearter? Being an assassin IS their life. That comment just doesn't make sense to me is all.

Actually Assassins aren't always in their robes. Sometimes they dress in commoner clothes or wear disguises as to not draw suspicion. That way they can explore/observe a place, catch up on some gossip, spread rumors, and talk with people to plan out their mission/escape.

But the clothes in that poster are a bit conspicuous. Especially with that Assassin's seal on the back.

And it's funny how you mention a theater: John Wilkes Booth went to Fords Theater to murder Lincoln. I might be imagining this, but I seem to remember reading that Wilkes was actually part of the Assassin Brotherhood? It was mentioned in one of the games I think...

Probably just my bad memory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

danho1
04-09-2011, 05:34 PM
True dat..In the books it mentions the Assassins wearing common outfits to blend in...But its the game and considering that your a notorious Assassin in long whibe robes with a distintive bird beak hood and guards don't say sh*t when you waltz past, theres no point in disguises.

Dchil279 AC's all about the story, and they story is about Assassins...I assume you know what they primarily do? Go hit some GTA darts or Bowling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Blind2Society
04-09-2011, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

Actually Assassins aren't always in their robes. Sometimes they dress in commoner clothes or wear disguises as to not draw suspicion. That way they can explore/observe a place, catch up on some gossip, spread rumors, and talk with people to plan out their mission/escape.

But the clothes in that poster are a bit conspicuous. Especially with that Assassin's seal on the back.

And it's funny how you mention a theater: John Wilkes Booth went to Fords Theater to murder Lincoln. I might be imagining this, but I seem to remember reading that Wilkes was actually part of the Assassin Brotherhood? It was mentioned in one of the games I think...

Probably just my bad memory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what you say but how does any of that go along with the assassin having a life?

payrob07
04-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
If the Guy/Gal in the cover is an Assassin... shouldn't he/she have a hoodie?

Anyways, it certainly goes with the whole Brotherhood ending theme.
Don't know what to think... I want to think it's true but... I believe it's a fake.

I love it, he actually blends in with the french noble society. I know I'm not the only one on here who thinks how dumb the robes are in a practical sense. They are cool in every other way, it just makes no sense if you are trying to be stealthy. NO ONE ELSE IN THE GAME HAS A DANG HOOD ON, if he is supposed to be stealthy, why stand out?

Like someone else said, the tri corner hat covers the face VERY well, and looks like it has a beak.. sortta.

This looks really good.

payrob07
04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
The jump in time works out quite well too its roughly a 280 year gap between ac 1 and 2 and would be a similar gap in time between acb and the french revolution setting.

I agree about the fashion back then, I prefer the American style over the French. Meaning Americans were more spread out in 1789, so we had to ride horses, especially if you were an aristocrat like the assassins would be. The riding boots just look a little more manly than the knee socks. Sometimes I wish we still dressed like this, think about it. We would know every chick's breast size!

Ureh
04-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

Probably just my bad memory. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with what you say but how does any of that go along with the assassin having a life?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry wasn't clear on that. I was replying to the comment about assassins only wearing white robes and going off topic when about the theater.

I suppose that didn't directly answer your comment. My opinion is largely identical to your's. Assassins, for the most part, have no life. Even after Altair changed the rules and allowed things like love, most assassins nearly always focus on their missions. But they also demonstrated that even the most busiest assassins have some life even if it isn't a full one. Examples like Nicollo who wrote books, Viccello who was a painter, Antonio who was a player, and several other others who had happy families. Assassins aren't completely devoid of a normal life.

itsamea-mario
04-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Being an assassin isn't just their job, it's a cause they devote their life to, even after altair changed the rules.
They basically sacrifice their lives so that others can live theirs free.
They're not exactly going to have lot's of normal friends, they need to keep in close circles with those who share the same cause.

I just can't really imagine an assassin going to a load of parties or something, he'd need to explain what he does for a living, so having a massive socail life would be dangerous for him.
Not saying they can't have friends, just they don't exactly have a normal life.

PirateRob
04-10-2011, 02:40 AM
I agree with that in most respects assassin's should be focused on the cause otherwise mistakes could be made, look at giovanni auditore he had a life outside of being an assassin and a family and it worked to a degree but if he focused more on his life as an assassin maybe the family wouldn't have been destroyed like it was..

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I agree with that in most respects assassin's should be focused on the cause otherwise mistakes could be made, look at giovanni auditore he had a life outside of being an assassin and a family and it worked to a degree but if he focused more on his life as an assassin maybe the family wouldn't have been destroyed like it was..
So what you're saying is you would like to play a banker(or whatever life the assassin may have) in a game?Sorry but it would be BORING. Which, I believe, is why they don't add any such things. In the beginning of ACII Ezio had a life but that was just part of his transition into the life of an assassin.

Turkiye96
04-10-2011, 12:55 PM
definatly fake, assassin's creed would keep to the classic assassin outfit, with a couple of changes ofcourse ( i and im sure many others would be disapointed if they didnt)

PirateRob
04-10-2011, 01:02 PM
No not at all I'm saying giovanni shouldve been either a banker or an assassin not both! Ezio made a choice to be an assassin, it was his vocation I doubt altair decided to have a. "day job" can you imagine altair going to work every day! No I doubt it very much lol he was an assassin throughout his entire life

Blind2Society
04-10-2011, 01:10 PM
No not at all I'm saying giovanni shouldve been either a banker or an assassin not both! Ezio made a choice to be an assassin, it was his vocation I doubt altair decided to have a. "day job" can you imagine altair going to work every day! No I doubt it very much lol he was an assassin throughout his entire life
Well I think the difference being that Geovanni had a wife and kids so he had to be a part time assassin. He had to be the batman/superman of assassins with an alter ego and all.

EDIT: I think we are derailing the thread a bit... time to stop. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PirateRob
04-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Good point http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I am sort of hoping that this could be a real image I can't get enough assassin's creed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and I really think that france could be a cool setting though London would also be good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif anyone else like the style of clothes in the picture?

danho1
04-10-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm a fan...Say what you want about the french, but they know about elegance and class. Not a fan of the hair though, bit meh.

I know in my heart that pic is fake, but a part of me wants to believe it...I think France would be a excellent setting for next game. I keep seeing London mentioned about, would be sick but I just don't see it..
Ubi will wanna keep with the exotic accent, with the ocassional foriegn sentance or word thrown in...I was a big fan of that in ACII and AC:B, the whole requiescat in pace...Sick