PDA

View Full Version : Convincing my mom...

AaTcSnake
12-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Hey guys I've been trying to convince my mom to get me Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 for Christmas. She says its too bloody and violent. I told her you can turn off blood (unless it's changed from AC2) but she's too stubborn. Any ideas?

EnragedCactus1
12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AaTcSnake:
Hey guys I've been trying to convince my mom to get me Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 for Christmas. She says its too bloody and violent. I told her you can turn off blood (unless it's changed from AC2) but she's too stubborn. Any ideas?

show her game play of someone turning off the blood

ninja_7_7
12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
OMG AC3 came out? When?

Abeonis
12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I didn't know Assassin's Creed 3 was out yet...

AaTcSnake
12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Well, she might not like the stabbing and stuff even without the blood. She doesn't understand I just like it for fun!!

evilkitten28
12-02-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't really have any advice for you because I'm a mom and I bought the AC games for ME. My son doesn't get to play it until I complete it first.

Hmmm, maybe you could tell her that other moms actually play the game. Or wait, does she happen to like Italian men? Ezio is pretty sexy considering he's a video game character.

AaTcSnake
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
She's married rofl. And she couldn't care less about video games

evilkitten28
12-02-2010, 05:29 PM
She's married rofl. And she couldn't care less about video games

Oh well....I tried http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BloodyMoon1
12-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Ask your dad? Ask for money and have someone you know that's old enough to buy it? Drug your mom?

E-Zekiel
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
What are their political beliefs? Do they like excellent stories? If you explain the awesome storyline from the first and second one (assuming you played them) they may be swayed that there's more to the game than violence. In fact, AC isn't really all that violent at all compared to some other ridiculously violent games. The only thing is that when you hit people they bleed. That's pretty much it.

No dismemberment. No decapitations. No puking. Nothing like that.

LadyGahan2010
12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
If you're under 18 and trying to get the game, I guess your mom/dad has the last word here.
(Assuming you're under 18... otherwise why would you need consent?)

Keksus
12-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Well, if she says so you have to live with it. But I don't really understand why you're allowed to play AC2 but not Brotherhood. But well, I'm not the one to judge.

mantledarcanum
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM
She's married rofl.

AND?

If you're under 18, which I'm assuming you are since you have to ask her for it, you may be SOL. It is violent, yes.. and yes, you can turn off the blood.. but the game is also rich in Renaissance history. You can try to show her comparisons of the architecture renderings to the real buildings.. or the cutscenes with Leonardo and his inventions (motherly protip: Leave anything with the apple or the Truth/Da Vinci Code out) orrr even the profiles of the characters.

If that doesn't work.. I guess you'll have to wait until you're older. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

TreFacTor
12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Hey guys I've been trying to convince my mom to get me Assassin's Creed 3 for PS3 for Christmas. She says its too bloody and violent. I told her you can turn off blood (unless it's changed from AC2) but she's too stubborn. Any ideas? Solution: Ask for an amazon gift card...order from amazon ...beat both parents to the mailbox everyday till delivery...only play when both parents aren't home

LaCava1
12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Assassin's Creed 3 doesn't exist yet. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood exists, but of course, THAT'S not Assassin's Creed 3.

Orpheus169
12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Get a job and buy your own copy?

flyingeaglemile
12-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus169:

This.

Kaxen6
12-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Tell her you'll learn history!

TANGENTIAL LEARNING YAY!

Or make your own money and get the game yourself.

ninja_7_7
12-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Orpheus169:
If hes under 17 he still might now be able too.

Caligula__
12-02-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:

TANGENTIAL LEARNING YAY!

cute sig Kaxen, and yeah say you learn history, I learnt heaps from AC2 and ACB

ninja_7_7
12-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaxen6:

TANGENTIAL LEARNING YAY!

cute sig Kaxen, and yeah say you learn history, I learnt heaps from AC2 and ACB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly ^^ I found the piece of eden because of this game.

recklesschords
12-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

As for your mom, tell her it's culturally beneficial, morally sound, and do not -- I repeat, do not -- play the beginning sequences around either of your parents.

rocketxsurgeon
12-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't advise going behind your parents back and getting the game. That will only make it worse, and if they find out they'll take it off of you.

