PDA

View Full Version : Enemy planes can be still heard when approaching

jurinko
10-10-2004, 03:58 AM
except the big furballs with many planes around, nobody can surprise me because I hear every plane behind me. My distance attenuation is set to 1 though. So do my enemies - in 200m distance, perfectly aligned on his 6 he suddenly breaks away (and in LaGG, early 109 or Rata you really can´t see too much to the rear).
The problem is still the same - when turning the head to the side, there is no engine sound entering the ear "looking" away from my engine, so this ear hears everything around. I can not believe it is so hard to fix it.

jurinko
10-10-2004, 03:58 AM
except the big furballs with many planes around, nobody can surprise me because I hear every plane behind me. My distance attenuation is set to 1 though. So do my enemies - in 200m distance, perfectly aligned on his 6 he suddenly breaks away (and in LaGG, early 109 or Rata you really can´t see too much to the rear).
The problem is still the same - when turning the head to the side, there is no engine sound entering the ear "looking" away from my engine, so this ear hears everything around. I can not believe it is so hard to fix it.

alarmer
10-11-2004, 12:33 AM
I have had plenty of these kinda problems in VEF too.

My guess is that these fellows have poor audio cards and are not using 3D sounds. In this are the whole game is porked, the better system you have the worse you see and hear.

1.JaVA_Hornet
10-11-2004, 12:19 PM
I hear it also when i switch my sound
hardware accelaration notch back and during
the game when I turn my head to left or right
(virtual).

When i have full sound hardware acc. I do not
hear plains behind me.

DangerForward
10-11-2004, 07:25 PM
Yeah, the sound was really good in this area a version ago I think, but for some reason we took a step backwards with the current version. Bounces are much harder to do now unfortunately.