PDA

View Full Version : Why don't you just use steam?

BrianHanna
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
why are you forcing such a terrible system on people who legitimately buy your games.

Pirates will still pirate and enjoy the game because of the lack of DRM, and we will suffer, and only us.

Steam works, it has an offline mode, it doesn't kick me out of my game when i go offline, etc.

What would drive you to think up such a terrible system?

caswallawn_2k7
02-17-2010, 04:07 PM
steam still isn't secure, even the steam works games (the ones heavily coded into the system) have been pirated.

Abeonis
02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
IMO, this DRM is just terrible. It'll take a few days, a month at most for Razor1911 or someone else to crack the game into mimicing an online connection and Ubi will be suffering from just another pirated game.

I agree with the OP, the only people suffering are honest users with faulty, or even non-existent internet connections.

Wonderglue
02-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
steam still isn't secure, even the steam works games (the ones heavily coded into the system) have been pirated.

So you need a "Un-Crackable" DRM that will be cracked in one day? They should remove all protection. No one would complain,most people would buy the game and pirates will still pirate,with or without the DRM.

BrianHanna
02-17-2010, 04:12 PM
caswallawn_2k7

even if steam isn't 100% secure, this system is beyond terrible. It makes no sense to force such a bad system on legitimate buyers.

If it comes out with this DRM, i'm simply not buying it. Or pirating it, i just simply wont play it.

Seekzor
02-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BrianHanna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">caswallawn_2k7

even if steam isn't 100% secure, this system is beyond terrible. It makes no sense to force such a bad system on legitimate buyers.

If it comes out with this DRM, i'm simply not buying it. Or pirating it, i just simply wont play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do so, none will miss you

BrianHanna
02-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Seekzor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrianHanna:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">caswallawn_2k7

If it comes out with this DRM, i'm simply not buying it. Or pirating it, i just simply wont play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do so, none will miss you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wasn't expected to be missed in a single player game *******.

TheHeeyyy
02-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Steam would be a much better option than this crappy DRM Ubisoft is developing. You can install-it on as many computers as you have, you don't need to do a disk check to start a game, you can store save files online via Steam Cloud, it has an offline mode where you can play games that don't require an internet connection offline, and it doesn't boot you from your game when your internet drops-out for 30 seconds!!!

Seekzor
02-18-2010, 10:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Seekzor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BrianHanna:

Do so, none will miss you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i wasn't expected to be missed in a single player game *******. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you then use one of the billions threads which excists there with the same QQ... *******

BrianHanna
02-18-2010, 10:20 AM
find one with a time stamp starting before mine and i will

Seekzor
02-18-2010, 10:36 AM
find one with a time stamp starting before mine and i will

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/6491071297 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6491071297)

This one is discussion that matter and several other things around the PC release

And there is a bunch of others which I can't bother to find right now, prob on second page or so since the subject got kinda overdiscussed

Enjoy

Windrius
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Wonderglue:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:

So you need a "Un-Crackable" DRM that will be cracked in one day? They should remove all protection. No one would complain,most people would buy the game and pirates will still pirate,with or without the DRM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea I 100% agree.
DRM just RUINS THE GAME!
I'm not sure, but I think from AC1 ubisoft made quite alot even tho it was pirated like hell.
I mean srsly. Kicking out of game?
It's like ubi is forcing us to buy consoles which I hate for gamepads!! UHH IT'S SO LAME!! I only use a joystick on some fighting games and stuff. But gamepad on an Adventure/RPG game?
PLEASE.