Just go at it from an historical angle. Say that it features quite a bit of renaissance history and that you're quite keen on the topic.

I'm going to be honest here, AC:Brotherhood has made me look up numerous stuff on renaissance history, it intrigues me. But that might just be the historian in me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jalle853
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
my mon said the same when i wanted GTA for christmas last year, but when the 24th finally came, guess what was under the tree.
she said i couldent have it because she wanted me to be suprised when i got it, my guess is your parents are doing the same thing.
if not, then i dont know GL getting it then.

evilkitten28
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by recklesschords:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

As for your mom, tell her it's culturally beneficial, morally sound, and do not -- I repeat, do not -- play the beginning sequences around either of your parents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh goo advice! I had to have the kids leave the room for a bit.

evilkitten28
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:
I wouldn't advise going behind your parents back and getting the game. That will only make it worse, and if they find out they'll take it off of you.

Agreed, if my son did that he'd be in deep trouble. Lucky for him, he gets to play it now that I'm done with it.

ROCwd
12-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Heres my advice.. it involves getting a little creative so I hope you're good at drawing.

Pick a box from one of your current video games and take out the cover, leaving just the plastic. Then get a piece of paper, cut it to the same size as the cover you just took out and draw the following on it:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> A boy, similair to yourself holding a chainsaw.

<LI> A woman similair to your mom being killed with the chainsaw by the said boy. (tip: include plenty of blood and make the woman that looks like your mother really old and fat)

<LI> Then write the title: "The boy who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas so carved his mom to pieces: the game" [/list]

Be imaginative and use plenty of colour. (perhaps the title could be written in blood?)

After you are done, approach your mom and tell her that you can see why she doesn't want you playing AC and you accept her decision.

Then say you've found a new, more appropriate video game instead.. hand her the box, with your home-made cover on it and as if by magic, you'll get exactly what you want >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AssassinzBlade
12-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by evilkitten28:
I don't really have any advice for you because I'm a mom and I bought the AC games for ME. My son doesn't get to play it until I complete it first.

..mommy?

obliviondoll
12-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ROCwd:
Heres my advice.. it involves getting a little creative so I hope you're good at drawing.

Pick a box from one of your current video games and take out the cover, leaving just the plastic. Then get a piece of paper, cut it to the same size as the cover you just took out and draw the following on it:

<LI> A woman similair to your mom being killed with the chainsaw by the said boy. (tip: include plenty of blood and make the woman that looks like your mother really old and fat)

<LI> Then write the title: "The boy who didn't get what he wanted for Christmas so carved his mom to pieces: the game" [/list]

Be imaginative and use plenty of colour. (perhaps the title could be written in blood?)

After you are done, approach your mom and tell her that you can see why she doesn't want you playing AC and you accept her decision.

Then say you've found a new, more appropriate video game instead.. hand her the box, with your home-made cover on it and as if by magic, you'll get exactly what you want >http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
You, sir, are brilliant.

OP, don't actually do this.

Get a friend to do it, tell your mother the story, and convince her that as a far better-behaved child than your friend who tried this, you can be trusted to distinguish between real life and games.

Might not get the game straight away, but it should help a little.

X10J
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Tell her that the game is great for stress relief.

Explain that multiple studies in the field of health psychology reveal that people with lower stress levels tend to live longer.

Then with all the sincerity you can muster, ask "Why do you want to kill me, mommy? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif"

Jollydevil
12-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Work with the fact that it contains history and is a very knowledgable game. If you have the second one, you can show her the character Bios and things to do with history. If all else fails, get someone else to buy it (I.E Older brother, cool Uncle, etc.)

Jollydevil
12-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by evilkitten28:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketxsurgeon:

I would have to disagree. If you have your PS3/XBOX in a secure location, say your room, then all you need to do is be cautious while playing it (make sure your mom doesnt barge in on you playing it). Even if she does, she probably wouldnt know what it is unless youve got a nosy mom who would do something like google it.

Agreed, if my son did that he'd be in deep trouble. Lucky for him, he gets to play it now that I'm done with it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obliviondoll
12-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
Tell her that the game is great for stress relief.

Explain that multiple studies in the field of health psychology reveal that people with lower stress levels tend to live longer.

Then with all the sincerity you can muster, ask "Why do you want to kill me, mommy? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif"
Also worth mentioning:

A study specifically set up working on the premise that multiplayer games encourage violent behaviour found that, not only do free-for-all deathmatches NOT increase the probability of violence, but they also help develop teamwork and problem solving skills.

I'd provide links, but I got it from a printed magazine I used to have a subscription to when I worked at a medical lab. Don't have a website for it.

Caligula__
12-05-2010, 02:47 AM

ROFL, that's the best thing I've heard all day

k0br4
12-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Mothers, who'd have em?..

Solutions:

1. You have no money, you have no job, you are underage = Tough titties

2. You have money, you have a job, you are old enough, you still have to ask your Mum's permission = Grow a pair

Seriously though, this is ridiculous, if she's hell bent on you not having the game then you aren't getting it, simple.. I have to agree with someone who said ask for an amazon gift card.. Maybe someone generous would buy it for you?

TheLeoCrow
12-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Why has noone asked the OP's actual age? My opinion is, if you have to ask your parents wether the allow you to play a game, then this game is not appropriate for you. pick another game, prince of persia maybe?

X10J
12-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Why has noone asked the OP's actual age? My opinion is, if you have to ask your parents wether the allow you to play a game, then this game is not appropriate for you. pick another game, prince of persia maybe?

Bit of an assumption I'd think, my friend couldn't play pokemon growing up because his parents thought that it was demonic.

does that mean that he wasn't mature enough, probably not. It's just that some people tend to have faulty perceptions.

persiateddy95
12-05-2010, 08:55 AM
@Leo: It has been asked multiple times already.

Well I don't have none of those problems.

But like some said, it contains history which is a pretty good argument. I also learnt some stuff with GoW.

@J: Pokemon a demonical game? That made my day.

magesupermaster
12-05-2010, 09:06 AM
I have a friend whose parents won't allow him to play games that are not suitable for his age.
I often beg him to play the AC games, but because of his parents he can't.

Anyway, like everyone said; just tell her it's a somewhat educational game about renaissance Italy.

justinpunny
12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Why has noone asked the OP's actual age?

That's a bit vague/absurd, and I think it's already been assumed/asked before.

lol, Problem is most of the parents don't tend to allow their Kids to play some certain titles, because they are skeptical, despite the Age of their kids.

Even if some titles contain very Low Voilence, strong language, and/or Blood/gore, some Parents tend to have a very Strong Notion against that specific Title/Game. I've noticed this many times.

X10J
12-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by persiateddy95:

Well I don't have none of those problems.

But like some said, it contains history which is a pretty good argument. I also learnt some stuff with GoW.

@J: Pokemon a demonical game? That made my day.

Your telling me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also: I don't think "demonical" is a word. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

evilkitten28
12-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by justinpunny:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Why has noone asked the OP's actual age?

That's a bit vague/absurd, and I think it's already been assumed/asked before.

lol, Problem is most of the parents don't tend to allow their Kids to play some certain titles, because they are skeptical, despite the Age of their kids.

Even if some titles contain very Low Voilence, strong language, and/or Blood/gore, some Parents tend to have a very Strong Notion against that specific Title/Game. I've noticed this many times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, I have other parents asking me if certain games are appropriate for their kids cuz they know that I've probably played them before. Or at the very least I know about them.

Since I'm a parent and a gamer I have a better idea than most parents about what's ok and what's not. And although the ratings are great I've learned that nothing beats knowing YOUR child and what they should and should not see or play.

I just think that if the OP has any of the other AC games then it shouldn't be a problem. But it sounds to me like he doesn't so...I guess he'll be waiting for LBP2 to come out in January. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

persiateddy95
12-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
Also: I don't think "demonical" is a word. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
Yeah, whatever http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

ROCwd
12-05-2010, 09:39 AM
I've never really experienced anything like this.. my parents never witheld anything from me, they bought me every GTA that ever came out because the new games were always released around the 22nd of October, which is my birthday and any films etc. that were 18+, they never hesitated to get them for me when I asked. If you ignore my previous post then you could say I turned out just fine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Perhaps find someone you know who is in the same position as me and use them as an example?

persiateddy95
12-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Maybe you should all just listen to this, and skip to 1:35:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...vSRc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cI22ptvSRc&feature=related)

AssassinzBlade
12-05-2010, 09:58 AM
my parents never witheld anything from me,
Same here, my parents trust me enough that they know I won't turn into an evil assassin after high school.

k0br4
12-05-2010, 09:58 AM
As much as I hate that damn music, I agree.. I also can't believe this has taken up 3 pages.. Amazing.

rocketxsurgeon
12-05-2010, 10:39 AM
To the OP. Has any of your friends got Brotherhood? (someone your parents feel is setting a good example to you?).

It might sway them a bit if they realise its acceptable for people your age to have the game.

I for one think some video games are poorly rated, but that's just me, I don't really take offence to anything.

killie_lad
12-05-2010, 11:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...vSRc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cI22ptvSRc&feature=related) what does he say? something about free will.

persiateddy95
12-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by killie_lad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...vSRc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cI22ptvSRc&feature=related) what does he say? something about free will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was talking about listenning to the song http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TheLeoCrow
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
[...]

no it hasn't. people just speculated, not asked

persiateddy95
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
no it hasn't. people just speculated, not asked
It was enough for the OP to answer though. Either way, the OP is not even around.

killie_lad
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killie_lad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...vSRc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cI22ptvSRc&feature=related) what does he say? something about free will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was talking about listenning to the song http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You said skip to 1:35 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif and don't you shifty eyes me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ExprtAssassin
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
My advice is, tell her that you can learn a lot of history playing it. But... If she watches you play, then make sure you take off subtitles (swear words translated) and skip through the cinimatics in sequence 1.

X10J
12-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Ask her reeealy niceeeely.

magesupermaster
12-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Promise her that if you will get a hundred on your next test, she'll buy you the game.

LightRey
12-06-2010, 01:48 AM
roshambo?

Pattington_Bear
12-06-2010, 01:59 AM
I had the same problem when trying to buy GTA san andres for PS2, it was my money, I was only 11 at the time and particularly due to the Manhunt murders around the date as well, an 18 rated game was a real no no (although I had been playing quake since I was 8). I did manage to persuade my parents and I bought it, I still haven't shot anyone.

Now I'm technically an adult I can buy any game I want http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but one piece of advice have you got any older siblings? I got my older brother to buy GTA IV for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackglasswar
12-06-2010, 02:16 AM
I personally hate it when people under age buy games... i hate it more when a parent buys it for them!!!!

No word of a lie I saw a parent buy an 8 year old a copy of Wolfenstien!!! Bloody irresponsible, the ratings are there for a reason... and American ratings are crap. I hate the advice that people are giving a minor in this thread!

SHAME!!!

Pattington_Bear
12-06-2010, 02:52 AM
I laugh at parents who get turned down when they have a child with them.

persiateddy95
12-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by killie_lad:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by killie_lad:

I was talking about listenning to the song http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You said skip to 1:35 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif and don't you shifty eyes me http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Skip to 1:35 to listen to the epic piece of metal from there to 1:50 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Originally posted by Blackglasswar:
I personally hate it when people under age buy games... i hate it more when a parent buys it for them!!!!

No word of a lie I saw a parent buy an 8 year old a copy of Wolfenstien!!! Bloody irresponsible, the ratings are there for a reason... and American ratings are crap. I hate the advice that people are giving a minor in this thread!

SHAME!!!
I'm going to ignore that.

SirPhist
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Try to sound like Shaun Hastings mentioning all kinds of historical dates and events, saying you learned them from playing the previous games at a friend's house. Tell her you've been to Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus; Florence, Tuscany, Venice, and the Vatican, and learned all sorts of facts about specific places in those cities.

EDIT: Mention how you learn how to manage money, inventory & repair your equipment consistently, talk to people, ride horses, row gondolas, and play the game without attacking anybody!

persiateddy95
12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
^ And to continue what SirPhist said, don't forget to mention how you like to stab through bad people/guards/Templars painfully.

SirPhist
12-06-2010, 11:33 AM
^ And to continue what SirPhist said, don't forget to mention how you like to stab through bad people/guards/Templars painfully.

Only in order to save the world! Tell her that; tell your mom that you have to save the world! Not only that, tell her you have to learn how to manage subordinates and be a leader. Tell her it's a mystery story.

EDIT: ain't it interesting how one would almost never hear the same conflict over a story book novel? "mommy, i want this book."
"NO, it's too violent & bloody!"
"but it's historical and phsychologically engaging!"
"NO, you'll imagine being too violent & bloody!"

RunnerGroucho
12-06-2010, 11:39 AM
My mom walked in on the part of the second game where they revealed that Jesus was an alien. Now I don't get Brotherhood, or any other Ubisoft game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

sFX_usa
12-06-2010, 11:43 AM

SHAME!!!
are you kidding? yeh ratings are ther for a reason - to advise.
there are plenty of grown ups here and they all probably played when they were kids. back before the ESRB and PEGI crap.
when watching Lara getting impaled by spikes was not much of a big deal, and they all turned out fine. (I think. I don't really know any of them)
and that's another point. we don't know the OP.
it's our job to try and educate some random kid asking for help to scheme his parents.
it's not your job to try to educate us to try to educate the OP.

SirPhist
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by GrouchoUnleashe:
My mom walked in on the part of the second game where they revealed that Jesus was an alien. Now I don't get Brotherhood, or any other Ubisoft game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Not even FARCRY2?

Wouldn't it be great if the type of parents in question saw the intrigue of such a game mentioning such fictitious reality?

Some parents are very hard-headed. They won't let you have "game title here" but they'll sit and watch "Russel Crowe's Robin Hood/virtually any movie title here"?

ninja_7_7
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM

SHAME!!!
Sorry I have been playing games like these since I was 8 and I turned out fine.

k0br4
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
And now, the award for most pointless thread ever goes to..

ZCherub
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
No, you didn't.

ninja_7_7
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by k0br4:
And now, the award for most pointless thread ever goes to..
And this post wins the award for the most pointless post EVARRR!1!11

k0br4
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
In the words of comic book guy..

"Worst, reply, ever"

magesupermaster
12-06-2010, 02:23 PM

What?!
They never said Jesus was an alien.
They just 'showed' he was a freud.

X10J
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM

that sucks, especialy considering that Jesus wasn't an alien, or even First Civilization.

Edit: ahh ninja'd, you win this round MageMaster.

magesupermaster
12-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Must..resist..starting..off topic..shenanigans..with J! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

JAHman28
12-06-2010, 02:55 PM

I feel sorry for you. It seems even a whiff of (non-existential, It's fiction, a story, lies etc. challenge at faith and people are switched on like electromagnets which repel any and all things which don't praise their lord. Why are people so intolerant?

OT: OP should tell his mom that in this game you learn history, maths in the glyphs and human anatomy... if you know what I mean http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif